Stallworth Detained In Pedestrian Fatality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
    Why are you defending drunk drivers? What switch in your head went off that said "I feel the need to even remotely, even casually defend the drunk driver"?
    Have you not read any of my posts? I said Stallworth deserves whatever punishment he gets, I also said that if anyone has ever driven drunk, they have no right to judge him. Then I said it is a fallacy to say that a sober driver wouldn't have hit him. Which one of those is defending what he did? Please, quote one post, since it came out that he was over the limit, that I defended him.

The closest I came to defending him was saying I have no sympathy for the guy who got hit. He was an idiot and decided to play frogger on a 6 lane causeway. There were two people who could have done something different. Stallworth could have not driven drunk, and the pedestrian could have not been an idiot and ran in front of a car.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

• Originally posted by someone447 View Post
      Anyone who has driven drunk can't judge someone who killed someone while driving drunk. Remove plank in your eye, before speck in your brothers eye, that whole thing.
      Ummm what?

I have not got behind of the wheel drunk since high school, when I was young and stupid. When I grew up and realized that people can die from it I figured I would never do it.

He killed an innocent man and he was drunk, **** him.
      Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

• ack. edit:delete
        Last edited by awfullyquiet; 04-02-2009, 11:07 AM.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

The closest I came to defending him was saying I have no sympathy for the guy who got hit. He was an idiot and decided to play frogger on a 6 lane causeway. There were two people who could have done something different. Stallworth could have not driven drunk, and the pedestrian could have not been an idiot and ran in front of a car.
          I agree with most of what you are saying in this thread, but I totally disagree with this. I know that street well and it was 7 in the morning, the dude just got off work and that street at 7 am on a weekend is completely empty. You are telling me that you honestly would walk the extra X amount of meters just to go to the crosswalk on an empty after you got off work?

Even if he was an idiot and crossed somewhere with a high risk of getting hit, how could you not have sympathy for a man that just got killed by someone that should not legally be on the road? I have sympathy for anyone who just killed, whether in my opinion they are an idiot or not; and it's only your opinion that this guy was an 'idiot'.

I also have sympathy for Stallworth whos life is forever changed because of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
            I agree with most of what you are saying in this thread, but I totally disagree with this. I know that street well and it was 7 in the morning, the dude just got off work and that street at 7 am on a weekend is completely empty. You are telling me that you honestly would walk the extra X amount of meters just to go to the crosswalk on an empty after you got off work?

Even if he was an idiot and crossed somewhere with a high risk of getting hit, how could you not have sympathy for a man that just got killed by someone that should not legally be on the road? I have sympathy for anyone who just killed, whether in my opinion they are an idiot or not; and it's only your opinion that this guy was an 'idiot'.

I also have sympathy for Stallworth whos life is forever changed because of this.
            It's not because he was jaywalking, its because he didn't notice a ******* car barreling down on him. How the **** can you not see a car coming towards you? I don't have sympathy for either of them, this accident was caused by stupidity on both sides. I don't have sympathy for people who do stupid things, and I don't expect sympathy when I do stupid things.

Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
            Ummm what?

I have not got behind of the wheel drunk since high school, when I was young and stupid. When I grew up and realized that people can die from it I figured I would never do it.

He killed an innocent man and he was drunk, **** him.
            I probably phrased that poorly, the guy who posted below me said it much better.

But congratulations, you got lucky when drove drunk. I got lucky when I drove drunk. We didn't kill anyone and we didn't get hurt. Stallworth did, does that make what he did more morally wrong? I don't think it does. It may **** up his life more, and it may **** up his mind more, but I don't think accidentally killing someone while drunk is more of a moral lapse than putting yourself in the position to kill someone while you are drunk.
            Last edited by someone447; 04-02-2009, 12:34 PM.
            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

It's not because he was jaywalking, its because he didn't notice a ******* car barreling down on him. How the **** can you not see a car coming towards you? I don't have sympathy for either of them, this accident was caused by stupidity on both sides. I don't have sympathy for people who do stupid things, and I don't expect sympathy when I do stupid things.
              you're assuming the road is straight, that they're no traffic signals, and that stallworth followed said traffic signals. none of this is noted either.

i keep looking at the map and am trying to pinpoint where it is.

Comment

This might be the dumbest ******* thing I have ever read on the internet. Congratulations. 59 year old man is rushing trying to catch his bus at 7AM on an empty street after a long night of work, Donte comes speeding 10 MPH over the limit of 40 while drunk (by a wide margin, this wasn't a 0.8), hits him, kills him and oh...you have no sympathy for the guy who just left a 15 year old girl fatherless because he was stupid and should have seen the car coming?? It was an error in judgment, you know nothing of what he saw or was going through his mind when he tried to cross.

You must have never had anyone close to you die, because I guarantee with some of those people close to you there was a way to prevent it from happening. You probably sat in the funeral of your 75 year old grandfather attack a heart attack with a smirk on your face like 'i aint got no sympathy, old man shouldnt have eaten so many cheeseburgers'

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                  you're assuming the road is straight, that they're no traffic signals, and that stallworth followed said traffic signals. none of this is noted either.

i keep looking at the map and am trying to pinpoint where it is.
                  This too. Mcarthur causeway is a pain in the ass to drive on him, I could only imagine crossing. It's a ******* bridge, and if youve ever crossed a hilly street or bridge at the low spot you know there are blind spots everywhere.

Comment

This might be the dumbest ******* thing I have ever read on the internet. Congratulations. 59 year old man is rushing trying to catch his bus at 7AM on an empty street after a long night of work, Donte comes speeding 10 MPH over the limit of 40 while drunk (by a wide margin, this wasn't a 0.8), hits him, kills him and oh...you have no sympathy for the guy who just left a 15 year old girl fatherless because he was stupid and should have seen the car coming?? It was an error in judgment, you know nothing of what he saw or was going through his mind when he tried to cross.

You must have never had anyone close to you die, because I guarantee with some of those people close to you there was a way to prevent it from happening. You probably sat in the funeral of your 75 year old grandfather attack a heart attack with a smirk on your face like 'i aint got no sympathy, old man shouldnt have eaten so many cheeseburgers'
                    Like I said, I have sympathy for the family of the victim, not the victim.

I see death as a completely natural part of life. What is there to be sympathetic towards a dead person for anyway? He doesn't know he is dead. But even had he lived, I would have had no sympathy for him.

Was I sad at my grandfathers funeral? Of course I was, but not for him. I was sad for myself and for my family.
                    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

This too. Mcarthur causeway is a pain in the ass to drive on him, I could only imagine crossing. It's a ******* bridge, and if youve ever crossed a hilly street or bridge at the low spot you know there are blind spots everywhere.
                      All the more reason not to cross there... I like to be certain I'm not going to get hit by a car when I cross a street.
                      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I probably phrased that poorly, the guy who posted below me said it much better.

But congratulations, you got lucky when drove drunk. I got lucky when I drove drunk. We didn't kill anyone and we didn't get hurt. Stallworth did, does that make what he did more morally wrong? I don't think it does. It may **** up his life more, and it may **** up his mind more, but I don't think accidentally killing someone while drunk is more of a moral lapse than putting yourself in the position to kill someone while you are drunk.
                        Sorry dude, but you are very confused. I did it in a small town when I was 17 and that is because I was a young dumbass. Once I became a man I realized my actions have consequences, I have never done it since then. So yes he was morally wrong and should go to jail for a long time. The dude is a loser that was drunk and killed an innocent man. He accidentally killed someone, but he got behind the wheel of his car drunk and willingly. He is a very wealthy man, he could of got home many other ways.

Screw him, he is a complete dumbass.
                        Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
                          He is a very wealthy man, he could of got home many other ways.
                          like walking home. across macarthur causeway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
                            Sorry dude, but you are very confused. I did it in a small town when I was 17 and that is because I was a young dumbass. Once I became a man I realized my actions have consequences, I have never done it since then. So yes he was morally wrong and should go to jail for a long time. The dude is a loser that was drunk and killed an innocent man. He accidentally killed someone, but he got behind the wheel of his car drunk and willingly. He is a very wealthy man, he could of got home many other ways.

Screw him, he is a complete dumbass.
                            I'm not saying you can't say he was morally wrong. That was never the point of my post. My point was that drunk driving and killing someone while drunk driving are morally equivalent(unless you purposely killed the person.) You can't get on Stallworth anymore than any other drunk driver. Drunk driving is never ok, regardless of whether or not you hit someone.

It seems like I have to say this every post so people don't think I am excusing what he did. He does deserve to go to jail, but anyone who drives drunk deserves to go to jail.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information