Best WR tandem in the AFC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    Boldin had 1400 yards and 8 TD's with Josh McCown, Calvin Johnson had 1300 yards and 12 TD's with crap at QB. Elite WR's still produce and that's what everyone assumes AJ is even though his TD totals are pedestrian.

In comparison Roy Williams through 3 seasons: 23 TD's

Almost doubling Andre's totals, but everyone acts like Roy sucks around here.

Name one other good player on the Lions last year.
    Kevin Smith for instance

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      Kevin Smith for instance
      Domanic Davis was way better in 2004 then Kevin Smith last year...1800 yards and 14 TD's isn't a good player?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Domanic Davis was way better in 2004 then Kevin Smith last year...1800 yards and 14 TD's isn't a good player?
        okay, who would u rather have on ur team: the Texans OL and David Carr or Dan Orlovsky and the Lions Line

Comment

The best TE tandem is?

Comment

Antonio Gates and Brandon Manumaleuna!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
              The best TE tandem is?
              Greg Olsen and Desmond Clark!

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                justin gage and nate washington /thread
                That joke was 3/10 funny the first time. The next 40 times it's just ******* ***.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                  okay, who would u rather have on ur team: the Texans OL and David Carr or Dan Orlovsky and the Lions Line
                  Start from scratch...

Comment

Dennis Northcutt and Mike Walker, baby!

You WISH your wide-outs were that good!

Our pass-catchers bring all the boys to the yard. That's right, they're better then yours. That's right, there better then yours--- they can teach you, but we'll have to charge.

Comment

Boldin had 1400 yards and 8 TD's with Josh McCown, Calvin Johnson had 1300 yards and 12 TD's with crap at QB. Elite WR's still produce and that's what everyone assumes AJ is even though his TD totals are pedestrian.

In comparison Roy Williams through 3 seasons: 23 TD's

Almost doubling Andre's totals, but everyone acts like Roy sucks around here.

Name one other good player on the Lions last year.
                      Good post, I really feel Andre Johnson gets a bigger pass than anyone, like it's a foregone conclusion that he is a top 2(or even the best) receiver, when he hasn't produced at the level of some other guys he's ranked above.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Johnsons last 1.5 seasons is greater than most peoples last 2 seasons. Thats with Rosencopter and DLaub as his QBs.
                        2007 Hou 9 9 60 851 8tds
                        2008 Hou 16 16 115 1,575 8 tds

BEASTLY!
                        Last edited by bored of education; 03-31-2009, 06:23 PM.
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                          The best TE tandem is?
                          Dustin Keller and...whoever...we end up adding to the roster...to be the second tight end?

Comment

Then how do you explain Andre Johnson's TD totals? It's not like Brandon Marshall has played 6 seasons so you have a large sample to go from.

That was an issue for Andre as well. But Andre, unlike Marshall, has/ had a high yard per catch average.

AJ through 3 seasons: 12 TD's
                            Marshall through 3 seasons: 15 TD's

Nevermind that AJ followed that up with 5, 8, and 8.

See above.

And sorry but if you want to use the inflated stats argument for the offense then use it against Welker, Marshall is the #1 WR and gets doubled like crazy, his stats aren't inflated because of the offense they are inflated because he's good.

I said that

You said yourself he's not really a deep threat, yet he still managed to get 1300 yards twice on all underneath routes? That's even more impressive, and his YPC is more impressive then you might think.

He posted a YPC over 15 as a rookie, Fitzgerald has yet to go over 15, and last year Marshall was averaging 13 which is about Fitz's career average, Marshall wasn't far off that total this year.

Marshall did 15 on a low amount of sample catches.

As far as Fitz, he gets touchdowns. I can live with a receiver who makes big plays (Andre) or catches a lot of touchdowns (Larry). But not one who does neither.

Also, Fitz averages 14 ypc which is plenty good.

He's hardly over-rated, maybe he's not TO, but he's still a dominant WR that is dripping with talent.

edit: I see someone already mentioned Welker so you can disregard that.
                            Comments in bold.
                            Last edited by BamaFalcon59; 03-31-2009, 06:37 PM.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

James Hardy (the original 81) and Roscoe Parrish

Comment

I don't get the big deal for Marshall's ypc. 2 yards, is that really that big of a deal? No, it isn't. Geez, its like you are just trying to come up with stuff to derail Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information