C Samson Satele Traded to the Raiders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C Samson Satele Traded to the Raiders

Very good trade for the Raiders. He struggled last year in the power scheme, but he'll be a Pro Bowler now that he's back in a ZBS.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/theda...kland-raiders/
    Center Samson Satele’s days with the Miami Dolphins are over.

The team has traded Satele, a second-round pick in 2007 who started every game the past two seasons for Miami, to the Oakland Raiders, according to two NFL sources.

No terms of the deal were available. The team recently traded a seventh round pick to Jacksonville for defensive tackle Tony McDaniel, leaving the Dolphins with eight picks during the April 25-26 draft.

Sig by BoneKrusher

So the Raiders and Dolphins swapped Centers.

I think the Raiders got the better of the deal. Satele should be great in the Raiders system.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Wes Welker ultimately went to NE for a 6th and 7th rounder....

Oh boy.

Comment

Hmm i wonder what rounder the Raiders gave up.
        Peyton Manning Fanboy
        Originally posted by Complex
        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Whatever it was, they got a starting-caliber player on the cheap (likely) to replace a guy they lost in FA. Plus, they'll be able to get a compensatory pick next year for losing Grove.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Very nice pick up for Oakland, that's one step closer to fixing that horrible Offensive Line...
            | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Satale just wasn't strong enough for Sparano's system. He's not a bad player, but for a coach that wanted a power running game, he couldn't run up the middle cause that's not Sammy's strength.

Comment

A very good move by the Raiders indeed. At least until we hear what the compensation is ;)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Marino13 View Post
                  Satale just wasn't strong enough for Sparano's system. He's not a bad player, but for a coach that wanted a power running game, he couldn't run up the middle cause that's not Sammy's strength.
                  Yes, he should be a perfect fit in Cable's ZBS though. I love this pickup as it gives us more flexibility early in the draft. This should allow us to possibly target an OT or NT in the second round instead now, assuming we go receiver at #7.

Comment

I wonder what they gave up for him? I think its probably between a 3-5th round pick

Comment

Satele sucked last year but he had promise as a rookie. He also had to go against Vince Wilfork, Marcus Stroud, and Kris Jenkins six times last year. I would trade a late-round pick for him. Jake Grove's contract makes no sense to me, on the other hand. He gets hurt every year and pulled in top dollar for a center. Makes the Rams' signing of Brown look like a total steal.

Comment

Satele is a solid young player who fits Cable's scheme. I think since the Raiders lost Grove to the Dolphins they were probably going to target a center in the 2nd but with Satele on board we can go defensive line or draft one of the safeties, that's if we draft Crabtree or Maclin in the first of course.
                        Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
                          Wes Welker ultimately went to NE for a 6th and 7th rounder....

Oh boy.
                          That's not what happened.

Comment

Great pickup that Oline is starting to look pretty solid, gives them a lot of room for the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Comment

From what I've read, Oakland sent a 6th rounder and swapped picks in an undisclosed round with Miami.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information