No announcement yet.

Best WR tandem in the AFC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre Johnson and some hobo off the street.

yea, Andre's that good
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

D-Mason/Clayton
      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
      Just let it go RWO.
      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        Crabtree and Edwards ;)
        I was going to say that.

Comment

Easily Randy Moss.
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I like Chambers and Jackson a lot but they don't belong up there with Moss/Welker or Andre/anybody in the AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
              He has inflated stats due to the offense he plays in, and although he is often compared to Terrell Owens he isn't near the deep threat Owens was or even is today.

Also, for a big receiver with his number of receptions, he has very low touchdown totals.
              Inflated stats due to the offense he plays in? What about Moss and Welker then? Don't they have inflated stats, especially Welker, due to the offenses they are in?
              And Marshall has only been in the league 3 years and made the Pro Bowl. Owens was just getting into his own at the same time.

Comment

He has inflated stats due to the offense he plays in, and although he is often compared to Terrell Owens he isn't near the deep threat Owens was or even is today.

Also, for a big receiver with his number of receptions, he has very low touchdown totals.
                The system he plays in is called "Throw to Marshall, he's open."

Comment

I think anyone not saying Moss/Welker is suffering some anti-Pats bias.

I think they even give Fitz/Boldin a run for their money (assuming that it's assumed that they're just the best in the NFC...)

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
                    Inflated stats due to the offense he plays in? What about Moss and Welker then? Don't they have inflated stats, especially Welker, due to the offenses they are in?
                    And Marshall has only been in the league 3 years and made the Pro Bowl. Owens was just getting into his own at the same time.
                    Welker definitely has inflated stats.

But at least he (Welker) produced on a team with a good run game.

The Broncos form of a run game was the short passing game.

As for Owens, he had 26 receiving touchdowns in his first three seasons in the league. Marshall has 15. On 64 more receptions. Owens averaged over 15 yards per catch his first three seasons, Marshall not even 13.

To this point, Marshall hasn't shown much at all. He catches a lot of ball, but hasn't made a ton of big plays or caught a lot of touchdowns. He's more Keyshawn Johnson than Terrell Owens.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Definitely can't go wrong with Moss/Welker or Royal/Marshall

And on paper Owens/Evans is pretty much as good as it gets...

But there's no Trent Edwards on paper...
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Then how do you explain Andre Johnson's TD totals? It's not like Brandon Marshall has played 6 seasons so you have a large sample to go from.

AJ through 3 seasons: 12 TD's
                        Marshall through 3 seasons: 15 TD's

Nevermind that AJ followed that up with 5, 8, and 8.

And sorry but if you want to use the inflated stats argument for the offense then use it against Welker, Marshall is the #1 WR and gets doubled like crazy, his stats aren't inflated because of the offense they are inflated because he's good.

You said yourself he's not really a deep threat, yet he still managed to get 1300 yards twice on all underneath routes? That's even more impressive, and his YPC is more impressive then you might think.

He posted a YPC over 15 as a rookie, Fitzgerald has yet to go over 15, and last year Marshall was averaging 13 which is about Fitz's career average, Marshall wasn't far off that total this year.

He's hardly over-rated, maybe he's not TO, but he's still a dominant WR that is dripping with talent.

edit: I see someone already mentioned Welker so you can disregard that.
                        Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 03-31-2009, 01:05 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter.

Comment

It's Moss/Welker.

A better question is who has the worst tandem in the NFL?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                              A better question is who has the worst tandem in the NFL?
                              I think part of the problem with determining that is the lack of consistency of "tandems" because teams want to get their bad players off the field.

That said, Ron Curry, JLH, Schilens, Javon of the Raiders was about as bad as it gets last year. Potential? Yeah, there are tools to work with in regards to JLH and Schilens, but can the Raiders really count on rolling snake-eyes?

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                                The system he plays in is called "Throw to Marshall, he's open."
                                No, that's the system Jay wants to play in. Much easier than making reads, going through your progression, etc.

McD, of course, has other plans.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information