• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Dennis Northcutt/Mike Walker.
    Thats a pretty lethal combo

Comment

The whole Welker has inflated stats he is a product of the system stuff is getting so old who cares if he is a product of the system he has had back to back years that have been just insane.

Comment

Moss/Welker hands down

Marshall and Royal have potential as does Wayne and Gonzo

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
        Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by jkb528 View Post
          Who is it?

Wayne/Gonzalez?
          Chambers/Jackson?
          Owens/Evans?
          Moss/Welker?
          Right now it is Moss/Welker, but it soon will be Wayne/Gonzo since Gonzo is just about to get into his prime and is a better athlete and a quicker WR than Welker is.
          INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
            The whole Welker has inflated stats he is a product of the system stuff is getting so old who cares if he is a product of the system he has had back to back years that have been just insane.
            The point is there are plenty of 2nd receivers in the NFL I'd want on my team over Welker, because I don't think he could produce as well as others in any other situation.

Comment

Moss/Welker easily.

Its the perfect mix. Moss stretches the living crap out of a defense vertically, and leaves the entire middle of the field open for underneath routes.

Welker is probably the best WR in the league in space (behind Fitz), and he stretches a defense horizontally as good as any WR in the league. He's tough, shifty, and impossible to cover underneath with all that space left open by Moss. He's probably the shiftiest WR in the league, and a prototype slot WR. Theres better WRs in this league than Welker, but none of them are better in the slot than him. He's the perfect slot WR.

We all already know how I feel about Moss. Most impactful WR ive ever seen.

They are the perfect duo.

Comment

justin gage and nate washington /thread

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter.
                  People hate on Kevin Walter too much. Too bad they have the injury-prone Matt Schaub throwing to them.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Then how do you explain Andre Johnson's TD totals? It's not like Brandon Marshall has played 6 seasons so you have a large sample to go from.

AJ through 3 seasons: 12 TD's
                    Marshall through 3 seasons: 15 TD's

Nevermind that AJ followed that up with 5, 8, and 8.

And sorry but if you want to use the inflated stats argument for the offense then use it against Welker, Marshall is the #1 WR and gets doubled like crazy, his stats aren't inflated because of the offense they are inflated because he's good.

You said yourself he's not really a deep threat, yet he still managed to get 1300 yards twice on all underneath routes? That's even more impressive, and his YPC is more impressive then you might think.

He posted a YPC over 15 as a rookie, Fitzgerald has yet to go over 15, and last year Marshall was averaging 13 which is about Fitz's career average, Marshall wasn't far off that total this year.

He's hardly over-rated, maybe he's not TO, but he's still a dominant WR that is dripping with talent.

edit: I see someone already mentioned Welker so you can disregard that.
                    Andre Johnson had David Carr throwing him the ball. Name one other guy than Andre Johnson that was any good on the Texans.

worst tandem:

Devin Hester and ******* Rashied Davis!
                    Last edited by Gay Ork Wang; 03-31-2009, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Moss/Welker
                      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                      Coples is that dude.
                      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        Andre Johnson had David Carr throwing him the ball.

Boldin had 1400 yards and 8 TD's with Josh McCown, Calvin Johnson had 1300 yards and 12 TD's with crap at QB. Elite WR's still produce and that's what everyone assumes AJ is even though his TD totals are pedestrian.

In comparison Roy Williams through 3 seasons: 23 TD's

Almost doubling Andre's totals, but everyone acts like Roy sucks around here.

Name one other guy than Andre Johnson that was any good on the Texans.

Name one other good player on the Lions last year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Ward and Holmes baby! Two super bowl MVPs! :)

For real though, I think it's Moss/ Welker.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
                          Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

The homer in me says this is dumb question, as the only answer is Moss/Welker.

Then I tell the homer to shut dfu and I give it some thought.

Moss and Welker.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              Andre Johnson and Kevin Walter.
                              I like this one.

It's obviously got to be Moss/Welker but these two don't get as much love as they should, particularly Walter. Very underrated.

Can't believe nobody's said Cotchery/(Brad Smith?/Chansi Stuckey?/David Clowney?) though.

Comment

With all these arguements between Welker/Moss vs. Royal and Marshall, are we forgeting about Reggie Wayne and Anthony Gonzalez? With Manning at QB they get it done year in and year out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information