did espn ruin sports?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did espn ruin sports?

I was talking to my grandfather about football. About how the players today couldn't stand with the players from old days. How singeltary is a better backer than lewis. And how I make more playing semi pro then Sayers made back then. He said espn and nfl network ruined the players today. He said the first time they cut to a commerical during a game it was over for real football.
    My question do think guys like singletary, unitas, haynes, williamson, and jim brown can play with the guys of our time?
    One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

ESPN didnt ruin it, the people who kept on watching ESPN did

Comment

I think you're trying to combine two different questions into one.

Can the players from the past compete with the modern players?

Has the media, namely ESPN, ruined football?
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Hmmm.... Probably all the same things that MJD and Troy Polamalu (football is becoming a sissy game) are saying. The players still play the game the way it is supposed to be played. I would say that the NFL is ruining football not ESPN or NFL network. Being injured is a risk you take when you sign your name on the dotted line and it either happens or it doesn't, injuries are a part of the game and the NFL is making football closer and closer to a touch football league.

Comment

I think ESPN helped sports. Massively. Without ESPN, we wouldn't be at this site right now. ESPN reports what people are interested in. As Colin Cowherd has said, people complain about all the TO talk and what not, but guess what, that gets the highest ratings.

I think, like a lot of things, when it becomes "popular" people begin to hate on it because they can complain about it. ESPN has allowed us to watch our sports team every game, and have sports 24/7. I am all for that, no matter the content.

Now, moving on, I don't think ESPN has a link to newer players not being able to hold up with older players. Heck, they may have "bigger heads" but they have as much talent TBH.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

If they have an uncapped year, then it's over.

As for ESPN, they dont focus on stuff that happened before they started covering sports and thus, they are biased against what happened before. So, if you dont watch ESPN, you wont let their bias enter your thinking.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I don't think the some of the guys could match up. Ok due to evolution guys grow naturally taller and bigger. Tall in 1950 isn't the same as today. They had 6-2 OTs back then singletary is 5-9( I have met him he is a couple inches shorter than me) we have center we are considered short at 6-2 we have DEs at 6-7 backers that run 4.3s . I know they grew up in a different era and guys didn't really lift they just had a 9to 5 job in the offseason. But even then I still couldn't see a lot of them starting now. Look how much the game has changed how smarter the coaches and players are.
              One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

Comment

TV timeouts are ***. Sports doesn't need tv timeouts.

Comment

Agreed tv timeouts aren't for the fans also I hate during a bball game they show a some naked dude who is painted in the team's colors and I mis a basket

Comment

Any network executive that considers Steven A. Smith, Skip Bayless, Barry Melrose, John Kruk and Emmitt Smith as "expert analysts" needs an alternate career.

Comment

The thing about ESPN is that they report the mainstream, they always talk about Kobe or Lebron and etc. Its just what people want.

Comment

I like ESPN and without it I would have to search for everything on the internet. I think ESPN blows **** up way more than needed but they surely did not ruin sports
                        Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                        Just let it go RWO.
                        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Goodelle has ruined Football more then ESPN has.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                            Goodelle has ruined Football more then ESPN has.
                            yea, yea, noo no. yea nooo.

Comment

I don't get to watch espnews a lot but when I do it seems like it is usually about what espn should be if you get what I'm saying. It's kinda like the mtv comparison. MTV stopped playing videos so they made mtv2, espn started appealing more to the common fan so they created espnews. Only thing is MTV2 stopped playing videos eventually as well.
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information