The "He's Not That Good" Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no love View Post
    Nate Clements. For a supposed top tier corner, he can get absolutely lit-up by smaller wrs
    Thing is, no one but 9ers fans ever really thought he was that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody56 View Post
      Alan Faneca

He is still good, but definately not worth what he got and could argue he was the 5th best lineman on the team last year
      Yeah but I he doesn't hurt the team at all which is good. Also, D'Brick had a career year and I think Faneca definitely impacted that. He didn't really get beat up with pass rushes, but he wasn't as dominant in the run game as he should be. I don't if i'd call him overrated. I really don't know who to pick here. Every on the Jets who is acknowledged as good is good haha
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        James Sanders. Nobody thinks he's amazing or anything, but he's a fringe starter.

Ellis Hobbs as well. Same deal, except he's actually a starter caliber guy...just not one you should have any kind of comfort level matching up with a teams number one receiver.
        i was going to say ellis hobbs as well.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
          LOL don't get me wrong I love DJ I do and still feel he can be an all pro but as of today I stand by what I said.
          It was the coaching! He wasn't used properly and our defensive line has been crap! DJ is one of the only players on our defense that is worth a damn.

You'll pay for this Splat! You'll paaaayyy for thiiiisss!

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Logan Mankins. Good guard, one of the top 10, but not one of the top 3 IMO. Maybe Brady will make him look like a beast next year though. Outside of him, maybe Ben Watson (if people think he's really good.)

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
              Logan Mankins. Good guard, one of the top 10, but not one of the top 3 IMO. Maybe Brady will make him look like a beast next year though. Outside of him, maybe Ben Watson (if people think he's really good.)
              Ben Watson is a guy a lot of people overrate. He hasn't taken the next step a lot of people have been waiting for him to take and he doesn't look to have the natural receiving skills to do so.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                yeah ben watson drops way too many balls.

"Even when winnings not probable, losings not optional"

Comment

Aaron Schobel hasn't been the same. Last Year he had 6 sacks. This year he had 1 sack in 6 games.

Comment

Braylon Edwards...

I like the guy and want him to do good, but my god he was down right horrible last year and fans around the league kept saying "receivers cant impact a team that much" when you play as bad as he did last year you can impact your offense immensely.

Edit: Oh yeah, Kamerion Wimbley hasn't done squat since his rookie year.

Comment

Keith Bulluck for sure. He probably peaked as a player right when the Titans sucked as a team, unfortunately. 2004-2005. Every year without fail he gets listed as a pro bowl snub, but he hasn't been at that level lately. A leader on D but he doesn't really have a particular strength on the field much anymore, and was never much against the run.

Comment

Flozell maybe. He's a slap on the head away from being a full-******.

I do remember a post that said Marcus Spears helps Ware a lot in the front 7. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                          Flozell maybe. He's a slap on the head away from being a full-******.

I do remember a post that said Marcus Spears helps Ware a lot in the front 7. :/
                          I want Dallas the move Flo to the other side of the line.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan
                            Keith Bulluck for sure. He probably peaked as a player right when the Titans sucked as a team, unfortunately. 2004-2005. Every year without fail he gets listed as a pro bowl snub, but he hasn't been at that level lately. A leader on D but he doesn't really have a particular strength on the field much anymore, and was never much against the run.
                            It appears that Bulluck has lost a step, but I disagree. The decline that Titans fans see started when out DEF went from 32nd in the NFL to a Top 10 unit. In my opinion, fans perceive the defensive talent around Bulluck rising to his level as Bulluck falling to their level.

The emergence of Haynesworth, Michael Griffin at FS, not Peter Sirmon at MIKE, the DL depth improving, excellent tackling CB's in Cortland Finnegan and Nick Harper, and not to mention David Thornton and Chris Hope settling in during their second year in the scheme. Bulluck is no longer the only one on DEF who can make the play. So, it looks like he's no longer the elite OLB he used to be, but that's wrong. This season, Bulluck led the defense in solo tackles and assisted tackles. Last season, he led the team in INT's.

Bulluck is a freak. He's 31 years old and is still one of the best 4-3 OLB's in the NFL. Before this season, he was the most consistently productive 4-3 LB as a SLB over the last 5 seasons, and I included WLB's and MLB's in my survey. The only one who was better than him in a statistic was Julian Peterson, who had more sacks per season. I haven't included this past season yet, but no doubt he's still up there.

My pick is Kerry Collins, because he had MVP talk midseason.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by GBahDunka View Post
                              I want Dallas the move Flo to the other side of the line.
                              And put who in his spot...and put Columbo where? As long as we draft a LT I'll be ok, but Flozell sucks and most people know now so I didn't think to mention him, but he was in the Pro Bowl as an alternate though *shrugs*

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                And put who in his spot...and put Columbo where? As long as we draft a LT I'll be ok, but Flozell sucks and most people know now so I didn't think to mention him, but he was in the Pro Bowl as an alternate though *shrugs*
                                Well Flo is def in one ear, and unfortunately its the wrong ear

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information