No announcement yet.

Whos your teams breakout player for 2009?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
    Here's another one for the Ravens:

LT Jared "The Big Steal" Gaither

Some may say he's already had his breakout year, but I think he is going to cut down on the stupid mistakes, and be an absolute monster this year.

Tim Dobbins, talk about separated at birth.

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      I know, it is sad that they are still convinced that just because they dominated the combine it means they can dominate the NFL. At least they got Patrick Willis.
      Didn't Vernon Davis lead the ACC in receiving yards during a certain year? And wasn't Manny Lawson voted the best defensive lineman in college on a team with Mario Williams?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
        Didn't Vernon Davis lead the ACC in receiving yards during a certain year? And wasn't Manny Lawson voted the best defensive lineman in college on a team with Mario Williams?
        Megatron edged him out.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
          He does everything that Miller does plus he is much more of a threat in the passing game.
          This really isn't true. Miller was part of a worse offense but was more impressive last year, and that's with being held back to provide help for Oakland's crap tackle play towards the end of the season. He's not as much of a vertical threat, but he's a better blocker and catches the ball better.

Oakland has a couple possibilities. If Johnnie Lee Higgins makes a jump from '08 to '09 like he made from '07 to '08, then he might surprise a few people. I don't consider this very likely though. One could throw Darren McFadden's name out there, but his name is already the one people are looking for on Oakland box scores. In the absence of McFadden, maybe Michael Bush warrants a mention. He tore Tampa to shreds the last week of the season and could see significant playing time.

However, the defense will hopefully produce one breakout guy. Chris Johnson, if he can keep his play up, might jump into the limelight. He played some stellar football once he stepped into the starting role. Tommy Kelly, for all he is maligned about that contract, played some good football last year and had very favorable stats when measured against other defensive tackles. If Oakland can get a true 2-tech next to him (Raji?) then he might make the leap. And my personal hope is that Tyvon Branch turns out to be a pleasant surprise. Right now he seems slotted in at SS, which strikes me as a huge mistake, but I hope he can prove me wrong.
          Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 03-20-2009, 01:48 AM.

• Originally posted by Burger View Post
            Justin Harrell Will break out, Mark my Words.
            o god i hope so, mbe he will play a little 34 end in rushing situ. if he can stay healthy and wants to succeed he will break out this year (ill keep my fingers crossed)

On Andrew Luck
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.

• John David Booty will break out.

sig by fenikz
              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
              You are just a terrible person.
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              I have an iPhone.

• Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                John David Booty's face will break out.
                SKOL VIKINGS!

• For the Saints I'm going with Roman Harper.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

• I think Tyrell Johnson will have a solid year.

• For the Pats, it would great to see Maroney or Crable breakout. We need them both to have big years.

• Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                        For the Saints I'm going with Roman Harper.
                        That's a very good choice. I think Williams will start to play him to his strengths.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

• or

| Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Debug Information