Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos your teams breakout player for 2009?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
    I'm going to say AJ Hawk, Justin Harrell, and maybe Brady Poppinga, I think the 3-4 is going to help them all
    Poppinga won't even be a starter, Harrell has to stay on the field in order to breakout, and I expect pretty much the same AJ Hawk in the new scheme no better no worse.

Comment

Please, God, let it be Trent Edwards.
      McKelvin should be in a good spot to break out (or get picked on, whatever). Stevie Johnson got pushed down the depth chart, so there aren't many other options. Maybe a loooongshot in Derek Fine.

Comment

For New England, I would say Maroney but he won't get as many opportunities. I think Meriweather will go to the Pro Bowl or play at a Pro Bowl level.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
          For New England, I would say Maroney but he won't get as many opportunities. I think Meriweather will go to the Pro Bowl or play at a Pro Bowl level.
          100% agree and i was gunna say the same thing ROP

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Meriweather is a good one, but he kinda already broke out for me last year. Should be even better next year. I have pretty big expectations.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by GBahDunka View Post
              I totally agree about Miles Austin, I also look for Bennett to explode, he flashed greatness in the passing game at times.
              Bennett is my boy :)

Tough to peg him as a breakout guy with Witten still around, but I'm sure that he is going to be utilized alot more with TO gone and he's still got alot of potential left...I have big expectations for him in the future though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

The Bengals have quite a few...

Chinedum Ndukwe - SS - Likely the most underpaid player in the NFL. Everyone in Cincy loves "the duke", but I've got a feeling that more people will be impressed by him in 2009. He's a brutal hitter that seems to make 2-3 big game changing plays per game.

Anthony Collins - LT - If the Bengals pass on a LT in Round 1, it's because of how well Anthony Collins performed when given Levi Jones' starting spot towards the end of last season.

Also, Pat Sims. The guy was spectacular when he was finally given a chance. Watch out for him, especially if they draft B.J Raji.

Comment

After being a considered a bust after his first 3 seasons in the NFL because of all the dropped passes, Michael Jenkins finally shed that label and became a solid #2 option for Matt Ryan, especially at the end of the season. He had 50 receptions for 777 yards over the course of the season, but in the last 9 games, he had 520 yards (over a 16 game season, thats 920 yards). He and Matt Ryan really developed a chemistry together and I expect them to continue to take advantage of White's ability to draw double coverages. My predictions for next year are as follows: 68 catches for 980 yards and 7 TDs.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                    For the Lions, I'll put my money on Cliff Avril. Put up 5 Sacks and 4 Forced Fumbles in his rookie year.. 4 of those sacks came in the last 6 weeks of the year.
                    ^^ one of my favorite players from 2008's draft. I have no idea how he fell to the 3rd.

Comment

Tracy f'n Porter.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Tavares Gooden...Antwan Barnes...Prescott Burgess...McClain...the Ravens = loaded at LBer.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                          Tavares Gooden...Antwan Barnes...Prescott Burgess...McClain...the Ravens = loaded at LBer.
                          out of all of them i hope bergess emerges.

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"

Comment

Brent Celek TE- He was a man on fire in the playoffs and he was the 2nd most productive receiver in the playoffs after Fitz. I think he will enter the next season and continue to play at a high level. (19 catches 151 yards and 3 TDs in the playoffs -3 games-).

Quinten Demps FS- The obvious pick. He is replacing Dawkins so he better have a breakout year or Philly will eat him alive.

Victor Abiamiri DE- has a shot at winning the starting LE spot and he caught some fire at the end of the year and he looks like a good all around LE who complements Trent Cole nicely.

Chris Clemons DE- The man was playing at a pro-bowl level during the last 4 games of the season and the playoffs and I hope that he can carry the momentum into next season. Plus he will know the system better. He was amazing in the Dallas game (ala The Beat Down at Linc)

Comment

I also wouldn't be surprised to see Brandon London emerge in Miami's WR core...He's the big WR that they don't have and the dude has talent, if he gets more opportunities especially for some jump balls in the red zone he could make a name for himself...I think he cracks their starting lineup sooner then later though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I'm going to go with Josh Morgan and/or Tarrell Brown.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information