Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Bernard Pollard change the whole NFL Season?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Bernard Pollard change the whole NFL Season?

If u look back at it, how incredible was that one hit Bernard Pollard landed on Brady?

When Brady went out, it first caused a big whole in NE it seemed. He was the MVP and OPotY coming of the best statistical season a QB ever had. Suddenly he was out for the year.

Who jumped in? Surely everybody knows it was Matt Cassel. He propelled himself to national acknowledgement and got franchised and traded just 4 months later.

Now think about the other effects. With Matt Cassel having success, it shed some positive light on two other guys: Scott Pioli, although he was already kind of well known for great drafts, and Josh McDaniels. Especially Josh McDaniels, who was sought after already the last few seasons, proved that he is great with young QBs, an ability that is incredibly important in the NFL. So Scott Pioli moved on to the Chiefs and Josh McDaniels became the new Head Coach of the Denver Broncos. Now the real dilemma started.

McDaniels wanted Matt Cassel, who again got the chance to show what he can do because of Pollard's hit, in Denver. This like we all know didnt go through because of Scott Pioli who landed Matt Cassel and outfoxed McDaniels. But this lead to totally different drama, the Jay Cutler drama. Obviously it didnt sit well with the young QB and his pride and after a month of ruckus he eventually got traded to the Chicago Bears. This lead to a lot of criticism by the Denver Fans and Josh McDaniels is already kind of on the hot seat?

Other rumors have it that the Patriots could acquire Julius Peppers with the #34 pick they got for Cassel.

What is my point? I guess i thought it's fun to look back at all this and remember what triggered it all.

So next time Cassel sees Pollard in the locker room, why not ask him out for dinner. Every Bears fan and Chiefs fan should.
    And Josh McDaniels? Blame Pollard!

But thats why we love the NFL, thats why we American Football. It is the soap opera for men.

All i gotta say is: Thanks Bernard Pollard for making this season one of the best seasons in recent memories.

• Malaka
    replied
    Originally posted by 619 View Post
    What if Scott never created this beautiful site?
    This is blasphemy!

This... is... SWDC!

Leave a comment:

replied
    What if Scott never created this beautiful site?

Leave a comment:

• The Unseen
    replied
    What if Jim Thorpe had two X chromosomes? Then the NFL woulda been in serious **** from the get-go.

mind ****!

Leave a comment:

• Thunder&Lightning
    replied
    Bledoes injurie leads to Brady --> Brady's injury leads to Cassel --> Cassels injury leads too...

Leave a comment:

• Thunder&Lightning
    replied
    This all would not have happened if Mo Lewis's hit on Drew Bledsoe which injured him did not happen.

Last edited by Thunder&Lightning; 04-15-2009, 09:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CC.SD
    replied
    Originally posted by Brent View Post
    I blame the Yankees!
    Words to live by.

Leave a comment:

• Brent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
    If Brian Griese hadn't kept Tom Brady on the bench at Michigan Brady would've been selected higher in the draft, never ended up a pat to be there when Bledsoe got that internal bleeding against the jets. The Pats owe their rings to Brian Griese.
    If the Yankees hadnt lured Drew Henson with a contract, Drew would have been the starter, not Tom.

I blame the Yankees!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Hero
    replied
    If Brian Griese hadn't kept Tom Brady on the bench at Michigan Brady would've been selected higher in the draft, never ended up a pat to be there when Bledsoe got that internal bleeding against the jets. The Pats owe their rings to Brian Griese.

Leave a comment:

• BaLLiN
    replied
    Technically you all are wrong, if Moss had gotten open earlier Tom wouldnt have been taking a hit.

Leave a comment:

• Brent
    replied
    Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
    This is all a conspiracy to keep the Raiders down!!!!

This never would have happened and Rich Gannon wouldnt have been ****** over.

Leave a comment:

• nobodyinparticular
    replied
    Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
    This all can be traced back to Mo Lewis and Drew Bledsoe. If Bledsoe never gets hurt think of how different the NFL would be today.
    Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    HOLY **** you are right. If that injury hadn't occurred Tom Brady wouldn't be banging Gisele!
    Originally posted by Malaka View Post
    and then that paparazzi's car wouldn't be all shot up... :O
    Originally posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
    Think of what the injury did to the Rams, Bills, and Cowboys? Look now what it has done for the Chiefs.
    And the Raiders would have won the SB in 2001, and Oakland would have 4 Lombardis from 3 decades.

*GASP!!!!* This is all a conspiracy to keep the Raiders down!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jakey
    replied
    Originally posted by bored of education View Post
    you have gay parents?
    No they're dad. That is very ignorant :/

Leave a comment:

• bored of education
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakey View Post
    I tried to talk to my parents about this, but my parents are dads : (
    you have gay parents?