Clear All

I don't mind the head oriented rules.

Owner of ScarDraft
    Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

He makes TO look like Todd Pinkston.

Comment

The NFL is turning into a pushover.

Let's let the players play, make plays and have fun. The players didn't have any problems in the olden days, quit changing crap to protect the bigger named players. It's a contact sport, injuries are apart of the game, that's why they make millions.

These rules are starting to really irritate me.
        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

I don't mind the rules about shots to the head, but at some point the NFL will have to decide if it wants to be a rough sport where big men tackle each other or not.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
            The NFL is turning into a pushover.

Let's let the players play, make plays and have fun. The players didn't have any problems in the olden days, quit changing crap to protect the bigger named players. It's a contact sport, injuries are apart of the game, that's why they make millions.

These rules are starting to really irritate me.
            Yeah, and now some of those players that "didn't have any problems" have serious health issues and are pissed at the NFL. Not many former players receive the attention they deserve and are pretty angry about it.

In the videos, Perreria says that some of the rules are based on what players have said and been polled on.

All this talk of "NFL is now for pussies!!!!" is really overblown. They will still hit, they will still make plays, it won't effect the game that much. There will be less kickoff returns for a while but oh well.

It isn't arguable that the NFL is at its best when its best players are playing. Which is what this is about.

Comment

What do they mean by defenseless WR? In the video the WR had the ball, if he doesn't have the ball would it not be a block? The Wr also saw the DB, getting ready to hit him, so he should have been ready.

Also we'll be seeing lots of WR hitting Lbs in the knees, and then a rule against that.

All these no head hits, will eventually lead to helmet or shoulder pad into knee and then there will be another rule.

Comment

For the KR, couldn't the bunch 2 players, and then have another 2 players behind them about 2 yards to the side and 1 yard back.

and technically they would be back 2.23 yards away.

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                  Yeah, and now some of those players that "didn't have any problems" have serious health issues and are pissed at the NFL. Not many former players receive the attention they deserve and are pretty angry about it.

In the videos, Perreria says that some of the rules are based on what players have said and been polled on.

All this talk of "NFL is now for pussies!!!!" is really overblown. They will still hit, they will still make plays, it won't effect the game that much. There will be less kickoff returns for a while but oh well.

It isn't arguable that the NFL is at its best when its best players are playing. Which is what this is about.
                  I can understand guys who played before the megamillions of the 80's-90's and 00's. But now, These guys are making so much money for entertainment if they're out of money by the time they're 50 it's their own fault.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

That doesn't mean they should be endangered whilst making that money. These rules don't limit the game, they limit injuries.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information