Jeff Garcia to Raiders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyler Ashley View Post
    Haha. It would be pretty legit if he got into coaching though. I think he was made for that kind of thing.
    Agreed. He started screaming when commentating on the Bucs vs. Raiders game because Garcia didn't see an open receiver. "He's wide open on the left sideline! He missed him!"
    Peyton Manning Fanboy
    Originally posted by Complex
    They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

I like Garcia and think he can still be a good starter in this league, but why the hell are we even talking with him? We drafted JR to be the guy (regardless of how much anyone likes/dislikes it) so why bring in another starter? Russell has nothing to gain by sitting on the bench at this point, he needs to play. I doubt Garcia wants to be a backup, and unless Al is already off the JR bandwagon we should be focusing on other areas of the team.

Comment

If given a fair shot he would easily beat out Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
          If given a fair shot he would easily beat out Russell.
          That's what I'm afraid of...I don't want a Kerry Collins/Vince Young type of situation going on with our 1st overall pick and a 40 year old with a noodle for an arm. I would have been all for the move two years ago, and I would be fine with it now if JaMarcus wasn't on the roster, but there's a 50/50 chance that this could really screw Russell's development.

Comment

Garcia signed to be a back up.He wont compete to be the starter he is the Mentor
            Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
              I was surprised that he wasn't linked to the Jets this off season. I understand that Rex is sticking with his guys (or drafting someone), but I expected a lot of Garcia to NYJ rumors.
              Aye, i would have thought the Jets would have been a great fit. He would allow them to be more competitive this season than anyone currently on the roster I feel...

Comment

Stash, how has your avi not been flagged yet lol?

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

I say good move for them though picking up Garcia.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

JaMarcus Russell is 23 years old, picking up a vet for him is great. I really do believe Russell will turn into a good QB but you guys need to let him grow. Last year was virtualy his rookie season and he did alright on a bad team.

As for Garcia, if he gets the starting job, we might have a chance at winning the AFC West. If Russell works on his game and gets used to his WR's then I think we will be good

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

If Jeff Garcia is a challenge to Russell then the Raiders wasted a pick on him. Garcia is done he has a rag arm.

Comment

Garcia will be backup and nothing more..

Comment

Originally posted by Oaktown1981 View Post
                          Garcia will be backup and nothing more..
                          Well, FWIW, Kerry Collins was never meant to be anything more either.

Comment

Originally posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
                            Stash, how has your avi not been flagged yet lol?
                            Shhhhh! You can't see anything anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                              Shhhhh! You can't see anything anyway.
                              For what ever reason the girl reminds me of Marge Simpson....

Comment

I hope Garcia comes to the team with the attitude that he wants to help J-Rock with his game rather than a "Me vs Him" type of situation. If Garcia comes in as a mentor I think he could really make a difference to Jamarcus' development as a QB, but having him compete against Jamarcus could be detrimental to the team.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information