Your one untouchable player...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoopSandwich
    started a topic Your one untouchable player...

Your one untouchable player...

The recent disaster going on with the Broncos has gotten me to wonder, what player on each team would be so untouchable that if a team traded or was shopping them, would cause an uproar through the fan base and cause that team to become almost a joke.

For example, I believe if the Browns tried to trade Joe Thomas it would cause a serious rift between the fans and management...

What about your team?

• Bosanac01
    replied
    Matt Ryan > Jay Cutler

trading for cutler would be stupid as hell. Why would the falcons trade the QB who had the best year as a rookie? Can't wait to see what he got next season.

Leave a comment:

• d34ng3l021
    replied
    Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
    Lol? I don't really care who was better as a rookie.

Player A: 61.1%, 7.9 YPA, 1.45:1 TD:INT ratio, 87.7 QB Rating
    Player B: 62.3%, 7.3 YPA, 1.38:1 TD:INT ratio, 86 QB Rating

I know they are just statistics, a poor excuse for one's actual performance, but it is definitely some food for thought.

Player A: Matt Ryan
    Player B: Jay Cutler

Leave a comment:

• ATLDirtyBirds
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fear the elf
    replied
    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    You know what "untouchable" means right?

The Colts wouldn't take two 1st rounders for Peyton or any other deal, Dallas wouldn't take two 1st for Ware, do you think the Bears would take two 1st for Forte who they found in the middle of the draft?

If the answer is yes, he's not untouchable.
    yes, i know what untouchable means. there is no need to get surly (yeah, i said surly). i guess i didn't quite look at it the same way as you did. but i would still argue that without briggs or urlacher the defense is still good. not great but good. without forte, that offense isn't going anywhere. that's just how i see it. (i could be a little biased though, he did lead my fantasy team to the crown this year)

btw, forte was a second round pick. i don't really consider that the middle of the draft.

Leave a comment:

• Saints-Tigers
    replied
    Originally posted by etk View Post
    Are you being sarcastic? Matt Ryan is a winner. He's clutch. He has all the physical attributes needed to be successful at the position plus the intangibles to be consistent. He was one of the best rookie QBs in the history of the league playing for a team that was expected to win maybe a couple games.

Cutler has a strong arm and can make all the throws, but I don't think for one second that he could do the things Ryan did as a rookie. This shouldn't even be an argument imo.
    Lol? I don't really care who was better as a rookie.

Leave a comment:

• IrishX (aka bornbear)
    replied
    My choice for the Bears would have to be Briggs.

Leave a comment:

• etk
    replied
    Sure he's better.
    Are you being sarcastic? Matt Ryan is a winner. He's clutch. He has all the physical attributes needed to be successful at the position plus the intangibles to be consistent. He was one of the best rookie QBs in the history of the league playing for a team that was expected to win maybe a couple games.

Cutler has a strong arm and can make all the throws, but I don't think for one second that he could do the things Ryan did as a rookie. This shouldn't even be an argument imo.

Leave a comment:

• Saints-Tigers
    replied
    Sure he's better.

Leave a comment:

• BamaFalcon59
    replied
    No way would we trade Ryan for Cutler. First off Matt Ryan is better. Second, he is vital to our team chemistry.

Leave a comment:

• d34ng3l021
    replied
    I would think before this Brutal offseason, Ryan would only be traded straight up for about 1 QB, and that is Jay Cutler.

I'm not as high on Ryan as some, but he proved he's a damn good QB already, and he's a total class act.
    The Falcons wouldn't trade Ryan for Cutler (i have no way of knowing, but i am pretty sure). I would say that they are similar in the franchise QB type mold, but Ryan has the better intangibles while Cutler's physical skillset is superior to Ryan's. Ryan's intangibles are a huge part of the Falcon's success.

Leave a comment:

• scottyboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kase1
    replied
    Well Brandon "The Bulldozer With A Wreckin Ball Attached" Jacobs gets touched but he PLOWS people over, LOL

Leave a comment:

• Saints-Tigers
    replied
    I would think before this Brutal offseason, Ryan would only be traded straight up for about 1 QB, and that is Jay Cutler.

I'm not as high on Ryan as some, but he proved he's a damn good QB already, and he's a total class act.

Leave a comment:

• bearsfan_51
    replied
    Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
    He won the Week 16 game for the Bears, took it over in the 4th quarter against Green Bay.
    It was a 51 yard drive, and he only had two runs of over 3 yards, let's not get out of hand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information