Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cory Redding for Julian Peterson is done.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This trade doesn't make a lot of sense - I mostly expected both teams to just cut the players. That makes more sense financially too, since I doubt either team wants to keep those players at the contracts they have. Also, it ruins their abilities to make smokescreens - Detroit can be pretty much eliminated from the Aaron Curry sweepstakes (which hurts their chances of trading down) and Seattle can be eliminated from the B.J. Raji sweepstakes (which hurts their chances of trading down.) The Seahawks doing this means they're very likely to target Aaron Curry, but could be forced to either take a pretty substantial hit to their linebacker corps or cough up some extra picks (and potentially high ones) to move up one or two picks (potentially aiding the Rams, who are a division rival) to select Curry.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
      This trade doesn't make a lot of sense - I mostly expected both teams to just cut the players. That makes more sense financially too, since I doubt either team wants to keep those players at the contracts they have. Also, it ruins their abilities to make smokescreens - Detroit can be pretty much eliminated from the Aaron Curry sweepstakes (which hurts their chances of trading down) and Seattle can be eliminated from the B.J. Raji sweepstakes (which hurts their chances of trading down.) The Seahawks doing this means they're very likely to target Aaron Curry, but could be forced to either take a pretty substantial hit to their linebacker corps or cough up some extra picks (and potentially high ones) to move up one or two picks (potentially aiding the Rams, who are a division rival) to select Curry.

not quite poopy pants

Arron Curry can play MLB which would justify paying him 60 million dollars. Lions still have no one who can play the middle

Comment

It's not as big as a hit to the Seahawks LB core as you think. The Seahawks made it to the super bowl with Hill, Tatupu and Lewis playing LB. Hell I think Hill is better than Peterson.

Seahawks could just sign Derrick Brooks on the cheap for a quick stop gap. The Seahawks new DC is from Tampa Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by LOLitsTomBrady View Post
          not quite poopy pants

Arron Curry can play MLB which would justify paying him 60 million dollars. Lions still have no one who can play the middle
          No one is going to take a middle linebacker in the top five of a draft. Remember Patrick Willis? 6'2", 240 or so, ran in the 4.3s, #11.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
            and that got us all of 4 wins last year. We need a pass rush, and Redding has a solid motor when he is healthy.
            and Cory Redding helped the Lions get how many wins last year? All of my bias as a 49er fan aside, JP is a top 3 4-3 OLB at worst and Redding isn't even in the top half of the league when it comes to starting defensive tackles. Redding is also only two years younger than JP. This trade is so stupid for the Seahawks I thought it was a joke when I first heard about it this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
              Peterson is also the best 4-3 OLB in the league
              Hahaha, no.

Comment

Jim Schwartz does not place much value on the MLB position. Actually, it probably ranks 13th on his priorities, right behind Nickelback.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

No one is going to take a middle linebacker in the top five of a draft. Remember Patrick Willis? 6'2", 240 or so, ran in the 4.3s, #11.

no one will take a MLB in the top 5 yet Curry is projected to go either 1st or 2nd as an OLB? Your logic is flawed friend

Comment

no one will take a MLB in the top 5 yet Curry is projected to go either 1st or 2nd as an OLB? Your logic is flawed friend
                    Except that outside linebackers actually, you know, DO get drafted in the top five. See LaVar Arrington and AJ Hawk, who were both drafted to play outside.

Comment

Except that outside linebackers actually, you know, DO get drafted in the top five. See LaVar Arrington and AJ Hawk, who were both drafted to play outside.

oh shut up

Comment

I like this a lot for the Lions.
                        Originally posted by SNIPER26
                        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I think it's funny how both sides are trying to make it seem like it was a win for their team and a bad deal for the other... I think it's a smart move by both sides.

Comment

I just enjoy the fact that the Lions added a playmaker to the defense. We didn't have anyone capable of doing anything out of the ordinary previously.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.
                            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

oh shut up
                              I'm just saying it doesn't happen. Teams don't go for MLBs in the first five picks. Chris Claiborne (#9 overall) is the highest-draft ILB in the last ten years to my knowledge (Jerod Mayo would be second at #10), while there have been numerous outside linebackers taken ahead of that. There's not much of a premium placed on inside guys. I think Curry could play inside for Kansas City, but I also think if there was a top 'tweener (I don't see Orakpo as being one), they'd rather take that guy.

Comment

This sounds like a case of GM vs Coach

Schwartz wanted Curry.

GM wanted Stafford.

Trade for Peterson, coach will go for Stafford now.
                                Breed's QB Philosophy:
                                Originally posted by Breed
                                At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information