Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Browns looking to deal Quinn and Edwards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
    LMAO

    I can't believe people actually believe this.

    Orton is not the future and has very little potential.
    With Denver's oline and Weapons he should be good enough if they can rebuild that D. My gut is telling me Braylon is going to be a giant and Quinn a Jet or a Lion.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
      LMAO

      I can't believe people actually believe this.

      Orton is not the future and has very little potential.
      You overrate potential.

      Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. What kind of potential is that?

      An NFL team is more than one position. If you surround a guy with weapons, his game will improve.

      I'm not saying Orton is all-pro. I'm saying he will provide them with a starting QB this year. Orton only has one year left on his deal. If he sucks, DEN lets him walk and can choose a QB with one of their TWO 1st rounder next season.

      Why can't you see the logic?
      INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
        I don't care, think what you want thats fine.

        But there is no way that trading a 1st for Quinn improved DEN's QB situation at all.
        I have a hard time believing Quinn is not better than Orton, so, yeah it would be an improvement.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
          You overrate potential.

          Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. What kind of potential is that?

          An NFL team is more than one position. If you surround a guy with weapons, his game will improve.

          I'm not saying Orton is all-pro. I'm saying he will provide them with a starting QB this year. Orton only has one year left on his deal. If he sucks, DEN lets him walk and can choose a QB with one of their TWO 1st rounder next season.

          Why can't you see the logic?
          Because their aren't many good QB's next year either. Bradford is the only one that looks like a first round guy, but beyond him there's not much.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
            Because their aren't many good QB's next year either. Bradford is the only one that looks like a first round guy, but beyond him there's not much.
            There is also the chance of a trade for a QB next season, signing a QB (DEN has one of the highest amount of cap room), Orton possibly succeeds, McDaniels takes a low round QB this year for next year.... So many other more likely scenarios than DEN trading a 1st for a less accomplished QB than Orton. That scenario is so bad, and I'm telling you DEN will not go that route.
            INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
              Because their aren't many good QB's next year either. Bradford is the only one that looks like a first round guy, but beyond him there's not much.
              Haven't watch Snead and Ole Miss operate much have you?

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
                You overrate potential.

                Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. What kind of potential is that?

                An NFL team is more than one position. If you surround a guy with weapons, his game will improve.

                I'm not saying Orton is all-pro. I'm saying he will provide them with a starting QB this year. Orton only has one year left on his deal. If he sucks, DEN lets him walk and can choose a QB with one of their TWO 1st rounder next season.

                Why can't you see the logic?
                Okay, let me know when Denver has one of the best defenses in the NFL.



                I've watched every single throw Orton has ever made in the NFL. He's a very average to below average NFL QB even with those weapons.

                If Denver doesn't get Bradford next year then what? Snead is the second best QB in that class it looks like and I doubt people are sold on him as a first rounder. It doesn't look like a promising QB group and they might not be able to trade up for Bradford and could screw themselves. Their QB situation is far from fine. Could they manage with Orton for a year? Sure. The Bears have shuffled junk QBs around for years. The Bears had Grossman/Griese/Orton a few years ago. 3 back up QBs doesn't mean the situation is fine.

                Denver is going to be awful next year. Mostly because of their defense, but Orton will be a strong reason as well.

                I love how all of a sudden Orton has potential to do good things. Not really. He cannot throw the ball down the field and just isn't a good player. Will his numbers look a little better, because of Denver's offense? Probably, but he's still the same below average QB.

                I will not be surprised to see Simms starting for Denver by week 4. Hell, he may win that job in camp.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
                  Okay, let me know when Denver has one of the best defenses in the NFL.



                  I've watched every single throw Orton has ever made in the NFL. He's a very average to below average NFL QB even with those weapons.

                  If Denver doesn't get Bradford next year then what? Snead is the second best QB in that class it looks like and I doubt people are sold on him as a first rounder. It doesn't look like a promising QB group and they might not be able to trade up for Bradford and could screw themselves. Their QB situation is far from fine. Could they manage with Orton for a year? Sure. The Bears have shuffled junk QBs around for years. The Bears had Grossman/Griese/Orton a few years ago. 3 back up QBs doesn't mean the situation is fine.

                  Denver is going to be awful next year. Mostly because of their defense, but Orton will be a strong reason as well.

                  I love how all of a sudden Orton has potential to do good things. Not really. He cannot throw the ball down the field and just isn't a good player. Will his numbers look a little better, because of Denver's offense? Probably, but he's still the same below average QB.

                  I will not be surprised to see Simms starting for Denver by week 4. Hell, he may win that job in camp.
                  My point about BAL wasn't defense. Over your head.

                  NFL is about more than the QB. It's about team.

                  Orton was never a great QB. No one thinks he is great. No one is saying he is great.

                  Just like Dilfer, Orton is average. Guess what? Average QB's with good O-Line's and solid weapons around them can put up good numbers.

                  Need some examples? Kurt Warner in his first season with the STL Rams. Do I really need to say more? No one, absolutely no one would have even called Warner an average QB. NO ONE!

                  Another prime time example: Rich Gannon with the Oakland Raiders. Dude was terrible until someone put a good supporting casts and a smart HC around him.

                  Another example: Tommy freakin Maddox. Complete loser and huge bust. He goes to PIT for a few seasons, has a good supporting cast and HC, and actually halfway redeems his career at the end (until Rashen Mathis brought him back down to earth).

                  Trent Green and the KC Chiefs w/ Holmes, Kennison, Gonzo, etc... Green wasn't ever really considered a great one.

                  Again, think what you want about the whole situation. We are allowed to disagree. I just think you underestimate Orton's ability when he has the types of weapons DEN has along the OL and at WR.
                  Last edited by IndyColtScout; 04-12-2009, 02:41 PM.
                  INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                    Haven't watch Snead and Ole Miss operate much have you?
                    I've seen them play, but i still have my doubts about him going in the first. He would be my #2 QB though.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I hope Edwards is coming to the Giants. For the right price of course.


                      As for Quinn, I think its dumb to let go of him. He's not getting paid all that much, and Derek Andersen is far from a guarantee at qb, so why not let Quinn show what he's made of?

                      As for possible destinations, I think the Vikings would make sense.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
                        My point about BAL wasn't defense. Over your head.

                        NFL is about more than the QB. It's about team.

                        Orton was never a great QB. No one thinks he is great. No one is saying he is great.

                        Just like Dilfer, Orton is average. Guess what? Average QB's with good O-Line's and solid weapons around them can put up good numbers.

                        Need some examples? Kurt Warner in his first season with the STL Rams. Do I really need to say more? No one, absolutely no one would have even called Warner an average QB. NO ONE!

                        Another prime time example: Rich Gannon with the Oakland Raiders. Dude was terrible until someone put a good supporting casts and a smart HC around him.

                        Another example: Tommy freakin Maddox. Complete loser and huge bust. He goes to PIT for a few seasons, has a good supporting cast and HC, and actually halfway redeems his career at the end (until Rashen Mathis brought him back down to earth).

                        Again, think what you want about the whole situation. We are allowed to disagree. I just think you underestimate Orton's ability when he has the types of weapons DEN has along the OL and at WR.
                        1. Warner was just unproven.
                        2. We do not have anything resembling the overall team the Greatest Show on Turf had. I'm pretty sure they were the 4th overall defense that year too.

                        Tommy Maddox, again had a good defense and running game. Two things lacking in Denver.

                        Rich Gannon was a big time veteran guy. They might have struck gold there, but I'm fairly confident in saying Orton is not gold. We know what he can do. And leading this Denver team to 5 or more wins ain't one of them.


                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I could see the Bucs being interested in Quinn...

                          Young solid O-line,a few good RBs, Bryant and Winslow are nice targets and Jeff Jagodzinski calling the plays. I think Quinn would be a real nice fit, it could be an exciting young offense.
                          Taking a Knapp.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I can sort of see trading Edwards but not Quinn. I think that'd be a big mistake on their part. You have your franchise LT, keep your franchise QB in the fold and draft offensive playmakers around him. Crabtree could be there at 5 and by trading Edwards you'll get a few more picks to pick up some other quality offensive guys.

                            Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                              1. Warner was just unproven.
                              2. We do not have anything resembling the overall team the Greatest Show on Turf had. I'm pretty sure they were the 4th overall defense that year too.

                              Tommy Maddox, again had a good defense and running game. Two things lacking in Denver.

                              Rich Gannon was a big time veteran guy. They might have struck gold there, but I'm fairly confident in saying Orton is not gold. We know what he can do. And leading this Denver team to 5 or more wins ain't one of them.
                              But that doesn't all fall on Orton.

                              I really do believe that DEN will have a very productive offense. Again, the teams failure next year will probably fall on the D.

                              The point of me bringing all these QB's up though is this: If you surround a guy like Orton with Clady, Marshall, Royal, some capable RB's, a good offensive coach then offensively they will be fine. If you want him to lead you to the SB, you have to build the D and find a way to sustain the offensive success. Orton can get you there, but he has to have a great surrounding casts. Don't get too down on yourself Bronco's fan because I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel even with a guy like Orton.
                              INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Please Quinn to the Bucs
                                Please Quinn to the Bucs
                                Please Quinn to the Bucs

                                Damn leftwich signing means this is unlikely
                                save Freeman

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information