Plaxico Burress Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
    I won't be suprised.. You guys missed out on the Cutler deal, and we happen to release Burress a day later. Coincidence? Maybe.. but I wouldn't be suprised if something happens now.
    I am just curious what type of deal the Browns are going to do, I said before I am not for trading Edwards, cause the deal would probably look *SOMETHING* like this.

Edwards for a first and a second or a first and a third, or the variation of a second 5th and steve smith...

If the ideal one for the Browns happens (First + second) which are both very late picks in each round, then we still have a huge problem...

DAVID FREAKIN PATTEN IS OUR #1 RECEIVER... We would HAVE to draft Crabtree in the first round, absolutely have to... We would then have...

29th pick, 36th pick, 50th pick, 6X pick (whatever the Giants late second round pick is...

We would have Crabtree as our only main target, a washed up running back, and a competition at QB.

If Edwards is traded, we MUST trade Quinn or Anderson to get another pick, because we need another receiver in the draft if we get rid of Edwards.

Besides receiver, the Browns have needs at : ILB, FS, OLB, C, G, RB.

With the Edwards deal we would have 5 picks in the first two rounds to fill 7 holes, not too bad I guess, but I would think we would have to draft two receivers, so we would have 3 picks to fill 6 needs... Which is why trading a QB would help us out so much.

Comment

Looks like a 4.4 million cap hit from what I'm seeing so far.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
        Come to Oakland if you dont go to jail to long
        Times have changed. I doubt this team would consider it if this offseason is any indication.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          So what's the cap hit?

Giants have a gapping hole at WR now. For as much a headache as he was (and I liked that as a rival fan), when he was on the field, he beasted it (and I hated that as a rival fan).

Alls I know is that the Giants weren't scary to face without him.
          Yeah but we have options having 5 picks in the top 100. I am sure we may go WR, or tweak some of the passing concepts now that Plax is gone.

Comment

This is surprising but I think it is a good move for the Giants. I think that this whole situation would just have been one big distraction to the team. Plus we don't even know if he's going to be able to play football because of his legal situation.

Comment

About time. Guy is a moron

Originally posted by SNIPER26
              LaMarr Woodley, Norse God of Thunder/Baby Jesus/Killer of all things QB, set an NFL record by getting multiple sacks in three consecutive playoff games. Don't **** with LaMarr.
              Pittsburgh Steelers....6 Time Champs!

Comment

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...e_to_leav.html

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                  Times have changed. I doubt this team would consider it if this offseason is any indication.
                  AMEN. I really can't see Plax playing again anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Ashley View Post
                    AMEN. I really can't see Plax playing again anyway.
                    Your right since Plax will probably be in jail.

Comment

So do the Giants now officially have the worst receiving corps in the NFL? They have to be close. Their two best targets are Hixon and Boss, unless they get a #1 receiver I find it hard to take them seriously as a contender.
                      Last edited by Basileus777; 04-03-2009, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                        So do the Giants now officially have the worst WR corps in the NFL? They have to be close.
                        top 10 worst prob,

Steve smith could be a #2 or #3 on any team, Hixon shows flashes, Moss i dont even know whats wrong with him his combination of being scared and shortness probably, Manningham we have faith in. and tyree is looking at the short end of the stick

so basically.

1. Hixon
                        2. Steve Smith
                        3. Mario Mannigham
                        4. Sinorice Moss
                        5. David Tyree

two guys that have produced decently, two guys who have/had potential, and tyree

Comment

So do the Giants now officially have the worst receiving corps in the NFL? They have to be close. Their two best targets are Hixon and Boss, unless they get a #1 receiver I find it hard to take them seriously as a contender.
                          Good thing we are an offense built upon the run and team built based on the trenches on both sides of the ball. While losing Burress hurts, I am sure the offensive staff will tweak some of the passing concepts. We did it when we lost Shockey last season, and how did our running game do? Now with Burress gone, I expect the offensive staff to change some things once again, but this time in the passing game. Plus defense wins champions, NOT OFFENSE. Just see the Pats and Cards in the superbowl.

Comment

steve smith is our best target, then Hixon, then RB, then Boss.

trading for braylon and/or drafting a WR would keep us in playoff contention. our running game is what really matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                              Good thing we are an offense built upon the run and team built based on the trenches on both sides of the ball. While losing Burress hurts, I am sure the offensive staff will tweak some of the passing concepts. We did it when we lost Shockey last season, and how did our running game do? Now with Burress gone, I expect the offensive staff to change some things once again, but this time in the passing game. Plus defense wins champions, NOT OFFENSE. Just see the Pats and Cards in the superbowl.
                              Steelers and Cards in the SB?

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                                Steelers and Cards in the SB?
                                No I meant look at the dynamic offenses in the superbowls.. Pats vs us, exhibit A. and Cards vs Steelers in this past superbowl. Offenses don't win superbowls, defense does.. And how did we address that issue this offseason so far? It's not like our offense is on life support.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information