Ravens Sign LJ Smith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens Sign LJ Smith

1 year for 1.5 million dollars. Wonder what this does with Heap now? Link will be up shortly after I find one.

LJ is done and so is Heap.
    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Here is the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3990774

Comment

Good riddance to him.

$1.5 Mil isn't really a risk though, as long as he learns to hold the ball correctly, not like he's ready to whip it down field.

Comment

More targets for Flacco isn't a bad thing. I do think both him and Heap will not be there next year however.

Comment

Is he going to be the third string TE, he can;t really block for a team that likes to run the ball.

Comment

Well, there's goes one more need off of our list. This is what Ozzie likes to do before the draft so we can go BPA, and you can tell by his draft history that it works.

I kinda like the signing, but I'm more neutral on it than anything. Can any Eagles fan tell us BAL fans what his main strengths and weaknesses are?

Comment

Not to be a dick, but...

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show....php?p=1551849

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                  Well, there's goes one more need off of our list. This is what Ozzie likes to do before the draft so we can go BPA, and you can tell by his draft history that it works.

I kinda like the signing, but I'm more neutral on it than anything. Can any Eagles fan tell us BAL fans what his main strengths and weaknesses are?
                  His strengths include dropping passes and thinking he's better than he is.

His weaknesses include blocking and running routes.

Comment

IDK why. But Heap needs to re structure or leave. We rarely pass to a TE I am puzzled by this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      IDK why. But Heap needs to re structure or leave. We rarely pass to a TE I am puzzled by this.
                      Maybe Harbaugh liked him from back in his Philly days? IDK I think this is strictly a depth move so we don't end up in the same position we did last year as far as TE is concerned. I don't think he will be a starter or anything like that, I don't hate the move since it is such a minor deal. I'd still like to see a Pettigrew/Cook/Nelson draft pick in the Ravens future, but like someone else said this is a move to make it so we do not HAVE to select a TE if the right one is not there.

Comment

good points. I wonder what we will do w/ Heap, I was a very big heap basher this past season but Heap is a better reciever and a better blocker then this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                          His strengths include dropping passes and thinking he's better than he is.

His weaknesses include blocking and running routes.
                          Sounds like a biased NYG fan, not a PHI fan...

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
                            Sounds like a biased NYG fan, not a PHI fan...
                            That was a harsh, yet fair (if that makes sense) assessment of Smith though IMO The guy is not great by any means. He's basically got the same issues Todd Heap does, this seems like a "Why not?" move, in the sense that we are getting him so dirt cheap why not give it a shot to see if it works out. If nothing else hes a big bodied target in the endzone that may or may not catch a pass if thrown his way. Smells like a reclamation project, if Smith had anything to reclaim in the first place?

Comment

Not a bad signing. Heap hasn't played well lately anyway.

Can we lock in Brandon Pettigrew to the Eagles at #21.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information