Underrated Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underrated Thread

Well, there is an overrated thread. So I decided to make an underrated thread.

To avoid this becoming a fullout homer thread, one for offense and one for defense sounds right. Or two players altogether.

For the Falcons I'll go with the not usually spoke of players...

CB Chris Houston
    Plays short routes better than just about any NFL cornerback. Ball skills have improved. Still can get beat when not facing the ball.

FS Erik Coleman
    95 tackles and three interceptions last season, probowl numbers. Name isn't heard often, and for a safety that is a good thing.

Honorable mention: ROG Justin Blalock, ROT Tyson Clabo
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Ahmad Bradshaw, people who don't watch the giants every week don't realize how explosive his first few steps are and how tough he is to bring down having a low center of gravity, good strength for his size and he never stops churning his legs. The Big Boss Man is another possible option, he's becoming a very strong blocker and you can see how much he looks up to Jason Witten with how hard he's worked on his route running and consistency catching the ball.

Defensively I'd go with Corey Webster since he played like a top 10 corner last season, although I think Bryan Kehl is generally more under-rated.
    Last edited by Mr. Hero; 03-18-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Eric Heitmann is grossly underrated as a center.

Ray McDonald was great at DE for us before he got hurt.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Brandon Mebane

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
        too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

lawrence vickers, brandon mcdonald, phil dawson.

Comment

Zach Miller
            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
            Coples is that dude.
            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

I don't know if any Jets are that underrated. I think Brick has been called overrated enough that he's underrated on the offensive side of the ball. Defensively basically everybody that deserves love gets it, but I'll go with Shaun Ellis. Maybe not your ideal 3-4 DE, but he puts up some solid numbers and really helps the pass rush. Those are both real stretches, though.

For some real underrated guys I love both Ndukwe and Peko on the Bengals. And Kevin Walter is underrated as hell, too.

Comment

offense: Jahri Evans (should have been to the pro bowl at least once by now)
                defense: Scott Fujita (not spectacular but makes no mistakes and is a great leader)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I was thinking Kevin Walter as soon as I saw this thread. Nice job Derza.

For the Jets I think you nailed it when you said D'Brick. He made the pro-bowl last year as an alternate, but every fan seems to bash him.

Ellis is another good pick. I think he's really shown how versatile he is. He can play the 4-3 or 3-4 at a high level and is great next to Jenkins.
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Bears:

Offense: Desmond Clark TE
                    Well everyone sucks on offense. I'd probably say Clark is properly rated but had to choose some one.

Defense: Israel Idonje DL
                    Most of the Bears defense is overrated, but it came between Briggs and Idonje and most people know about Briggs but few know about Idonje who fills in at every DL spot and does so well.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

OLB Manny Lawson - People see his sack totals and assume he is a bust of an outside linebacker but rushing the QB is not what he does. He is the best coverage linebacker in the league and most of the time he drops back into coverage

Joe Staley - True the stat sheet says he allowed 8.5 sacks last year but only 1 of those came after Shaun Hill took over at QB. Anyone who watched any 49er games in the second half of last season knows how great he was.

Comment

Quintin Mikell
                        Sheldon Brown
                        Brodrick Bunkley
                        Juqua Parker

Comment

Kelly Gregg
                          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                          Just let it go RWO.
                          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Offense-

Daryn Colledge

Defense-

Tramon Williams

Comment

Mark Bradley
                              Jarrad Page
                              Dustin Colquitt(yes I know listing a P is sad)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information