No announcement yet.

The "He's Not That Good" Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asante Samuel. I love the fact that he's a ballhawk, but he's very, very average in coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Asante Samuel. I love the fact that he's a ballhawk, but he's very, very average in coverage.
      Or a tick above on a good game where the matchup favors him. He's not above getting burned. Still a really good player, but yeah I agree with you.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I have to disagree with APS I think Bart Scott will do very well on the Jets and I thought he did well on our team and I am one who does not think Scott was overrated. I also think McClain getting the ball 20times a game is a good thing
        Originally posted by SunTzu_22
        Just let it go RWO.
        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
          I don't know, none of them are really good except for Nnamdi and Shane
          he speaks the truth.
          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Thomas Jones
            Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

I'd go with Ronnie Brown. He's good but he dances so much and his vision isn't very good.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                I wasnt referring to the specific position, more the leadership/dominant role that Ray plays in our defense...Scott isnt capable of demanding the same sort of attention that Ray garners wherever they line up on the field, and I think people will see Scott's play drop drastically when he is the focus of the defense, rather then playing second fiddle to Ray and basically being the leftover man on a defense that has Ray, Suggs, Pryce, Ngata and Reed demanding attention. If Scott becomes the focus of a defense, how ill he react? And he certainly isnt a leader...he has mega discipline issues, and needs to learn to shut his mouth, especially when dealing with the media.
                I didn't like the Scott signing when we first made it, but the more I think about it the more I think he completes our LB corps.

He's in his prime, he's versatile, and he's not being asked to be Ray Lewis he's being asked to be Bart Scott.

Scott + Harris is going to be big in NY. I think Scott's one of those players who can thrive in NYC too. He does seem to like the flashing lights...

If theres a player to call "not that good" on the Jets its Faneca. I hope Trevor Canfield is drafted so I know we have a beast replacement for him.

Comment

Falcons.

Harvey Dahl got a lot of recognition last season, and he was our worst offensive lineman.

Keith Brooking was horrible.

Michael Boley was nowhere to be seen. Still a beast when in the right scheme, though.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Charles Grant.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                      John Henderson declined big time last year. If he doesn't improve this year he's gonna be a problem.

Reggie Nelson did not play well at all last year. Big disappointment.

Rashean Mathis is a very good player, probably the best player on our defense right now, but he's not Top 5 in the league or a consistent All-Pro player. He gets burned too much for that honor.
                      What's been wrong with Nelson? I thought he could be as good as Landry when they came out but Landry's been beasting and Nelson just seems mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                        Keith Bulluck for sure. He probably peaked as a player right when the Titans sucked as a team, unfortunately. 2004-2005. Every year without fail he gets listed as a pro bowl snub, but he hasn't been at that level lately. A leader on D but he doesn't really have a particular strength on the field much anymore, and was never much against the run.
                        I've always wondered about that. In the Titans games I get to see, Bullock doesn't really seem to be that special on the field, but the last two years, a lot of Titans fans have sworn that Bullock is All-Pro caliber just like Haynesworth. Since I don't get to see too many Tennessee games, I stay relatively quiet.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Ken Hamlin I guess if I had to pick from the cowboys. I feel he is the only guy I really overrate.

Comment

For the Raiders, I don't think there is that player who is over rated (maybe Ronald Curry by select Raider fans until this year).

However, for "he's not that bad" I would say Tommy Kelly. A lot of people place him on the level of Javon Walker as a bust because of his contract. But he was actually one of our best defensive players last year. He wasn't a playmaker, but he controlled the line and did a good job of making a few plays as the season went on. A year removed from knee surgery I expect some sort of improvement in that category as well.

I don't think he'll ever be Sapp/T.Harris/Haynesworth, but he should not be lumped with Javon Walker or Deangelo Hall.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

I would say Bryant McKinnie. I would also say Darren Sharper when he was on the team. People underestimated just how bad he has become. I will also say Ryan Cook because I am sure people who play Madden and see his rating actually think he is decent.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                I wasnt referring to the specific position, more the leadership/dominant role that Ray plays in our defense...Scott isnt capable of demanding the same sort of attention that Ray garners wherever they line up on the field, and I think people will see Scott's play drop drastically when he is the focus of the defense, rather then playing second fiddle to Ray and basically being the leftover man on a defense that has Ray, Suggs, Pryce, Ngata and Reed demanding attention. If Scott becomes the focus of a defense, how ill he react? And he certainly isnt a leader...he has mega discipline issues, and needs to learn to shut his mouth, especially when dealing with the media.
                                You're making it sound like he's going to a defense where he will be the only good player and will be forced to be a leader. Remember this defense did really well last year with Eric Barton playing that role. Scott doesn't have to come in and put up ridiculous numbers for us to succeed, he just has to continue his strong play. The Jets have a lot of playmakers... Jenkins, Ellis, Harris, Pace, Revis, Rhodes, and Leonhard. And after that it's not like there are scrubs. Coleman, Thomas, and Sheppard are solid starters. I think Scott will have a great year, and I haven't seen him make any dumb comments to the media. He seems like a fairly intelligent guy.
                                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information