Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did sports ruin ESPN?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I am thoroughly confused. What is going on?


    Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

    Comment


    • #17
      I think Brodeur Is the only one who gets it.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
        I think Brodeur Is the only one who gets it.
        Don't worry, I'm sure there's a solid group who enjoyed your satire.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
          Don't worry, I'm sure there's a solid group who enjoyed your satire.
          Ignore this guy Steelers, he's just upset that he lives in the completely worthless Upper Peninsula.


          RIP TheManInBlack

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            Ignore this guy Steelers, he's just upset that he lives in the completely worthless Upper Peninsula.
            This one is just upset that the Pistons might not make the playoffs this year.

            Comment


            • #21
              ESPN is turning into MTV.

              Soon, there will be no sports on ESPN, just reality shows.
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

              Comment


              • #22
                I wish espn still had sport programs like when they had playmakers I think that was the perfect show
                Why did cancel that again didn't the NFL complain
                One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by jj45 View Post
                  I wish espn still had sport programs like when they had playmakers I think that was the perfect show
                  Why did cancel that again didn't the NFL complain
                  Playmakers would've been excellent if it had been on showtime or HBO or something. It didn't have a chance of lasting on ESPN.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                    ESPN was on its way to being a quality channel until Sports came along...
                    damn that thing they call sports.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Stupid disney, I think I heard the nfl was upset about the content. I think sense they kinda looked like the panthers and they guys doing drugs , guys doing guys, players being treated like crap by management. Basically what happens in the pros( I don't think gayness but hey its a free country I have n.p just want to make that clear) the nfl hard time having that show on tv
                      One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by jj45 View Post
                        Stupid disney, I think I heard the nfl was upset about the content. I think sense they kinda looked like the panthers and they guys doing drugs , guys doing guys, players being treated like crap by management. Basically what happens in the pros( I don't think gayness but hey its a free country I have n.p just want to make that clear) the nfl hard time having that show on tv
                        Even if the NFL was fine with it, that kind of show simply can't exist fully on basic cable. Too many restrictions on content.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          True but that was my favorite show and they killed it and I haven't seen omar gooding act sense. And I heard players liked it. I also remember espn showed sports movies like junction boys and hoosiers now u have to watch classics they have so much run time when nothing big is going on u can spend a commerical break showing updates. Its is like mtv I hate seeing 4 channels showing the same thing and watching sport center back to back to back .
                          One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Haha, really enjoying all the people taking the original topic seriously.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              ESPNs overplaying the drama stories and wanting to be first on reporting rumors(mainly on Sportscenter) is whats ruining ESPN's credibiltiy for the NFL at least. Other spots they stick to the highlights for the most part except baseball sometimes they'll get into the drama. We all see the TO headline clip or the Favre clip and are like not this **** again.

                              Might have to do with the NFL Network which striclty sticks to breaking down the game and better analysis for the most part. Plus as was mentioned, they appear to be lacking in the "expert" category compared to the NFL network. Sure some guys have to be tv people Chirs Berman(whoop), but guys like John Clatyon just ruin ****. Its clear that guy is just a giant nerd that nobody likes. The more tv people the worse you are when it comes to sports reporting it seems. I don't know why I prefer Schefter and Glazer for Fox over the non NFL people at ESPN but I just do for some reason. Maybe because they are more accurate. I'd prefer more people that played the game but thats just me. Although NFL countdown is still decent at times but MNF is a joke.

                              Its not sports fault. Its the shift in media and some peoples tastes when it comes to "news".

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I don't know if you guys are familiar with the internet but satire is fairly prominent.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information