• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    Trent Dilfer= 1-0
    Dan Marino= 0-1

Trent Dilfer for HOFer?
    Shhhhh......lol

Comment

Eli's first big comeback was against the Broncos in his first year starting. We were 2 TD's in the 4th quarter I believe and we won it with a last second TD pass to Toomer.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        I'm not going to lie, Eli is coming along and he is getting better but he was not known for being clutch and you and I both know that. Oh and those first 3 years he made the playoffs, he rode on the heels of a great run game (first with Tiki now with Jacobs) and a dominant defense.
        Dominant defense? What? I believe it was the defense who choked in 2006 when Eli in the Wild Card round brought the giants back to tie the game with 5 minutes left and the defense decided to give up 50 yards to the offense and let them kick a field goal to win the game. Or what about 2005 Eli's first year starting where our defense was so dominant that we had to sign Kevin freaking Lewis to start at LB a week before playoff game because we had no starting linebackers left. Nick Griesen played not being able to move his left arm up, we signed an old Terell Buckley less then a week before the game to stick him on Steve Smith because we had no corners. Yea those defenses were surely dominant. And I ask you again, if Eli is not considered cluch (lol) then what QB is?

Comment

^^^
          Tom Brady

Comment

Originally posted by Toneloc498 View Post
            Dominant defense? What? I believe it was the defense who choked in 2006 when Eli in the Wild Card round brought the giants back to tie the game with 5 minutes left and the defense decided to give up 50 yards to the offense and let them kick a field goal to win the game. Or what about 2005 Eli's first year starting where our defense was so dominant that we had to sign Kevin freaking Lewis to start at LB a week before playoff game because we had no starting linebackers left. Nick Griesen played not being able to move his left arm up, we signed an old Terell Buckley less then a week before the game to stick him on Steve Smith because we had no corners. Yea those defenses were surely dominant. And I ask you again, if Eli is not considered cluch (lol) then what QB is?
            Stoney Case lol

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
              I'm not going to lie, Eli is coming along and he is getting better but he was not known for being clutch and you and I both know that. Oh and those first 3 years he made the playoffs, he rode on the heels of a great run game (first with Tiki now with Jacobs) and a dominant defense.
              Then WTF is he known for. Eli's ability to drive his team down the field when it matters is his best trait. I honestly can't figure out how someone could use such absolute terms when you're clearly so ignorant of what you're talking about.

Edit not even mentioning how pathetic our defense was before spags showed up and helped us win a superbowl, so know he didn't ride the heels of a dominant defense.
              Last edited by Mr. Hero; 04-08-2009, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Losing plaxico and shockey in consecutive years has really hurt the offense's quick strike ability.

They need someone who can strike and strike quickly. The draft won't give them the immediacy their offense needs to be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  Losing plaxico and shockey in consecutive years has really hurt the offense's quick strike ability.

They need someone who can strike and strike quickly. The draft won't give them the immediacy their offense needs to be effective.
                  This was all very clear at the end of last season when the Giants lost Plax. They were no where near as explosive. It also allowed teams to load up the box to better stop the run.

Comment

I think I have been proven wrong but in those first couple of years that was MY impression of Eli Manning. Remember that I am an Eagles fan so my impression of the New York Giants is inherently bad.

Comment

no chad johnson! they meant Calvin johnson :)

but in all seriousness id like braylon in NY, prob a first and conditional pick in '10.

Donovan can be great because he is athletic and all, but Eli is not really and thats his only real lacking part of his game.

Also that playoff game was a joke, you cannot say that was a choke because the wind negated every throw made, that just makes you not credible so anything you say wont be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                        I was hoping they would draft Britt instead, you know, for Scotty's sake.
                        Honestly, though it would piss me off to see Britt go to a Division rival, since I like him so much, I honestly would want him to go there if the Eagles can't get Britt. And that is Simply because Scotty will be the happiest person on the face of the earth. Personally, the Giants are the team that I'd like to see Britt go to (In the whole NFL), after the Eagles. He would be in a great position for success there, even though he would be a rival.
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Can we please all agree to the following two facts:

1. Chad Johnsons nickname is Ocho Cinco or 85
                          2. CJ stands for Calvin Jesus a.k.a Calvin Johnson.

This thread nearly gave me a damn hartattack because of those two letters.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                            I was hoping they would draft Britt instead, you know, for Scotty's sake.
                            If this doesn't happen Scotty may just commit suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                              If this doesn't happen Scotty may just commit suicide.
                              Let's not be rash about this now. What would Rutgers do without their biggest fan?

Comment

i thought cleveland was asking for a 1st and third? with the giants picking so late in the first, i dont see how they could downgrade the third to a fifth.

I could see a conditional pick in next years draft that defaults to a 4th at worst and could go as high as a second based on production but cleveland definitely doesnt need to trade braylon so accepting less than the going value would be very stupid, especially when the giants are obviously desperate for more help. Cleveland has too much bargaining power to take less than their asking price.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information