Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cory Redding for Julian Peterson is done.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cory Redding for Julian Peterson is done.

According to FOXSports.com, via Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com, the deal that will send defensive tackle Cory Redding from Detroit to Seattle for linebacker Julian Peterson is done. http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...ding_to_s.html

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

I love the trade. Redding is insanely overpaid. He was a product of playing next to Shaun Rogers.

Peterson will start at SLB for us I'd imagine.

As for draft implications, I think this lessens the possibility of us taking Aaron Curry. I also think it makes DT a top priority for either the 20th or 33rd pick. Peria Jerry at 20 is my new target.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Interesting deal. Knocks off the chances of seattle getting Raji and Detroit taking Curry at #1.

Comment

Julian Peterson is overpaid too. An odd trade but maybe a change of scenery will help both players.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
          I love the trade.
          It's a good move for both teams, for sure.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Overpaid player traded for overpaid player. Seahawks get a pick.

Seems like an OK deal for both teams. I think I also read that Redding will restructure his deal, but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Peterson was a good player, but he did a couple things that just annoyed the hell out of me. Doesn't wrap up, not a great run stopper, not great at covering TEs, undisciplined. He was a better DE for Seattle than LB.

Comment

Jim Schwartz just got his Keith Bulluck for Detroit.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Julian Peterson is overpaid too. An odd trade but maybe a change of scenery will help both players.
                I don't know his contract status, but I doubt he's as overpaid as Redding.

Redding's 7 year, 49 million dollar contract made him the highest paid DT at the time. That's absurd.

Redding agreed to restructure his contract though. Good deal all around.

NOW GO GET CUTLER!
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

it will be nice to see redding motivated again

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Martin Mayhew is proving to be a very good trader in the NFL.

Now let's see how good he is at drafting . . .
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Peterson will count about $9M vs the cap in 2009, and almost $10M in 2010. He's pricey.

And he's on the wrong side of 30.

Comment

Peterson is also the best 4-3 OLB in the league while Redding is a barely above average DT. The Lions have gotten the better end of two trades in the past year, now, as opposed the 0 in the decade before that.

Comment

Peterson is not the best 4-3 OLB in the league. That's false.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                            Peterson is also the best 4-3 OLB in the league while Redding is a barely above average DT. The Lions have gotten the better end of two trades in the past year, now, as opposed the 0 in the decade before that.
                            and that got us all of 4 wins last year. We need a pass rush, and Redding has a solid motor when he is healthy.
                            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Hmm, sounds like I need to update my "Keith Bulluck > all other 4-3 LB's" study again... ;)
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information