No announcement yet.

The New "Hines Ward" rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell the little ****** to suck it up. The NFL is phyisical. Hines Ward is a beast.

sig by fenikz
    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
    You are just a terrible person.
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
    I have an iPhone.

Comment

Give me a break guys. This doesn't eliminate backside blocks, and even under the new rules Ward wouldn't have been fined. You guys are acting like they are eliminating these things all together, instead of just trying to avoid the to the head crap that is completely unneccessary. A big, clean, backside block would still be legal, don't overreact....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Isn't it ironic that this is like the Carson Palmer rule, in that it was based off of his play yet there would have not been a penalty on that play under the new rule?

anyways

I think if it's enforced fairly, a rule limiting helmet-to-helmet is good. Of course, watch the refs make BS calls because of it. That's the problem.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
          Give me a break guys. This doesn't eliminate backside blocks, and even under the new rules Ward wouldn't have been fined. You guys are acting like they are eliminating these things all together, instead of just trying to avoid the to the head crap that is completely unneccessary. A big, clean, backside block would still be legal, don't overreact....
          isn't that clipping?

Or are your referring taking a shot at the guys ribs while turned sideways and knocking him out, cause i'm for that.

Comment

Helmet to helmet contact is already a penalty and a fine. How is this rule proposal any different?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
              Helmet to helmet contact is already a penalty and a fine. How is this rule proposal any different?
              usually no one cares about it on blocking plays, only hits. This is a blind side block not tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                Does anyone actually read the articles around here?
                Are you new here? Haha, seemingly no one does that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I don't get this. Yea safety is important but think about it, without those kinda blocks defensive TDs and Punt returns etc wouldn't happen. So your Devin Hesters, Reggie Bushs etc wouldn't have the same sort of chances to produce highlights which would generate less interest in fans which in turn would generate less revenue. There has to be a line drawn between when there is a good chance of someone being hurt and detracting from the game. Just because a fairly high profile rookie gets hurt should not be enough for a rule change.

By the way the block at 26 secs in this return was beautiful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8aRh2WUz18

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                    usually no one cares about it on blocking plays, only hits. This is a blind side block not tackle.
                    I understand that, but I didn't think the rule specified helmet to helmet tackle vs. helmet to helmet hit.

Blocking or tackling - helmet to helmet is a penalty. There is no need for a new rule. Simply make a point to say the current rule will be more strictly enforced on blocks.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                      I don't get this. Yea safety is important but think about it, without those kinda blocks defensive TDs and Punt returns etc wouldn't happen. So your Devin Hesters, Reggie Bushs etc wouldn't have the same sort of chances to produce highlights which would generate less interest in fans which in turn would generate less revenue. There has to be a line drawn between when there is a good chance of someone being hurt and detracting from the game. Just because a fairly high profile rookie gets hurt should not be enough for a rule change.

Look there would be MORE returns for TD, at least KR. Since they are thinking of adding a rule for less wedge buster guys.

Comment

The new "HinesWardJr" Rule would be what then?
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post

It was beautiful, and from my understanding, wouldn't be a penalty with this new rule. Correct me if i'm wrong, but people aren't really reading what the proposed rule is, as it doesn't remove those blocks all together......which people seem to be assuming it does....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                            Leading with the helmet or shoulder is not the issue here. Leading with the helmet has been banned for a while, on either side of the ball. It is where the block is targeted. I don't think offensive or defensive players should have to avoid hitting someone on the helmet with their shoulder.
                            Well, considering that unless the height difference is great, someone really has to try to knock someone in the head with their shoulder.

Comment

There's always fans who think they're tough when they disagree with rule changes that protect players from unnecessary injury. Everytime a rule like this is brought up they start in with "Grrr it's a contract sport! Injuries happen! I'm so tough sitting in my seat typing my disagreement to this rule! Who cares that I'm not the one out there taking the hits! I'm so tough!". The fact is when these rule changes get are put in to place it usually doesn't hurt the game. If it does, they can just change it back. A couple of years ago these tough fans were whining about the horse collar rule. Now that it's in place the only thing that's changed is players aren't getting their legs broken when some jackass defender decides to drag a player down by pulling back on the back of his jersey while falling onto the back of his legs. That rule didn't hurt the game at all that I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                                Maybe you read it wrong "blindside block to the head of a defender"

So like I said there's no need for that. No reason to go after someone's head.
                                **** my bad.

Originally posted by SNIPER26
                                LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
                                Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information