Cutler or Vick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
    If you research the story, you'll find out that at various points friends and teammates told Mike he needed to let the whole dogfighting thing ride and focus more on football, but he refused to heed their advise.
    And I'm sure there were just as many friends saying the exact opposite.

This is a guy who was literally making hundreds of millions of dollars and is now bankrupt. What does that tell you about his personal decision-making ability and the people around him?

Comment

Originally posted by parrish_lemar24DBSkins View Post
      Someone447, everyone in the 'hood doesn't sling rocks on a corner, carjack, have illegitimate kids, drop out of HS, join gangs, do home invasions, shoot cops, etc. or fight dogs.

Granted, Mike grew up in an environment worlds different from most people, but to get as far as he did in life, he most of all new the importance of making the right decisions.

Getting that deep into dogfighting when you're the #1 pick in the NFL draft and making tens of millions of dollars is a bad choice, and on some level he most have known that.

If you research the story, you'll find out that at various points friends and teammates told Mike he needed to let the whole dogfighting thing ride and focus more on football, but he refused to heed their advise.

The only pass I give Vick on the entire situation is that he probably didn't know dogfighting at the time had been re-classified as a federal offense, I didn't know that either.

Just ignorance and dumb luck, but Vick has served his time, fighting dogs isn't the same as killing folks, Mike is 29 years old and I'm hoping the NFL commissioner will give him the opportunity to resume his NFL career.
      No they don't... But, unfortunately, that is the culture surrounding the inner city. Not everyone follows the culture, I'm not an idiot. You still are not addressing my points. He did not get into this by himself. Friends brought him into it.

I have never once argued that Vick didn't make a stupid choice, that is just a strawman. What he did was incredibly stupid.

Yes, I'm sure his buddies who were in it with him wanted no part of it. I'm sure they were forced to do it. They didn't do it because they enjoyed it. Vick put a gun to their head... Of course some of his friends will tell him to quit being an idiot. But some of his friends were telling him how badass his operation was. You don't do something like that completely on your own.

You aren't even arguing any of my points, nothing you have said has refuted a single thing I've wrote. You have just been setting up straw mans only to knock them down. The problem with that is, I NEVER SAID ANY OF IT!
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Okay, someone447, you're right, I haven't addressed your initial point.

No, Vick didn't drag his cohorts into dogfighting, a misstatement on my part. I'm sure they all had a mutual interest in the sport as young teenagers.

But Vick is the one who had the most to lose by not giving it up when he was drafted by the Falcons, and now it's his career that's on the brink.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information