Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kellen Winslow "Braylon Edwards wants to be a Giant"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    except the Giants aren't desperate under achievers who feel they HAVE to make a move and bring back a hometown guy...

    the Giants have a bunch of options out there, so they won't overpay for Braylon.

    plus, Roy's been in the news, not a cancer by any means, but more public than you'd like (hence this statement...)

    he's in his contract year IIRC, AND Detroit's in full rebuild. teams around the league know that and no team will overpay a guy who'll hit the market in a year
    You could honestly swap the names Roy Williams and Detroit in there( as I did above lol) and have the exact same situation Scotty.



    Originally posted by Jakey
    WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

    i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by gpngc View Post
      You've got two guys. One dropped a bunch of passes and didn't produce much. The other didn't produce much.

      They basically both were pretty bad last year. How does that prove that either of them is better than the other?
      Roy dropped a bunch of balls in Detroit over his career there as well. Basically he didn't drop a bunch in Dallas because he hardly saw the ball.



      Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

      i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by gpngc View Post
        None of those WRs are garbage. Manningham is the closest to garbage on the list but Hixon is a nice player and Steve Smith is a bona-fide #2 wideout. Draft Crab at 5 and you're set + you'd have 3 2nd rounders (premium picks) to help out the defense.

        As for Edwards being better than Roy Williams? That's debatable, especially considering what Edwards did last season.

        And the RW trade was a trade in which Dallas had no leverage. JJ was set on getting another WR because he thought his team was a player away from a great SB chance. He was clearly wrong, but at the team his heart was set on making the move, whereas the Lions didn't care either way. They basically said "we don't mind holding on to RW, so the only way you're going to get him is if you blow us away." Which is exactly what JJ did. That trade was a clear instance of a team knowingly overpaying for a player with the feeling that the elusive SB ring was as close as the player could reach.

        It's clear that Braylon does not want to stay in Cleveland so why not get something for him before he becomes a free agent? You could argue that they'll showcase him this season, franchise him, then get a nice package in return NEXT offseason, but that's a funny way to build a winning organization.

        If I were the Browns I'd still be talking, trying to get Kiwi/S. Smith but if the Giants really won't budge I'd probably take the Hixon package, draft Crabtree at #5 and spend my three 2nds on defense and maybe a RB.
        Ok, so you know Braylon does not want to be a Brown, how? Because Kellen Winslow said so?

        That's interesting, because Braylon's dad said he wants to be a Brown and stay in Cleveland. So who should we believe? The fact is no one really knows.

        What we do know is this:

        Put Braylon's last 3 years against most any young WR in the league... he stacks up very well, despite the drops.

        The Browns do not have to do anything. They have a unique opportunity. Play the year out and go from there. If Mangini and Braylon are happy with each other, sign an extension and go from there. If they don't, franchise him and deal him.

        In what universe does it make sense to trade Braylon at his lowest possible value? He's about to play for a contract, so it stands to reason he's going to do everything possible to put up a big year and maximize his value.

        If the Browns want to deal Edwards, someone is going to have to meet their demands, not the other way around... suggesting they should have to pick from a few crappy deals is ridiculous.

        What's the harm in waiting a season to deal him? Either you keep one of the best young WRs in the league or at worst, you get a nice package of picks with a number of bidders and use the picks for whatever.

        In regards to Crabtree, if they decide to take him, which would be fine with me, I hope they keep Braylon in that scenario. Crabtree is going to need a redshirt season in the pros... he has a good deal to learn and throwing him into the #1 WR role is a mistake if you ask me. If Braylon is there, Crabtree can take a year to adjust to the league and step in the #1 spot the following year if they deal Edwards.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
          You could honestly swap the names Roy Williams and Detroit in there( as I did above lol) and have the exact same situation Scotty.
          excellent point lol. fine, just pay attention to my first 2 thoughts then dammit
          We ALL bleed scarlet
          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            You've got two guys. One dropped a bunch of passes and didn't produce much. The other didn't produce much.

            They basically both were pretty bad last year. How does that prove that either of them is better than the other?
            Edwards still had 873 receiving yards, i don't think Williams got more than 3 catches in any game last year.


            Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
            Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

            Amazing sig by jkpigskin

            Originally posted by Paul
            I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
            LOL props to Paul

            Comment


            • #51
              Why would we start with the roy trade when cleveland asked for the saints' second and fifth with steve smith, shouldn't that be the package we should start working from? Get that down to something both teams will agree on?

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                Roy dropped a bunch of balls in Detroit over his career there as well. Basically he didn't drop a bunch in Dallas because he hardly saw the ball.

                Case in Point. Plus, ROy never had a season like Edwards did 2 years ago.


                Mississippi State BBall: 22-12 (9-7) SEC CHAMPS!
                Jarvis Varnado: Best Defensive player in the SEC

                Amazing sig by jkpigskin

                Originally posted by Paul
                I'm no scientist but a mixture of semen, blood and feces can't be good.
                LOL props to Paul

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                  except the Giants aren't desperate under achievers who feel they HAVE to make a move and bring back a hometown guy...

                  the Giants have a bunch of options out there, so they won't overpay for Braylon.

                  plus, Braylon's been in the news, not a cancer by any means, but more public than you'd like (hence this statement...)

                  he's in his contract year IIRC, AND Cleveland's in full rebuild. teams around the league know that and no team will overpay a guy who'll hit the market in a year
                  Despite the fact the Browns' season last year was an abortion, they are not in full rebuilding mode.

                  All of the talent that is on the Browns is under 30 and much of it under 25:

                  LT Joe Thomas
                  LG Eric Steinbach
                  QB Brady Quinn (unproven or not, he is still young talent)
                  WR Braylon Edwards
                  FB Lawrence Vickers
                  NT Shaun Rogers
                  ILB D'Qwell Jackson
                  OLB Kamerion Wimbley (Yes, he's teetering on being a bust, but all hope is not lost... hopefully Rob Ryan can do something with him)
                  CB Eric Wright
                  CB Brandon McDonald

                  The Browns 10-6 season may have been an abberation, but this team has talent. If they draft well and Brady Quinn proves effective, they are a competitive football team. They may not be knocking on the Superbowl's door yet, but they would be a competitive football team.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                    Why would we start with the roy trade when cleveland asked for the saints' second and fifth with steve smith, shouldn't that be the package we should start working from? Get that down to something both teams will agree on?
                    I'll believe that when I see it. The new Browns FO has been incredibly tight lipped so far, but you hear rumor after rumor after rumor.

                    There has only been one trade so far from the Browns and it was the one that had no rumors; Kellen Winslow going to Tampa for a 2nd and a conditional pick next year.

                    Granted, I saw the Winslow trade coming, but that's because he is playing on one knee and I would not be surprised to see him out of the league in a few years. He has no cartilage and it's just bone grinding on bone.

                    So if a TE playing on one knee is worth a 2nd this year and a conditional pick next year, why is a WR who has put up 3,000 yards over the past 3 years and over 20 TDs and no durability concerns only worth a 2nd, a 5th, and a scrub?

                    It makes no sense whatsoever.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                      Why would we start with the roy trade when cleveland asked for the saints' second and fifth with steve smith, shouldn't that be the package we should start working from? Get that down to something both teams will agree on?
                      The Giants will not trade Steve Smith so the picks needed to be upped.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        So if we agree that the contract situation etc is the same (which I think we have), we could look at the production.

                        Edwards first 4 seasons

                        228 catches, 3,558 yards, 28 TD's
                        Average 57 catches, 889.5 yards, 7 TD's per season


                        Williams first 5 seasons

                        281 catches, 4,082 yards, 30 TD's
                        Average 56.2 catches, 816.4 yards, 6 TD's per season.


                        Honestly, the Williams deal just seems like a pretty darn good place to start working from. So basically you'd be talking about the equivilant of a 1st, 3rd and 6th for Edwards and a 7th. So a starter, a 2 and a 5 is probably fairly realistic.



                        Originally posted by Jakey
                        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

                        i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by G-Men88 View Post
                          The Giants will not trade Steve Smith so the picks needed to be upped.
                          Which is why I said that I was feeling something like our first, third/fourth and Mario/Hixon for Braylon. The down grade from smith to mario/hixon is around moving from 45 to 29 and replacing the fifth rounder with a third/fourth.

                          Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                          So if we agree that the contract situation etc is the same (which I think we have), we could look at the production.

                          Edwards first 4 seasons

                          228 catches, 3,558 yards, 28 TD's
                          Average 57 catches, 889.5 yards, 7 TD's per season


                          Williams first 5 seasons

                          281 catches, 4,082 yards, 30 TD's
                          Average 56.2 catches, 816.4 yards, 6 TD's per season.


                          Honestly, the Williams deal just seems like a pretty darn good place to start working from. So basically you'd be talking about the equivilant of a 1st, 3rd and 6th for Edwards and a 7th. So a starter, a 2 and a 5 is probably fairly realistic.
                          I agree the situations are similar, I just think Dallas ended up overpaying in that deal because JJ was getting desperate, I mean an in season trade of that magnitude? When does that ever happen in the NFL?

                          My prediction really wasn't that far off from what the roy trade was anyway, our first, third/fourth and Hixon/Mario. Call them scrubs if you will but hixon's better than any receiver you have not named braylon even if is just a complimentary play maker with deep speed. If you take crabtree in a few years that'd be a good combo that played to each other's strengths. That's better than you'll get from your sixth rounder unless you're really lucky.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Being better than Syndric Steptoe and Paul Hubbard isn't saying much. With or without Edwards, Wide Receiver is a hole. Steve Smith isn't the answer

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                              Being better than Syndric Steptoe and Paul Hubbard isn't saying much. With or without Edwards, Wide Receiver is a hole. Steve Smith isn't the answer
                              No one's saying he is...

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                                Despite the fact the Browns' season last year was an abortion, they are not in full rebuilding mode.

                                All of the talent that is on the Browns is under 30 and much of it under 25:

                                LT Joe Thomas
                                LG Eric Steinbach
                                QB Brady Quinn (unproven or not, he is still young talent)
                                WR Braylon Edwards
                                FB Lawrence Vickers
                                NT Shaun Rogers
                                ILB D'Qwell Jackson
                                OLB Kamerion Wimbley (Yes, he's teetering on being a bust, but all hope is not lost... hopefully Rob Ryan can do something with him)
                                CB Eric Wright
                                CB Brandon McDonald

                                The Browns 10-6 season may have been an abberation, but this team has talent. If they draft well and Brady Quinn proves effective, they are a competitive football team. They may not be knocking on the Superbowl's door yet, but they would be a competitive football team.
                                hate to break it to you, but the Browns are awful and your offense right now is just pathetic, especially if you do deal Braylon.

                                the Browns aren't holding the cards here, as Braylon's a FA and I highly doubt he'd re-sign with you.
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information