Oakland Raiders Sign OT Khalif Barnes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
    Mack/Unger/Wood in the 2nd or maybe Luigs/Caldwell in the 3rd would complete our Oline. I like what we have added to this Oline. 2 young OT's in Barnes and Pears that can play both LT and RT. The line should look like

LT Henderson
    LG Gallery
    C Draft one please
    RG Carlisle
    RT Barnes/Pears
    Call me crazy or stupid but I truly think Barnes is gonna be Oakland's LT, If its a fair battle with him and Henderson and Cable is not playing favorites Barnes should easily beat out Henderson. I think Barnes playing under Tom Cable and OL coach Jim Michalczik is really gonna help him and playing this this scheme he is gonna flourish in.

And im really not ready to handle the RT spot to Henderson if he cant win the LT spot.Pears might end up being a better option for the Raiders right there.
    Last edited by Young Legend; 03-15-2009, 04:59 AM.
    Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Wow, Oakland is really a team on the rise. I think Jamarcus Russell really benefits from being coached by Tom Cable and he has shown that he is fully capable of being Oaklands "franchise" QB. There running game is top notch with Darren McFadden, Justin Fargas, and Michael Bush. They got a great young TE in Zach Miller. Now with them adding Barnes, it really solidifies there o-line(still need a center), Now, alll they need is a consistent playmaker in the recieving and that offense will really start to click. Look for Russell to really benefit from his strong run game and solid o-line. I think this means they will most likely go Maclin or Crabtree in the 1st.

Comment

I think they go with Raji, Orakpo or WR in the 1st round now (in that order).

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
          I think they go with Raji, Orakpo or WR in the 1st round now (in that order).
          agreed. Dont rule out Maclin either. You never know Al Davis. But if Crabtree lands to them, I fully expect al to pull the trigger on him. No doubt about it.

Comment

good signing...maybe. Barnes went from promising to mediocre pretty damn quickly.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Why the hell did the Jags not resign him? Jesus, they are going backwards. Ever since their run when they beat the Steel in 2007 and then lost to the Pats they have been going backwards. What the hell are they doing?

Comment

Oakland is a run-first team, for sure, so I'm actually hoping Barnes can beat out Super Mario on the left side. That three-helmeted running attack should be something special next season if this line can hold up. Run DMC healthy for a full season will be an intimidating matchup in the backfield and slot and Bush/ Fargas should be able to wear down opponents pretty good. Raji would be the BEST pick now so let's hope Al pulls the trigger there. Signs point to Oakland being a team on the rise, but I'll refrain from any more optimism until we actually do something on the field. I like the one-year deal, Al must’ve learned a thing or two from last offseason.

Comment

Good signing. Allows us to address another position in round 1, although we still need OL help.

Comment

Ever since I saw Barnes on the FA list, I wanted him to goto the Raiders. Cool.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
                      Why the hell did the Jags not resign him? Jesus, they are going backwards. Ever since their run when they beat the Steel in 2007 and then lost to the Pats they have been going backwards. What the hell are they doing?
                      There was no interest between either party for him to come back to Jacksonville. He hated it there and stunk it up in a contract year. No thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
                        He's not that good.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                          He's not that good.
                          He had a terrible season but prior to this season he looked like he had a bright future. Was last season an aberration? I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me considering the Jaguars as a whole were a complete mess.

Comment

Kwame Harris 2.0 if they play him at LT.
                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Michael Lombardi believes from his time working in Oakland that Al Davis needs a 40 time to draft a player, so if Crabtree is there I guess we will see how important that really is.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                                Kwame Harris 2.0 if they play him at LT.
                                He had one down year and lost his LG to injuries and now he is Kwame Harris 2.0 right.
                                Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information