Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos your teams breakout player for 2009?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Ravens, my guess would be:

LB Jameel McClain

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
      For the Ravens, my guess would be:

LB Jameel McClain
      Gotta agree with this one. McClain looked really good late in the season when he got his opportunities. Definitely a disruptive force off the edge.

Comment

I also agree with the Miles Austin picks.... dudes a beast, or I think he def could be
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Jerome Harrison for the Browns. Every single time he has gotten the ball he looks like he is about to break a long one. Absolute natural runner.

Last year he had 34 attempts for 246 yards and 12 receptions for 116 yards. Every game he would get like two plays and Romeo would pull him out, even if it was obvious he was the only running back producing. It was criminal.

Comment

McFadden if he stays healthy, Huff is he decides to try and tackle someone

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Gary Guyton. Depending on what we do in the draft I could see him starting and doing quite well in that role. Might be a year too early, but we'll see. I think we defiantly have something with this guy. Picked up the defense extremely quickly last year and really put that timed speed to good use. Crable could see some major time next year as well and hopefully he's learned something in the last year.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

New York Jets

*I'm not just focusing on relative unknowns. I picked a few players, and they may possibly be a guy who is well known but was playing really poor of late.

Lito Sheppard

He isn't an unknown at all, but I think he's going to come in and completely pick up his play. After not being traded from Philadelphia after they acquired Samuels, he seemed to play unmotivated and just poor in general. We'll see how he plays in the 3-4 system, but his play making abilities will be great due to a lot of looks he'll receive because of Revis and Rhodes. While he's our weakest secondary starter, he may put up the most interceptions. Also Jim Leonhard will be looking over his shoulder so if he'll feel comfortable and be allowed to take risks.

Vernon Gholston

Another guy who is not unknown, being a former top 10 pick. But he is definitely an unknown amongst Jets fans. I think Rex Ryan will allow him to reach his full potential. Expect to see him on the field much more this season and make an impact. Ryan and the awesome defensive coordinator and linebacker coach (whose names I can not remember) will be great for him. I think he'll push Bryan Thomas and eventually be a starter.

Brett Ratliff

He's gotten a lot of attention of late, but that's due to just being thrust into the NY spotlight due to a QB battle with Kellen Clemens. He was an undrafted free agent who has worked hard in training camp and the practice squad for a bit. This past pre season he put up the best numbers out of all QBs. If the Jets don't look QB in the first round, I think he can definitely win the starting job. He'll be asked to play a game manager and hopefully he'll have good receivers.
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

If you don't already know Orlando Scandrick, you will

Comment

Honestly I don't think the Packers will have a breakout player in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      if i had to pick one, id say james jones

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"

Comment

Originally posted by GBahDunka View Post
                        if i had to pick one, id say james jones
                        On a team that has Greg Jennings and Donald Driver as starters there's a limit to what he can acheive. Not to mention that he also has Jordy Nelson and Ruvell Martin to compete with for catches. He did have 676 yards as a rookie, and I doubt he'll even match that.

If I was going to pick one I'd say Brandon Jackson. He averaged 5.5 yards per carry last year and looked so much better than he did his rookie year. He should have been getting more carries, but for some reason McCarthy wasn't giving him any. In week 13 vs Carolina he rushed 11 times for 80 yards. How does he get rewarded? 1 carry the rest of the season.

Comment

On a team that has Greg Jennings and Donald Driver as starters there's a limit to what he can acheive. Not to mention that he also has Jordy Nelson and Ruvell Martin to compete with for catches. He did have 676 yards as a rookie, and I doubt he'll even match that.

If I was going to pick one I'd say Brandon Jackson. He averaged 5.5 yards per carry last year and looked so much better than he did his rookie year. He should have been getting more carries, but for some reason McCarthy wasn't giving him any. In week 13 vs Carolina he rushed 11 times for 80 yards. How does he get rewarded? 1 carry the rest of the season.
                          Donald Driver is 34 and not getting any younger, Jordy Nelson looks like a pure slot receiver to me. James Jones was slowed this past season by early injuries in which he lost his place on the depth chart. I believe he can be a solid receiver for the pack

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                            Gotta agree with this one. McClain looked really good late in the season when he got his opportunities. Definitely a disruptive force off the edge.
                            What about Tavares Gooden??

Comment

I'm going to say AJ Hawk, Justin Harrell, and maybe Brady Poppinga, I think the 3-4 is going to help them all

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                                What about Tavares Gooden??
                                That would be my number 2 option after McClain, whoever gets plugged into that LB core as a starter will break out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information