Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Panthers get on the phone about Leinart already?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can the Panthers get on the phone about Leinart already?

    Leinart obviously hasn't found his groove in the pass heavy system over in Arizona, and with Warner's new contract he's not going to be doing much.

    Carolina has Delhomme who they should be ready to part ways with (sorry Blindsite), and a strong as hell running game and defense, and a good O-line. Leinart can move the chains for them.

    Am I crazy or is this a good fit? Leinart right now is probably pretty cheap; this isn't a trade that involves Peppers or anything. Thoughts?

  • #2
    Peppers to the Cardinals for Leinart and a draft pick? Who knows. Carolina desperately needs a young QB and the Cards need pass rushers. I guess a lot of it would have to do with cap numbers and such. Obviously.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

    Comment


    • #3
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=30978

      :)

      It would potentially be a smart move for the Panthers, but unless and until Leinart starts bitching, the Cards have no reason to move him. A more than adequate backup who likely isn't being paid that much since he hasn't seen the playing time to hit incentives.

      Comment


      • #4
        That would be a very good fit for Leinart. I doubt Peppers would be involved. Maybe they trade there 3rd and future pick depending on how he does for him


        "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          That would be a very good fit for Leinart. I doubt Peppers would be involved. Maybe they trade there 3rd and future pick depending on how he does for him
          Something like, their 3rd this year and:

          2010 conditional 4th

          Upgrades to a 3rd if he takes the majority of the snaps at QB, a 2nd if the Panthers make the playoffs with him, and a 1st if they make the Superbowl with him.

          But, like I said above, the Cards have no reason to trade him out right now. Great backup who is probably being paid rather cheaply because he isn't being given a chance to earn any of the incentives in his contract.

          Comment


          • #6
            I think the Cards value Leinart a lot more than a 3rd and a conditional. They spent the 7th overall pick on the guy and they still think he is the quarterback of the future. I personally think that unless a team blows them away with an offer Leinart won't be moved any time soon.

            I think it will be good for him that they are not rushing him and he will turn out to be a solid NFL QB. He seemed to be dealing with maturity issues early in his career and after reading a few articles about him in the past few weeks it seems he is comfortable with his role on the Cards and waiting for his opportunity. He should be a good fit in Arizona's offense when Warner is gone.

            stephenson86

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
              Leinart obviously hasn't found his groove in the pass heavy system over in Arizona, and with Warner's new contract he's not going to be doing much.

              Carolina has Delhomme who they should be ready to part ways with (sorry Blindsite), and a strong as hell running game and defense, and a good O-line. Leinart can move the chains for them.

              Am I crazy or is this a good fit? Leinart right now is probably pretty cheap; this isn't a trade that involves Peppers or anything. Thoughts?
              I don't know. It seems like a good idea, but I thought it was a good idea for them to give David Carr a second chance too. Carr with his arm behind Carolina's much better than Houston offensive line and Steve Smith deep? I thought that was a recipe for a comeback and it just wasn't.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JF4 View Post
                I think the Cards value Leinart a lot more than a 3rd and a conditional. They spent the 7th overall pick on the guy and they still think he is the quarterback of the future. I personally think that unless a team blows them away with an offer Leinart won't be moved any time soon.

                I think it will be good for him that they are not rushing him and he will turn out to be a solid NFL QB. He seemed to be dealing with maturity issues early in his career and after reading a few articles about him in the past few weeks it seems he is comfortable with his role on the Cards and waiting for his opportunity. He should be a good fit in Arizona's offense when Warner is gone.
                I couldn't agree more. In 2 seasons time Warner will be gone and the Cards will need a QB (if Warner doesn't decide to pull the pin after next season).
                Leinart's time on the bench has given him the opportunity to move beyond the "Hollywood" knocks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  No way AZ lets Leinart go that cheap. Even if he hasn't done anything on the field yet(hasn't even started a full year), you don't just trade a 7th overall pick for a 3rd or 4th without letting him prove himself.

                  RIP ST

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I can't see Arizona trading him. He is very low value wise right now, Warner ain't going to play more than a year or two and Leinart is the QB of the future in the desert.

                    He would be a great pick-up for Carolina though, so they sure should try to get him.



                    Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                      No way AZ lets Leinart go that cheap. Even if he hasn't done anything on the field yet(hasn't even started a full year), you don't just trade a 7th overall pick for a 3rd or 4th without letting him prove himself.
                      10th overall pick.

                      As for the person who mentioned that Carolina would be a good fit for him. How isn't Arizona a great fit? How is it that he sucked with that supporting cast?

                      Leinart is a bust.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AussieBoy View Post
                        I couldn't agree more. In 2 seasons time Warner will be gone and the Cards will need a QB (if Warner doesn't decide to pull the pin after next season).
                        Leinart's time on the bench has given him the opportunity to move beyond the "Hollywood" knocks.
                        In two years time, Matt Leinart will be a 28 year old unproven QB entering the final year of his rookie contract.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          Leinart obviously hasn't found his groove in the pass heavy system over in Arizona, and with Warner's new contract he's not going to be doing much.

                          Carolina has Delhomme who they should be ready to part ways with (sorry Blindsite), and a strong as hell running game and defense, and a good O-line. Leinart can move the chains for them.

                          Am I crazy or is this a good fit? Leinart right now is probably pretty cheap; this isn't a trade that involves Peppers or anything. Thoughts?
                          I want a new QB and not just because of the playoff game that occurred recently.

                          I don't really think Leinart's the best option, though I think he can and one day will be an effective QB in the NFL, I don't think that Carolina's system is the best one for him to flourish in.

                          To be honest the QB I most would like to see brought in for a looksie is Derek Anderson. He's big, relatively young, has some decent experience and despite some accuracy woes could be effective in Carolina.

                          He'd be re-uinted with the guy who pushed for him to get a starting shot in cleveland in the first place and also with the quarterback's coach who managed to turn him into an effective (relatively) passer.

                          Anderson wouldn't necessarily be an upgrade as a straight up switch out for Delhomme, probably it would be the same passer under centre, but at least Anderson has the higher upside and is less likely to fumble or throw picks in bunches.

                          If I had my way I'd have a QB coach who can develop talent and I'd be taking a serious look at Bohmar or I would've drafted someone a year or two ago ready to go in. Fox for some reason doesn't like drafting early QBs. There's been a lot of scouting for White though so who knows whats coming.

                          I don't think Arizona would want to give up leinart and even if they did he wouldn't be a great fit.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            In two years time, Matt Leinart will be a 28 year old unproven QB entering the final year of his rookie contract.
                            Matt Cassel waves at you from Kansas City while he receives his post-dated signing bonus check.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                              I want a new QB and not just because of the playoff game that occurred recently.

                              I don't really think Leinart's the best option, though I think he can and one day will be an effective QB in the NFL, I don't think that Carolina's system is the best one for him to flourish in.

                              To be honest the QB I most would like to see brought in for a looksie is Derek Anderson. He's big, relatively young, has some decent experience and despite some accuracy woes could be effective in Carolina.

                              He'd be re-uinted with the guy who pushed for him to get a starting shot in cleveland in the first place and also with the quarterback's coach who managed to turn him into an effective (relatively) passer.

                              Anderson wouldn't necessarily be an upgrade as a straight up switch out for Delhomme, probably it would be the same passer under centre, but at least Anderson has the higher upside and is less likely to fumble or throw picks in bunches.

                              If I had my way I'd have a QB coach who can develop talent and I'd be taking a serious look at Bohmar or I would've drafted someone a year or two ago ready to go in. Fox for some reason doesn't like drafting early QBs. There's been a lot of scouting for White though so who knows whats coming.

                              I don't think Arizona would want to give up leinart and even if they did he wouldn't be a great fit.

                              Well if you don't like, or want Matt Moore anymore, you can just hand his ass right back and we'll gladly continue grooming him as Romo's back-up.





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information