No announcement yet.

The "He's Not That Good" Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ Hawk and Al Harris (though I think we all know he's been slipping for the past couple year).

Comment

Thule is right about Ken Hamlin. He doesn't suck, but he's not as good as some people make him out to be.

Flozell is easy, but I think most people know that he's gotten old and false starts getting out of bed in the morning.
      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Redskins- Randy Thomas and even Chris Samuels to an extent. Many still think they are pro bowl level guys but Thomas in particular has lost many steps. Samuels is still high level but he's hurt a lot.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Adrian Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
            Adrian Peterson
            Gotta be joking
            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
            Just let it go RWO.
            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Adrian Peterson
              I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but a case could be made. Granted, he's probably the best runningback in the NFL right now, but it's not because he's an all-around great player, it's because he's ******* beastly in a few key areas. People tend to conflate the two sometimes.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic, but a case could be made. Granted, he's probably the best runningback in the NFL right now, but it's not because he's an all-around great player, it's because he's ******* beastly in a few key areas. People tend to conflate the two sometimes.
                Definitely, he tends to run like 10 2-3 yard runs and then break a 60 yarder. So, his stats look nice but it's not like he's dropping 4-5 yard runs each touch.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Had Favre stood around it'd be him but Faneca is the most logical pick. Sure as heck didnt play like the top paid guard in the game last season. Too inconsistent, had some very strong games and had some weak games. Seemed slow somewhat on pass protection and it usually came from his and D'Brick's side where Favre kept having to run and rush his throws or take the sack.

Hopefully he has a better year this time because if not....................

Comment

He can catch out of the backfield, he has power to run a defender over like Brandon Jacobs or run around him like Reggie Bush, he's a great goal line back and a great 3rd down back, great vision, acceleration, explosion.

I'm not getting how he's not an all-around great player, what areas would he have to improve in to be considered an all around great back?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Jon Jansen. You're getting old. Nothing more to say.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                      2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                      2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

I actually think most people have a pretty decent read on Urlacher and Tommie Harris. Pretty good players that aren't elite (in one case not anymore, in the other not consistent enough)

I'll say Alex Brown, and this goes to some Bears fans as well. Being great in run defense is nice, but no starting defensive end should ever average 6 sacks a year, even with a rotation. There's a reason the staff wanted to replace him with Mark Anderson.
                        That is a completely ridiculous statement. In 2008 only 16 DEs had more than 6 sacks. There are 64 starting DEs in the league. So really 75% of starting DEs didn't get more than 6 sacks. I'm not going to take the time to find out the averages, but I'm sure more than 50% of starting DEs average 6 sacks or less.

Comment

Adrian Peterson
                          I meant the Bears Adrian Peterson. :-)

yeah i was kidding.

Comment

Like the sig Zod.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                            2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              Asante Samuel. I love the fact that he's a ballhawk, but he's very, very average in coverage.
                              Correct. I think he's worth every penny because of how much he can change games, but even then he whiffs often on picks =/
                              Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular
                                I've always wondered about that. In the Titans games I get to see, Bullock doesn't really seem to be that special on the field, but the last two years, a lot of Titans fans have sworn that Bullock is All-Pro caliber just like Haynesworth. Since I don't get to see too many Tennessee games, I stay relatively quiet.
                                Ahem... Bulluck. ;)

The past two years, Bulluck and Thornton have been used in coverage. Our DL has been so good, that the DEF never had to blitz. The Front 4 could stop the run, and generate adequate pressure. To spice things up, a Safety or NB would blitz...maybe even the MIKE. So if our OLB's make a play, it's in coverage.

I don't think any Titans fans think Bulluck and Haynesworth are on the same plane, caliber-wise. Now, I've argued a while ago that over the past 5 seasons at the time, Bulluck had better statistical averages from the SLB spot than LB's like Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, and London Fletcher. But I don't even think Bulluck is a DPOY caliber player like AH is.

It's true - Bulluck is no longer the 140-tackle dynamo like he was from '02-'06. He's 31 years old now, has a much better supporting cast on the DL, and is often dropped into zone-coverage, all which kinda leads to him not being around the ball every play. But, he's still a very good 4-3 OLB, and I think he's seen as that. When people make their "Top 10" LB lists, Bulluck doesn't usually make those lists, and only will if they sub-categorize by scheme. So I believe he's no longer seen as a Pro Bowl caliber LB anymore, especially as his tackle numbers have been below 100 tot's the past two years.

Nevertheless, I always leave impressed when I research Bulluck. He's started 112 straight starts, and even though he's in his 30's, I think he can have a career length similar to Derrick Brooks.
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information