X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this trade happen?

Bengals Get:
    Jason Peters
    Pro Bowl Left Tackle, reportedly being shopped. Buffalo doesn't want to pay him top money, would Bengals be willing to pay top money to have Palmer's blindside protected? I think so. Plus, we'd be paying this money to an unproven tackle if we went that route at #6 whereas here you've minimized the risk factor while still get a younger guy (He's only 27).
    Roscoe Parrish
    Here you're getting one of the best return men in the league who is expendable to Buffalo with the emergence of Leodis Mckelvin and their depth at WR. The Bengals have unsuccessfully sought to upgrade the return game for the past couple of years. At the very least Parrish is an upgrade over Antonio Chatman in both the return game and in the slot.
    Giants 2nd Round Selection #60

Bills Get:
    Bengals 1st Round Selection #6
    Giants 3rd rounder #91 overall
    Levi Jones
    Levi has been unhappy in Cincinnati and I think his issues are more to do with the Coaching Staff rather than wanting a new contract. He was a Pro Bowl alternate just a few seasons ago but struggled with injuries and been disappointing as of late. He's still fairly young and provides the Bills with some experience and keeps their options open. May or may not be long term answer.

Giant Get:
    Chad Johnson
    The Giants are a team that IMO, doesn't have a whole lot of wholes to fill. Here you're able to get Chad Johnson without giving up a first round pick. Some will argue that Chad wouldn't do well with all of the media attention in New York but I think Chad is just misunderstood by a lot of people. He could be the missing piece to the Giants.
    Bengals 5th round Pick #142

Bengals gave up way too much.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

How is trading for Peters minimizing the risk factor? He was a star in 2007, a pedestrian in 2008. Sounds pretty risky to me. Personally I wouldn't do it if I had to get that 6th Pick involved. Now we get a "franchise" Left Tackle with all kinds of questions, we lose our #1, we take ourselves out of range to get a top receiver and receive only a very late 2nd for Chad. Just not a good trade for Cincinnati.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

That's the worst trade scenario I've seen in a long time. Congrats.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

This isn't Madden...

Comment

Jason Peters is worth a second rounder tops right now.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

By "potential trade" do you mean "trade I made up"?

Comment

dont like giants trade, a 2nd and a 3rd for a guy who isnt very young anymore and would only cause eli more headache.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                  By "potential trade" do you mean "trade I made up"?
                  Yea, Im wondering the same thing

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

This "potential" trade fails.

Comment

The only LT in the nfl that gave up more sacks than Jason Peters last season was Kwame Brown

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                        The only LT in the nfl that gave up more sacks than Jason Peters last season was Kwame Brown
                        Where are you getting these statistics? The ones I'm looking at have Peters tied with Duane Brown, both with 11.5 sacks allowed. Brown had 16 starts versus only 13 for Peters.

Comment

So we can trade Peters and Roscoe and get the #6 pick? And a 3rd rounder? And even Jones?
                          Get on it, nonexistent Bills GM.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                            I haven't seen Kwame Brown for a little while. I hear he's still with the Pistons as a role player. What wasted potential there. Still, as an NFL OT, he didn't allow all too many sacks. The Raiders Kwame Harris, on the other hand....

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                              I haven't seen Kwame Brown for a little while. I hear he's still with the Pistons as a role player. What wasted potential there. Still, as an NFL OT, he didn't allow all too many sacks. The Raiders Kwame Harris, on the other hand....
                              Kwame Brown is so much of a bust, not only is he a bust at center, he's also a bust at LT, goalie and second baseman. Doesn't play those sports you say? Well, he's just that much of a bust.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information