Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cory Redding for Julian Peterson is done.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
    This sounds like a case of GM vs Coach

Schwartz wanted Curry.

GM wanted Stafford.
    How the hell could you possibly say that? You don't know what you're talking about.

Schwartz wanted linebackers, period. Because the Lions don't have any of those. He tried to sign a couple and failed because it's hard to get guys to come here willingly, so they needed to trade for one.

Comment

it's dumping a horrible millen made contract by a dt on a team who was either last or next to last in the league in pass and rush defense last year. and detroit had i believe two holes to fill at linebacker to fill a traditional 43. and peterson was just a pro bowler. i can see detroit easily going stafford now that they have some kind of defense. they can feel free to draft for the future instead of just filling out the team.
      SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
      Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

This is a good move for both teams, depending on what Redding's new contract looks like.

Comment

Mayhew continues to impress me. It's crazy to think we had an idiot like Millen over him.

Comment

A WIN for Detroit!
            Not for long....

BJ Raji #1 overall pick is now a lock. FAIL.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              A WIN for Detroit!

Not for long....

BJ Raji #1 overall pick is now a lock. FAIL.
              How the hell do you figure that. It's not a lock they'll go DT because they traded Cory freakin Redding. It's still going to be Stafford.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                How the hell do you figure that. It's not a lock they'll go DT because they traded Cory freakin Redding. It's still going to be Stafford.
                nah, Jason Smith :D

Comment

I like the move for both teams.

Both guys can still play.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                    I'm just saying it doesn't happen. Teams don't go for MLBs in the first five picks. Chris Claiborne (#9 overall) is the highest-draft ILB in the last ten years to my knowledge (Jerod Mayo would be second at #10), while there have been numerous outside linebackers taken ahead of that. There's not much of a premium placed on inside guys. I think Curry could play inside for Kansas City, but I also think if there was a top 'tweener (I don't see Orakpo as being one), they'd rather take that guy.
                    Wasn't Urlacher #7 or 8?

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                      Except that outside linebackers actually, you know, DO get drafted in the top five. See LaVar Arrington and AJ Hawk, who were both drafted to play outside.
                      Logicowned

Comment

Originally posted by America View Post
                        Wasn't Urlacher #7 or 8?
                        He was picked #9 ... but I believe the Bears had hopes for him as an OLB

Comment

Seems like both teams getting rid of overpaid baggage. Detroit comes out a little better though because of Peterson's past Pro Bowl appearances.
                          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

What do Seattle fans think about Curry to Seattle at #4 if he gets past the Chiefs? He is a Mora kind of strong side 'backer.
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Good trade for both if Redding plays like he did in last half of 2006 and first half of 2007. 2002-first half of 2006 he wasn't very good while at DE and 2008was not very good either without Shaun Rogers, especially in stopping the run. Seattle still needs a stud DT though to help Redding but he's a good undertackle that can wreak havoc in the backfield just not consistently like a Kevin Williams obviously. Without a run stopping DT next to him, Reddings run defense isn't very good. See 2006 and 2008. However, he is better than Rocky Bernard and is a legitimate starter in the league,cheaper for Seattle and with Tatupu behind him shoud excel.

As for the Lions, we gotta go DT in the draft now because Grady Jackson is our best DT and isn't an every down player. Peria Jerry would be a perfect fit at 20 or Hood/Brace at 33.

Peterson is a huge upgrade over those so called LBs Detroit had last year though(they were more like traffic cones because they got run over or run around so much). Peterson probably has 4-5 years left. He upgrades our pass rush from blitzing tremendously(especially given the RTs in the division Tait retired, Tauscher up in the air and Cook) and given our DEs as only average with White and Avril showing promise, thats a good thing. Plus this opens the door for Stafford instead of Curry. You think Peterson is expensive, Curry will be very costly at number 1.

Comment

Maybe the Seahawks draft Brian Orakpo now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information