No announcement yet.

Michael Vick Out Of Prison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be rooting for him where ever he goes, and this is coming from a dog lover.

Comment

Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
      Animal rights groups are gonna be on stand by to protest any team that shows interest in him. It's going to be Circus lol
      Someone needs to slap all of those people, just have them stand in one big line awaiting their slap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
        Cant believe ESPN doesnt have anything up about this.
        It's because he's not really "out" yet. He's just being forced to make an appearance at his bankruptcy hearing.

Comment

He's not hasn't finished his jail time he's just out of his cell.

I found this interesting
          “Thank you for your inquiry regarding Michael Vick. Persons familiar with Michael Vick approached Habitat for Humanity Peninsula to ask whether he could work with our non-profit that provides low-income families with simple, decent and affordable housing. We evaluated the request but have determined that we will not have a suitable worksite available at the time of his release from prison. We have therefore advised Mr. Vick that although we appreciate his interest, we cannot provide him with this employment opportunity. Thank you again for your support of our mission to help low-income families with simple, decent and affordable housing. “
          Could've been an opportunity for Habitat for the homeless to make some large strides in public awareness.

Get an ex-con on the building team who's well known and attract media to it as a "piece of inhuman filth, starts road to redemption" and spin it to their advantage.

Comment

Can't wait for Vick to return. Haters will hate on Michael Vick, but then have not problems eating a hot dog or steak. Cows are treated worse in slaughter houses than what Vick's dogs were.

Comment

Originally posted by moseshallreturn View Post
              Can't wait for Vick to return. Haters will hate on Michael Vick, but then have not problems eating a hot dog or steak. Cows are treated worse in slaughter houses than what Vick's dogs were.
              Vick will be killed by Jared Allen if he comes to the NFC North. I would bet money on it.

Comment

I can't wait for him to come back I hated losing to him and I hate playing against in madden but he deserves another shot he was a good player
                One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by jj45 View Post
                  I can't wait for him to come back I hated losing to him and I hate playing against in madden but he deserves another shot he was a good player
                  He never threw for over 3,000 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Burger View Post
                    The falcons with him and warrick dunn regularly had the NFL's best running game.

Comment

Originally posted by moseshallreturn View Post
                      I'm not starting a Vick was innocent thread, but I've seen what happens to cows because I've worked on a kill floor, and no it's not that bad, they walk into a room and before anything happens to them a bolt turns their brain into mush and their dead.

Fight dogs are ripped limb from limb and when they lose they end up dead. They live a life of cruelty and agony so some athlete can feel like a big shot in his old neighborhood. He was guilty, he deserved to be found so, and he deserved to go to jail, that is irrefutable.

Originally posted by Burger View Post
                      His receivers also FLOURISHED once he left. He was inaccaurate, held the ball too long and was too reliant on his power.

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                      The falcons with him and warrick dunn regularly had the NFL's best running game.
                      Yeah, because Dunn was good for about 1300 and whomever their back up was, (TJ duckett for a number of years) was usually good for about 400-500 which left vick with about 500 yards to get which averaged about 32 yards a game.

Yeah the falcons were good when he was there as a rushing team, but when you've got 3 running backs and every passing play has the potential to go for 2-20 rushing yards it's not that unusual.
                      Last edited by BlindSite; 03-29-2009, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I hope he plays next year

Comment

I want to buy a new Vick jersey already.

Comment

I remember: Michael Vick.

Comment

I think it would be so funny if the Texans sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                                His receivers also FLOURISHED once he left. He was inaccaurate, held the ball too long and was too reliant on his power.

Yeah, because Dunn was good for about 1300 and whomever their back up was, (TJ duckett for a number of years) was usually good for about 400-500 which left vick with about 500 yards to get which averaged about 32 yards a game.

Yeah the falcons were good when he was there as a rushing team, but when you've got 3 running backs and every passing play has the potential to go for 2-20 rushing yards it's not that unusual.
                                I think that first statement is more coincidence than direct correlation. Roddy White was in his first two years in the league with the Vickster and dropped passes left and right, that's not vick's fault, but your argument would assume it was. Vick wasn't a great passer, but he was a great playmaker who was developing as a passer, his last year he almost looked in control of his offense, which is the first and most important step for a young QB.

Are trying to discredit that accomplishment? They were a consistent playoff contender with an elite running game with him, the smallest starting RB in the league, a mediocre oline and TJ Duckett, the goal line back who wasn't good at punching it in. Vick opened the field up for that offense and if he hadn't been an idiot and let his homeboys run this operation in his name there's a very good chance he would've continued to progress as a passer and become the next McNair or McNabb, only faster and with a bigger arm.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information