No announcement yet.

Rams release Torry Holt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a suprising move at all, I think any1 with a clue about the St. Louis Rams which isn't very many people saw it coming. I hope he ends up on a good team with a great chance to succeed next year. I know he kinda asked to be released, and that might seem assholeish to some people, but not to me. I mean, c'mon I wouldn't exactly to be thrilled with the Rams right now. Donnie Avery and the rest of the scrubs we have, ouch!

Comment

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...de-fell-apart/

The Tennessee Titans were on the verge of completing a trade for St. Louis Rams wide receiver Torry Holt yesterday, sources close to the situation informed the National Football Post.

The NFP has also learned that the deal between the Titans and Rams fell through because Holt refused to restructure his current contract. Holtís refusal not only caused the potential trade to fall apart, but also led to his release from the St. Louis Rams earlier today.

Now a free agent at the age of 32, Holt caught 64 passes for 796 yards and 3 touchdowns in 14 starts for the Rams last season.

More on this story as it develops.
      Just a rumor, but nevertheless, it gives me hope. At least gives insight on why the Rams would have trouble trading him.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...de-fell-apart/

Just a rumor, but nevertheless, it gives me hope. At least gives insight on why the Rams would have trouble trading him.
        If he refused to restructure his contract, don't you take that as a bad sign if your a Titans fan?

Comment

come on Giants. PLEASE make this happen. Sign holt, draft britt. total world and scotty's pants explosion
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Ha please scotty don't explode.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Does this mean that Crabtree could be a possibility if Jason Smith is not there? I mean Donnie Avery wasn't exactly consistent. I think if the Rams don't get at least some insurance through FA or the draft, they are in for a disaster of a season.

Comment

Patriots? They have to replace Gaffney

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

/\ If Jason Smith is not there, it means Stafford is. Would the Rams grab him? I mean...

Where is the haiku?
                  It was well suited for Pace
                  Holt deserves it too.

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
                    Does this mean that Crabtree could be a possibility if Jason Smith is not there? I mean Donnie Avery wasn't exactly consistent. I think if the Rams don't get at least some insurance through FA or the draft, they are in for a disaster of a season.
                    Just brought this up in the Rams forum.

They essentially have two first round picks with #2 and #34. If they took Crabtree, they'd probably still be able to get a decent OT later on.

Doesn't seem likely to go O-O with their awful defense, but we've seen weirder things happen....
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                      Just brought this up in the Rams forum.

They essentially have two first round picks with #2 and #34. If they took Crabtree, they'd probably still be able to get a decent OT later on.

Doesn't seem likely to go O-O with their awful defense, but we've seen weirder things happen....
                      True, but this is the dilemma when you have a team with so many holes.

Comment

Bucs could use another receiver.

But Dominik loooooves Clayton for whatever reason.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I understand that Spags wants to get younger and all, but Holt has plenty left in the tank.

Im guessing this was more of Holt's doing than Spags. I wonder if the Giants give him a look.

Comment

I like him and hester play together training him
                            One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                              I'd love to see the Colts make a play for him, Reggie, Torry and Gonzo would be awesome.
                              Geo's reaction:

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

If someone signed Lance Moore, I'd love to grab Torry. Hell, he'd be an upgrade either way.
                                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information