No announcement yet.

NFL Networks top 10 Linebackers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually don't mind the list. If I could substitute players on the list it would be:

Jack Ham over Lambert
    Ray Nitschke over Chuck Bednarik

Comment

I agree w/ the list. These things usually turn into a big homer fest. Also considering probably no one on here has lived through the times of all the players I think its fine.

Comment

derrick brooks should be higher

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          Ray Nitschke over Junior Seau
          damn straight, this guy doesn't get any credit what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
            Taylor
            Ray Lewis
            Singletary
            Uh, you do know the NFL existed pre-1980?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think Jack Ham deserves Mention... atleast over Derrick Brooks.

Ham was the Derrick Brooks of the 70's and was amazing. People remember Lambert for his gritty attitude and crazy play but fail to realize how amazing Ham was.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                I think Jack Ham deserves Mention... atleast over Derrick Brooks.

Ham was the Derrick Brooks of the 70's and was amazing. People remember Lambert for his gritty attitude and crazy play but fail to realize how amazing Ham was.
                they have him ranked 5th...

Comment

I'm too young to have seen most of those guys. When I was little Lawrence Taylor was at the end of his career. I knew he was a feared dude, but I didn't get to see it ya know. That being said I'd give my right arm to have seen Ray Lewis in his prime play with a star on his helmet. He was beyond a beast. Notice how he's never really been on a bad defense. It's because the guy is like a coach out there. You can't be on Ray Lewis' defense and play soft.

Derrick Brooks and Junior Seau were beastly too. I'm glad to be able to have seen them play first hand. I have a feeling I'll be saying the same thing about DeMarcus Ware, Urlacher, Patrick Willis, and Shawne Merriman if the injury doesn't hold him back.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Move Ray down a few slots and I would agree.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Butkus should be #1. I love Lawrence Taylor but Butkus was THE LB of the NFL imo.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Zach Thomas could be on there too. He actually has been playing as long as Lewis and has even more tackles, although his sack/INT numbers aren't as good.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                          OK. This is just absurd. Brooks at 10 and Lewis at 4? That gap has to be narrowed somehow. We've had 15-page arguments on this site over Brooks>Lewis or vice versa. You can go either way, but it's hard to justify saying one ranks well above the other. They're a package deal.

I'm also not a fan of Junior Seau. I don't think he should be on the list.
                          I'm not a fan of your face! :) Seriously though, I'm not convinced you actually saw him play in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Man View Post
                            I'm too young to have seen most of those guys. When I was little Lawrence Taylor was at the end of his career. I knew he was a feared dude, but I didn't get to see it ya know. That being said I'd give my right arm to have seen Ray Lewis in his prime play with a star on his helmet. He was beyond a beast. Notice how he's never really been on a bad defense. It's because the guy is like a coach out there. You can't be on Ray Lewis' defense and play soft.
                            Another way to show how important Ray is is that he had 2 seasons when he missed a lot of games 2002 and 2005 we sucked and had horrible records.
                            Last edited by Ravens1991; 03-20-2009, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                              they have him ranked 5th...
                              Ham isn't on the list, Lambert is though.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

i'd like to see urlacher crack that last before his career is over

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information