• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giants saw no signs Plax would change

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...lax-would.html

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Moss or TO didn't have to spend a year away from football or any time in jail once they were into their 30's...I'm not 100% sure he'll do jail time though, but I'm just saying if he can't play this year or workout, that's a big hindrance to a WR that's in his mid 30's.

I'm assuming this 09 year is going to be a wash for him and he won't escape with jail time, especially with things getting pushed back...Maybe that's not the case but it looks like it, and I can't imagine him being anywhere near the same if that happens.
      If he misses a full season then I agree with you it will have a big effect on his play but if he can some how stay out of jail or get out in time for the season I don't see his play dropping off.

I'm not condoning what he did or saying he should or shouldn't do jail time just that if he does actual get to play this season I feel he can still play the game at a high level.
      Last edited by Splat; 04-03-2009, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        ...and I guess trading him wasn't an option, right?
        Who would have traded anything for a guy that has a very good chance of going to jail? Even a 7th rounder probably wouldn't have been offered by anyone, with the salary hit you'd have to pay a guy that likely wouldn't even play for you for a year and now has a gunshot wound to the leg. I'm fairly confident that the Giants likely did at least float the idea of trading him to some teams and found no interest. I don't think trading him would have been a realistic option at all.

Originally posted by Jakey
        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

This move was in the best interest of the team, and is a good move IMO.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            ...and I guess trading him wasn't an option, right?
            Not at all...

Comment

Burress Wins His Grievance

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information