did espn ruin sports?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jj45 View Post
    I don't think the some of the guys could match up. Ok due to evolution guys grow naturally taller and bigger. Tall in 1950 isn't the same as today. They had 6-2 OTs back then singletary is 5-9( I have met him he is a couple inches shorter than me) we have center we are considered short at 6-2 we have DEs at 6-7 backers that run 4.3s . I know they grew up in a different era and guys didn't really lift they just had a 9to 5 job in the offseason. But even then I still couldn't see a lot of them starting now. Look how much the game has changed how smarter the coaches and players are.
    Evolution doesn't happen over a period of 50 years. It is better nutrition, weight lifting, and supplements, not evolution.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I doubt coaches or players could come from a past era as they were then and thrive today. I think there's some players from the past who given today's programs could flourish in today's NFL, and a lot of coaches have that aptitude and attitude to be successful running what are now far more complicated schemes than they ever were before but taking a guy from then as was and putting them in now, they wouldn't stand a chance.

Comment

For what it's worth, I don't think many of today's players would succeed back then, either. Not without growing up playing football under those circumstances.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          For what it's worth, I don't think many of today's players would succeed back then, either. Not without growing up playing football under those circumstances.
          You don't think a players like Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Mario Williams, etc. would excel throughout history? What couldn't they do back then that they do now?

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
            Michael Strahan, who kicked ass while playing amongst guys like LT and also Osi, begs to differ.

boo generalizations and totally vague blanket statements
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information