Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
    Cleveland would be stupid to trade him.

A weak passing attack loses Winslow, Stallworth, and Edwards in one offseason? Good luck with that.
    Don't forget Joe Jurevicius.

I think if Braylon settles down he'll be a great player. I'm 99% sure if he's traded to New York he will do amazing. He just needs a spark to get him to start playing well again. Hopefully Mangini and/or Crabtree can be that.

Comment

If the giants moved the pick up from 45 to our 29th, alongside a fifth and mario/hixon. Anyone think cleveland would bite. I think that's on par with 45, fifth rounder and smith value wise, which cleveland was reportedly willing to take.

Comment

Doubt it. With the dropsies he had all season the Browns would be stupid to trade him with his stock low. He's as good as he was in 2007 and should get back to that form.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Hey Jerry

BRING HIM TO NY!
          Last edited by OSUGiants17; 04-04-2009, 07:45 AM.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
            If the giants moved the pick up from 45 to our 29th, alongside a fifth and mario/hixon. Anyone think cleveland would bite. I think that's on par with 45, fifth rounder and smith value wise, which cleveland was reportedly willing to take.
            Makes sense but those 16 picks are a big deal to Reese. It's probably the difference between Beatty and a bench LT.

I still think Kiwi is the best way to go.

Kiwi/Manningham (lol)/5th for Braylon.

Reese can go out and find another pass rusher with one of his millions of unnecessary picks (the team has virtually no holes after WR).
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

first off Braylon has one year, giving up a 2nd and 5th without an extension is dumb.

Right now id only give up a third if it didnt include resigning. And the Browns wouldnt have him sign long with them bc then theyd have to give him signing bonus, so basically a 2nd and 5th is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                Makes sense but those 16 picks are a big deal to Reese. It's probably the difference between Beatty and a bench LT.

I still think Kiwi is the best way to go.

Kiwi/Manningham (lol)/5th for Braylon.

Reese can go out and find another pass rusher with one of his millions of unnecessary picks (the team has virtually no holes after WR).
                I hope you mean Kiwi, Manningham and a 5th for Braylon, not Kiwi OR Manningham and a 5th.

Funny thing, in an interview with one of the Giants LB's (can't remember who, wasn't Pierce or anyone like that), he said Manningham was one of the best WR's he's ever seen. Even as a Michigan fan who's usually a homer for most Michigan players, I was like "Really?"

Originally posted by Jakey
                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                  first off Braylon has one year, giving up a 2nd and 5th without an extension is dumb.

Right now id only give up a third if it didnt include resigning. And the Browns wouldnt have him sign long with them bc then theyd have to give him signing bonus, so basically a 2nd and 5th is pretty good.
                  I'm sure the Giants would get permission from the Browns to talk to Edwards about an extension before they made any trade or even an offer for him.

Comment

If the Giants want Braylon Edwards, the framework is going to start with the Roy Williams trade.

Edwards is better than Williams. I can't fathom the Browns seriously taking a 2nd, a 5th, and another garbage receiver which the Browns have in ample supply.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                      If the Giants want Braylon Edwards, the framework is going to start with the Roy Williams trade.

Edwards is better than Williams. I can't fathom the Browns seriously taking a 2nd, a 5th, and another garbage receiver which the Browns have in ample supply.
                      Good point. I'd actually tend to think that way myself.

Comment

None of those WRs are garbage. Manningham is the closest to garbage on the list but Hixon is a nice player and Steve Smith is a bona-fide #2 wideout. Draft Crab at 5 and you're set + you'd have 3 2nd rounders (premium picks) to help out the defense.

As for Edwards being better than Roy Williams? That's debatable, especially considering what Edwards did last season.

And the RW trade was a trade in which Dallas had no leverage. JJ was set on getting another WR because he thought his team was a player away from a great SB chance. He was clearly wrong, but at the team his heart was set on making the move, whereas the Lions didn't care either way. They basically said "we don't mind holding on to RW, so the only way you're going to get him is if you blow us away." Which is exactly what JJ did. That trade was a clear instance of a team knowingly overpaying for a player with the feeling that the elusive SB ring was as close as the player could reach.

It's clear that Braylon does not want to stay in Cleveland so why not get something for him before he becomes a free agent? You could argue that they'll showcase him this season, franchise him, then get a nice package in return NEXT offseason, but that's a funny way to build a winning organization.

If I were the Browns I'd still be talking, trying to get Kiwi/S. Smith but if the Giants really won't budge I'd probably take the Hixon package, draft Crabtree at #5 and spend my three 2nds on defense and maybe a RB.
                        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

As for Edwards being better than Roy Williams? That's debatable, especially considering what Edwards did last season.

Yea cuz ROy Williams lit it up last year right

Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                          Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

Amazing sig by jkpigskin

Originally posted by Paul
                          I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                          LOL props to Paul

Comment

except the Giants aren't desperate under achievers who feel they HAVE to make a move and bring back a hometown guy...

the Giants have a bunch of options out there, so they won't overpay for Braylon.

plus, Braylon's been in the news, not a cancer by any means, but more public than you'd like (hence this statement...)

he's in his contract year IIRC, AND Cleveland's in full rebuild. teams around the league know that and no team will overpay a guy who'll hit the market in a year
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

None of those WRs are garbage. Manningham is the closest to garbage on the list but Hixon is a nice player and Steve Smith is a bona-fide #2 wideout. Draft Crab at 5 and you're set + you'd have 3 2nd rounders (premium picks) to help out the defense.

And the RW trade was a trade in which Dallas had no leverage. JJ was set on getting another WR because he thought his team was a player away from a great SB chance. He was clearly wrong, but at the team his heart was set on making the move, whereas the Lions didn't care either way. They basically said "we don't mind holding on to RW, so the only way you're going to get him is if you blow us away." Which is exactly what JJ did. That trade was a clear instance of a team knowingly overpaying for a player with the feeling that the elusive SB ring was as close as the player could reach.

It's clear that Braylon does not want to stay in Cleveland so why not get something for him before he becomes a free agent? You could argue that they'll showcase him this season, franchise him, then get a nice package in return NEXT offseason, but that's a funny way to build a winning organization.

If I were the Browns I'd still be talking, trying to get Kiwi/S. Smith but if the Giants really won't budge I'd probably take the Hixon package, draft Crabtree at #5 and spend my three 2nds on defense and maybe a RB.
                              Williams didn't want to be in Detroit either, and the Browns could easily hold on to Edwards without much trouble. The contract situation etc. is basically the same in both instances.

The situation is really quite similiar. The framework of the Williams trade really has to be a starting point. Whether you work up or down from there is debateable, but it's still likely going to be the starting point in any negotiations from the Browns perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by CroomDawgs View Post
                                Yea cuz ROy Williams lit it up last year right
                                You've got two guys. One dropped a bunch of passes and didn't produce much. The other didn't produce much.

They basically both were pretty bad last year. How does that prove that either of them is better than the other?
                                "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information