No announcement yet.

NFL Networks top 10 Linebackers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see Derrick Thomas on that list.

Comment

Chuck Bednarik behind Ray Lewis? **** NFLN.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

You guys don't want to know my list, I only have maybe 2 maybe 3 old timers on that list, as far as I'm concerned very few, I mean very few players from before the 80's could play intodays NFL, but thats another discussion for another day.

I respect what they did for the game they dominanted their era, but in todays NFL, if you took those exact same players exactly as they were very few if any would succeed today. Thats all I'm saying.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer
          You guys don't want to know my list, I only have maybe 2 maybe 3 old timers on that list, as far as I'm concerned very few, I mean very few players from before the 80's could play intodays NFL, but thats another discussion for another day.

I respect what they did for the game they dominanted their era, but in todays NFL, if you took those exact same players exactly as they were very few if any would succeed today. Thats all I'm saying.
          I disagree!!!

/incites discussion
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            Top three looks pretty solid. Top 2 I don't think can be argued with at all.....I'd consider moving Ray above Singletary though, but that could really go either way by me.
            ray has mike beat in every statistical category...he's bigger, faster and stronger....he has every bit the intangibles and then some too.

1a) ray lewis
            1b) l.t.

Comment

Originally posted by throwback54milkman View Post
              bart scott will be there someday
              he will go the way of ed hartwell, jamie sharper and ad. thomas...overrated from playing next to the great ray lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurve View Post
                I might be the only one here to say this but i really dont see a 3-4 outside rush linebacker to be a prototypical linebacker he is more of a DE. Dont get me wrong LT was one of the best ever to play football but i see someone like a Mike Singletary more of a true linebacker then LT.
                i would love to see someones argument that mike is better than ray...or even close.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                  Zach Thomas could be on there too. He actually has been playing as long as Lewis and has even more tackles, although his sack/INT numbers aren't as good.

no where close to the intangibles....not even close.

Comment

Keith Rivers was top in the NFL in tackles before he got hurt and he wasnt the best OLB in the game. Some people claim tackles are the most meaningless stat in football, I dont agree with that but I dont think you can say whoever is a better LB because of tackles. Because say there is one above average LB in the NFL but is getting 5 tackles but they are all stopping a 5-8 yard gain. Then a LB gets 2 tackles but they are tackles for a loss. Do you understand what I am trying to say
                    Last edited by Ravens1991; 03-20-2009, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Derrick Thomas should be higher...Nitchske should be on here, lewis should move down a few spots. And Jack Ham...that's about it.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post

I'd wager a guy like Dick Butkus would be dominant in just about any era. But beyond that, you have to consider that if these guys were playing today, they would have all the benefits that players enjoy now, like strength and conditioning programs, dietary supplements, etc. I don't think anyone's talking about just time warping someone in and saying "go dominate." Of course they'd struggle. Some of these guys barely lifted a weight during their careers. Are we going to give them leather helmets too?

Originally posted by Jakey
                        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                          I'd wager a guy like Dick Butkus would be dominant in just about any era. But beyond that, you have to consider that if these guys were playing today, they would have all the benefits that players enjoy now, like strength and conditioning programs, dietary supplements, etc. I don't think anyone's talking about just time warping someone in and saying "go dominate." Of course they'd struggle. Some of these guys barely lifted a weight during their careers. Are we going to give them leather helmets too?
                          i agree with this...basically the average player of today is better than the average player of yesterday BUT superstars transcend...butkus would be a BEAST 3-4 ilb.

Comment

Originally posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
                            i agree with this...basically the average player of today is better than the average player of yesterday BUT superstars transcend...butkus would be a BEAST 3-4 ilb.
                            Let's be honest here, it's not like Butkus was too small to play in todays game. The guy was like 6'3" 245 and could run. I'm not a Bears fan, but I love me some Butkus.

Originally posted by Jakey
                            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

10.Derrick Thomas
                              9.Chuck Bednarik
                              8.Jack Ham
                              7.Junior Seau
                              6.Ray Nitschke
                              5.Jack Lambert
                              4.Mike Singletary
                              3.Ray Lewis
                              2.Dick Butkus
                              1.Lawrence Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                                This. no matter how good a player is today, we're constantly progressing as a sport and thus you have to consider what past players lacked. Now, consider what they would gain by being in today's NFL.

A guy like Dick Butkus would have every advantage / disadvantage that today's NFL has.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information