The "He's Not That Good" Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
    It appears that Bulluck has lost a step, but I disagree. The decline that Titans fans see started when out DEF went from 32nd in the NFL to a Top 10 unit. In my opinion, fans perceive the defensive talent around Bulluck rising to his level as Bulluck falling to their level.

The emergence of Haynesworth, Michael Griffin at FS, not Peter Sirmon at MIKE, the DL depth improving, excellent tackling CB's in Cortland Finnegan and Nick Harper, and not to mention David Thornton and Chris Hope settling in during their second year in the scheme. Bulluck is no longer the only one on DEF who can make the play. So, it looks like he's no longer the elite OLB he used to be, but that's wrong. This season, Bulluck led the defense in solo tackles and assisted tackles. Last season, he led the team in INT's.

Bulluck is a freak. He's 31 years old and is still one of the best 4-3 OLB's in the NFL. Before this season, he was the most consistently productive 4-3 LB as a SLB over the last 5 seasons, and I included WLB's and MLB's in my survey. The only one who was better than him in a statistic was Julian Peterson, who had more sacks per season. I haven't included this past season yet, but no doubt he's still up there.

My pick is Kerry Collins, because he had MVP talk midseason.
    I'm not really talking stats so much. I think he's a quality LB but on the field I just don't think he's as good as often made out. I'm not sure he's better than David Thornton. I think a lot of that is due to the fact a lot of "in the know" fans from other teams rightfully acknowledged him as underrated once upon a time and that status hasn't really updated much since. He's still viewed as really underrated but I don't think it's such a big travesty anymore.
    Last edited by OzTitan; 03-18-2009, 01:43 AM.

Comment

I would have said Bart Scott, but he is no longer a Raven...dude is Ed Hartwell 2.0 and benefitted ALOT from playing next to Ray...I have no doubt he is gunna flop in NY next year...guy just doesnt have the discipline nor athleticism to play the Ray Lewis role in that D...

However, on the Ravens, Im gunna say LeRon McClain...he is good in short yardage, and I like him as a change of pace and as a bruiser, but no way in hell should he be carrying the rock 20 times a game...big ball security issues and no long speed at all...the run at dallas doesnt count, because you could of run a dump truck through that hole
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Jaamal Brown for me. He is decent, good even but not the all world tackle that he seems to get credit for.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan
          I'm not really talking stats so much. I think he's a quality LB but on the field I just don't think he's as good as often made out. I'm not sure he's better than David Thornton. I think a lot of that is due to the fact a lot of "in the know" fans from other teams rightfully acknowledged him as underrated once upon a time and that status hasn't really updated much since. He's still viewed as really underrated but I don't think it's such a big travesty anymore.
          It's still a travesty. He's been the most consistent LB in the NFL since '02, and he's never missed a game in that stretch. He played through cracked ribs this season, and still played very well. I think he was hurt worst for the Chicago game, and he still raked in 9 solo stops. No way does Bulluck deserve to have his name in this thread, and while Thornton is a very good player in his own right, he's quicker and that's about it.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

John Henderson declined big time last year. If he doesn't improve this year he's gonna be a problem.

Reggie Nelson did not play well at all last year. Big disappointment.

Rashean Mathis is a very good player, probably the best player on our defense right now, but he's not Top 5 in the league or a consistent All-Pro player. He gets burned too much for that honor.
            Last edited by The Unseen; 03-18-2009, 08:02 AM.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              I would have said Bart Scott, but he is no longer a Raven...dude is Ed Hartwell 2.0 and benefitted ALOT from playing next to Ray...I have no doubt he is gunna flop in NY next year...guy just doesnt have the discipline nor athleticism to play the Ray Lewis role in that D...

However, on the Ravens, Im gunna say LeRon McClain...he is good in short yardage, and I like him as a change of pace and as a bruiser, but no way in hell should he be carrying the rock 20 times a game...big ball security issues and no long speed at all...the run at dallas doesnt count, because you could of run a dump truck through that hole
              I don't really think he's going to be asked to play that role. I'm fairly sure the Jets will be using him in the same way as the Ravens, as a WILL inside backer. I'm fairly sure David Harris will be the Ray Lewis role SAM inside backer. Unless that wasn't what you meant.

Originally posted by Jakey
              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Well this player is good, but not as good as people make him out to be..

Brandon Jacobs

Comment

Elvis Dummervil...he was good for one year, and totally got dominated last year. Hopeful that switching to 3-4 OLB helps.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that Ernie Sims is garbage. I don't think Calvin Johnson is as amazingly spectacular as some others do, but since he's still really ******* good I can't say him either.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                      I don't really think he's going to be asked to play that role. I'm fairly sure the Jets will be using him in the same way as the Ravens, as a WILL inside backer. I'm fairly sure David Harris will be the Ray Lewis role SAM inside backer. Unless that wasn't what you meant.
                      I wasnt referring to the specific position, more the leadership/dominant role that Ray plays in our defense...Scott isnt capable of demanding the same sort of attention that Ray garners wherever they line up on the field, and I think people will see Scott's play drop drastically when he is the focus of the defense, rather then playing second fiddle to Ray and basically being the leftover man on a defense that has Ray, Suggs, Pryce, Ngata and Reed demanding attention. If Scott becomes the focus of a defense, how ill he react? And he certainly isnt a leader...he has mega discipline issues, and needs to learn to shut his mouth, especially when dealing with the media.
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

JC17:

Comment

I actually think most people have a pretty decent read on Urlacher and Tommie Harris. Pretty good players that aren't elite (in one case not anymore, in the other not consistent enough)

I'll say Alex Brown, and this goes to some Bears fans as well. Being great in run defense is nice, but no starting defensive end should ever average 6 sacks a year, even with a rotation. There's a reason the staff wanted to replace him with Mark Anderson.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                            JC17:

Jason Campbell would be better under the "he's just not that average" category.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                              I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that Ernie Sims is garbage. I don't think Calvin Johnson is as amazingly spectacular as some others do, but since he's still really ******* good I can't say him either.
                              Well who needs you.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                Well who needs you.
                                No one! The answer is no one!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information