Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Bernard Pollard change the whole NFL Season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Bernard Pollard change the whole NFL Season?

If u look back at it, how incredible was that one hit Bernard Pollard landed on Brady?

When Brady went out, it first caused a big whole in NE it seemed. He was the MVP and OPotY coming of the best statistical season a QB ever had. Suddenly he was out for the year.

Who jumped in? Surely everybody knows it was Matt Cassel. He propelled himself to national acknowledgement and got franchised and traded just 4 months later.

Now think about the other effects. With Matt Cassel having success, it shed some positive light on two other guys: Scott Pioli, although he was already kind of well known for great drafts, and Josh McDaniels. Especially Josh McDaniels, who was sought after already the last few seasons, proved that he is great with young QBs, an ability that is incredibly important in the NFL. So Scott Pioli moved on to the Chiefs and Josh McDaniels became the new Head Coach of the Denver Broncos. Now the real dilemma started.

McDaniels wanted Matt Cassel, who again got the chance to show what he can do because of Pollard's hit, in Denver. This like we all know didnt go through because of Scott Pioli who landed Matt Cassel and outfoxed McDaniels. But this lead to totally different drama, the Jay Cutler drama. Obviously it didnt sit well with the young QB and his pride and after a month of ruckus he eventually got traded to the Chicago Bears. This lead to a lot of criticism by the Denver Fans and Josh McDaniels is already kind of on the hot seat?

Other rumors have it that the Patriots could acquire Julius Peppers with the #34 pick they got for Cassel.

What is my point? I guess i thought it's fun to look back at all this and remember what triggered it all.

So next time Cassel sees Pollard in the locker room, why not ask him out for dinner. Every Bears fan and Chiefs fan should.
    And Josh McDaniels? Blame Pollard!

But thats why we love the NFL, thats why we American Football. It is the soap opera for men.

All i gotta say is: Thanks Bernard Pollard for making this season one of the best seasons in recent memories.

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
    thats why we American Football.
    Amen brudda, amen.

thats why we american football.

Comment

We American Football!!!!

Comment

Thats why we American Football and Who was phone?

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
          Thats why we American Football and Who was phone?
          HE ACCIDENTLY THE WHOLE FLESHLIGHT!

anyways, lets not get this locked.
          What are ur thoughts on this? What other ripple effects recently come to your mind?

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
            HE ACCIDENTLY THE WHOLE FLESHLIGHT!

anyways, lets not get this locked.
            What are ur thoughts on this? What other ripple effects recently come to your mind?
            I can believable, like a little girl. :p

My thoughts....Cassell had more to do with this than Pollard. Pollard could've injured brady, but if Cassell sucked there would'nt be this much chaos.

Comment

haha who knew Bernard Pollard would have started this kind of dominoe effect in the NFL with just one play

Comment

Thank you sir....may i have another

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

BTW how dumb is that new rule penalizing and fining players who dive at a quarterback's legs while on the ground ala Pollard. Does the NFL actually expect players to get up off the ground before attacking the QB?
                  I'm a state.

Comment

Cool song.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

It seems remarkable but it's pretty much a constant in the universe let alone football; that everything is a result of an endless series of events. The fact Brady is even this big to cause such a ripple effect can be traced back to a freak injury on a QB. And the fact Seth Rogen makes movies can be traced back to a lot of **** sucking.

Comment

Had Sammy Morris not held Pollard by the face mask and tried to rip his head off this never would have happen would have just been a sack more then likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                          Had Sammy Morris not held Pollard by the face mask and tried to rip his head off this never would have happen would have just been a sack more then likely.
                          had kevin Faulk not been suspended for getting caught with weed at a Lil Wayne concert that play would not have happened. Faulk would have laid on top of Pollard and not let him get to brady!!!!!!
                          Last edited by bored of education; 04-07-2009, 09:09 AM.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                            Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                            had kevin Faulk not been suspended for getting caught with weed at a Lil Wayne concert that play would not have happened. Faulk would have laid on top of Pollard and not let him get to brady!!!!!!
                            Had the NFL not made a 4-12 football team play an 16-0 football team the first week of the season this never would have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              i see.

lets blame Lil Wayne's mom

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information