Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Roy E Williams be an All-Pro next year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    Williams also played a fourth of the season with Detroit, and was hurt for most of the rest of the season, on a team with Terrell Owens and Jason Witten.
    Speaking of hurt, Has RW ever made it through a whole season without being dinged up in one way or anouther? Guy has talent that he shows for the big sportscenter play but he lacks the focus to be consistent. I watched every game he played for the Lions and if being home playing for Dallas can somehow turn the light on he could be one of the best. My thinking is he is lights out for 5 games then gets dinged and floats the rest of the season.

That all being said one thing I always liked about RW is he isnt a headcase WR making headlines every week. He tends to be somewhat of a selfadmited Dork. Oh and he doesn't know what to tip the pizza guy.

He should be a good face for the Dallas cowboys even if he doesn't live up to the trade value it took to get him.

Comment

Williams is overrated. One 1000+ yard season in 6 seasons. People talk about him like he's an elite receiver but I realistically think he's a quality #2, at least until he develops more consistency.

Comment

Williams also played a fourth of the season with Detroit, and was hurt for most of the rest of the season, on a team with Terrell Owens and Jason Witten.
        Yeah, that is why his number were absolute crap. Calvin found a way to get it done. Consistently being injured is an excuse? Playing on a team with other talented players who can draw away coverage is an excuse? Being the only target that people can focus on (DeSean) is an advantage?

People need to look at the facts, and those show that he is not consistently at a level that deserves the recognition and attention that he has been given. He has some nice catches, but what did they matter? What is his body of work? Not very impressive. Consistently missing games due to injuries isn't a reason to be optimistic, it is a concern! Until he does something, he is an overhyped guy who has never lived up to his draft position, contract, or trade value. Simply put.

An offseason spent with the Cowboys and learning the offense and getting on the same page as Romo to be the #1 WR option will be great to better evaluate him, but his numbers from last year after the trade are beyond what an excuse for dropped production should be, they were straight up bad. Given what we have to go from in the past, this should be a concern, not reason for optimism. He will be given every chance to succeed in Dallas, they gave up a lot for him, and made some moves that have put all the marbles in his basket. For good or bad, they will ride him. Hopefully he finally lives up to the hype he has been given, but simply put, has not lived up to for an entire season. If he gets injured, like he usually does, they are awfully thin at WR. Can you rely on this guy to be your consistent #1 for an entire season? The next 2 seasons will be the ones that determine his career, his last chance to show he's a legit #1 target on a good offense. No longer is the excuse 'he was on the Lions'.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Exactly, I still don't understand why everyone considers him a bust after half a season with the Cowboys???

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

As a guy who has watched him for his entire stay in Detroit, he is a guy with great talent who just doesnt live up to the hype. He'll make some sick catches and you'll think that he is unstoppable, but once you count on him to make a catch he becomes Mr. Drops. Its not like Jon Kitna was hitting him in stride, but if you are paid to catch a ball, you better catch the ball. Good luck Cowboy fans, I'm much happier with Calvin.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information