Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Roy E Williams be an All-Pro next year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Roy E Williams be an All-Pro next year?

I feel like people forget how good this guy was in Detroit in 2006/2007. He obviously didn't have a great year with the 2008 lions/cowboys but I feel like circumstances were heavily against him.

He's at that sweet-spot age for receivers and he'll be way more adjusted to the cowboys offense and be their only legit #1 target.

Two receivers make 1st Team All Pro right? I bet it's gonna be amongst CJ, Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, and Moss (if only cuz of brady). Steve smith and boldin are past their peaks, don't think bowe/marshall are as polished yet plus they are on some shaky offenses.

I think he will have a good year, but he won't be able to beat out CJ, Fitz, Moss, or Owens (yes I think he will have a great year) for the All-Pro team. He has a decent chance of going to the Pro-Bowl though.

Comment

I don't think he'll make all-pro. Without TO in Dallas I think it's very possible for him to make the Pro Bowl (All Dallas fans will vote for him so he'll have a good chance of getting there).

Comment

I laughed and Boldin and Steve Smith being written off.

Comment

Yeah but there was a time when this debate was only about Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison, and Chad Johnson and all of these guys probably wont be with their original teams next year.

I'm just saying, Steve Smith and Boldin's style of play is very physical and yard-after-catch oriented which just doesn't translate to long careers like a less physical style (i.e. randy moss)

Comment

Neither are over 30 or have shown any significant signs of wear.

Comment

by all-pro do you mean making the pro bowl?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                by all-pro do you mean making the pro bowl?
                No he means making the all pro team

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I doubt it. First off, Romo won't be as good as everyone thinks he will. T.O. made him the superstar many see him as. With him gone, I see Romo playing at a mediocre level, maybe a little bit above average but he won't be anything special. A rich mans Orton or Cassel...

Comment

as long as a lions qb has an arm, CJ will beat Roy E. Williams. That said, he'll be really, really good. Worth what Dallas gave up for him, that's for sure.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Doesn't he have a problem with drops?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

No. He will fail.

Only over 1000 yards one time in his career and has never posted double digit touchdowns.

I'm guessing we'll get like 1100 yards out of him and 8 td's which is decent, but not good enough for what we gave up for him.

Comment

I really can't see it for him next year. The Cowboys are probably going to focus more on running the ball next year and Witten will take up the majority of Romos passes. Plus with some of the receivers mentioned above and Andre Johnson who wasn't mentioned the competition is far too hot. If I was to go out on a limb I would say the two All pro receivers will be Fitz and Andre Johnson-CJ misses out because if it is Stafford who is drafted it may take him a while to get settled, Moss will have another good year but not do quite enough, Carolina will run the ball too often to allow Steve Smith to have enough catches but he could have some real big ones and Bowe may be a year away from this level.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

How good he was in Detroit? Check the numbers, he hasn't put up great numbers, and hasn't played that many full seasons. Hype Hype Hype. Give me some consistent production. He has fallen far short of what was expected comin out of Texas.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

For the price the Cowboys paid for him, you better hope he is.

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information