The (Insert Name Here) Is In Trouble With the Law Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The (Insert Name Here) Is In Trouble With the Law Thread

Okay, okay I am honestly starting to get sick to my stomach..

-Reggie Williams - Felony drug possession

-Matt Jones - Cocaine possession

-Plaxico Burress - Pulled over for speeding (5th time in last month),curses out police officer. Oh and shoots himself in the leg.

-BJ Raji - Tested positive for Marijuana (who cares but AT THE COMBINE?! Come on)

-FSU WR Rod Owens - pulled over for DUI Sunday

-Donte Stallworth - Still unclear, but supposedly drunk when hit and killed civilian

-Larry Johnson - Cited for "domestic distubance" twice with two different women...

I won't dig into Pacman, Tank, etc... POINT IS, let's not waste our time creating thread after thread of stupid athletes who don't take the time to think. Now we can just lump them in with the other wastes of space. Whether they like it or not, they are role models.

Call a cab, bring a security guard, drive the F'n speed limit, and um don't do coke? Sh*t man I go on ESPN or NFLdraftcountdown and every headline seems to be more and more of these people I look up to committing more crimes..

it's not the role model thing, it's being a moron that pisses me off.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Certainly doesn't look good for Stallworth at the moment, that's for sure.

Comment

There are thousands of thousands of athletes in the public spotlight. Of course we're going to see dozens of cases of athletes committing crimes. I doubt the ratio of NFL players committing crimes is much different than average.

Comment

Originally posted by iHustle View Post
          There are thousands of thousands of athletes in the public spotlight. Of course we're going to see dozens of cases of athletes committing crimes. I doubt the ratio of NFL players committing crimes is much different than average.
          yeah, well I expect guys who at least managed to stay in college to have a few braincells more than the avarage thug.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

I want to spark with B.J. Raji..

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
              Just don;t offer to buy the munchies unless you got serious bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                Draft day, his house, I'll meet ya there. Hah

Comment

These guys have a problem and it is all about egos. They're young, successful athletes, the law can't touch them. They believe in that. Their **** don't stink. They are above the law.

A perfect example is Plaxico Buress telling the police officer off and threatening him. Or another example is Ko Simpson yelling "Do you know how much I'm worth?"

They think they are above the law and things like this happen. 99% of sports news is news about some professional player doing drugs, using steroids, beating their wives etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                    These guys have a problem and it is all about egos. They're young, successful athletes, the law can't touch them. They believe in that. Their **** don't stink. They are above the law.

A perfect example is Plaxico Buress telling the police officer off and threatening him. Or another example is Ko Simpson yelling "Do you know how much I'm worth?"

They think they are above the law and things like this happen. 99% of sports news is news about some professional player doing drugs, using steroids, beating their wives etc. etc.
                    Exactly and it gets to the point where you just wanna say, "Open your F'n eyes". But they are oblilvious to the world around them. It really makes you appreciate the "good guys".

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                      Exactly and it gets to the point where you just wanna say, "Open your F'n eyes". But they are oblilvious to the world around them. It really makes you appreciate the "good guys".
                      But you don't hear anything about the good guys. Players do good things every day but that doesn't get talked about. You will never read a headline that says Tory Holt builds new playground for impoverished children but if Tory Holt were caught with some drugs and guns you'd hear all about it.

Comment

But you don't hear anything about the good guys. Players do good things every day but that doesn't get talked about. You will never read a headline that says Tory Holt builds new playground for impoverished children but if Tory Holt were caught with some drugs and guns you'd hear all about it.
                        Because when people hear too many good things they start bitching about how the media is "ballwashing" them. Tim Tebow is a good example.

Comment

So because there's a few bad apples in a basket of thousands you're going to stigmatize the entire league?

Comment

I read that as 'improvised' and that completely changed that sentence.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

Originally posted by iHustle View Post
                              So because there's a few bad apples in a basket of thousands you're going to stigmatize the entire league?
                              Those few bad apples are reflecting very badly on the rest of the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information