Carson Palmer Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carson Palmer Question

I have a question. Carson Palmer threw 20 interceptions in 2007 and didn't have that great of a year last year before he got hurt. He has a 6 year 120 million contact and I'm wondering if he has another 20 interceptions year could he be traded?

Everything is in order for a bad year for the guy.
    Horrible offensive line.
    No tight end.
    No running back.
    Chad about to be trade
    Coles is old
    His teammates going to jail like its monopoly.
    He is 30 years old.
    Defense isn't that great.

This team has so many holes if they trade him maybe they can fill some of them and get a quarterback in the draft. Then again trading him will maybe make the biggest hole.

Guess I'm just thinking this team is in big trouble

Who would want him with that contract if he plays poorly enough for the Bengals to want to trade him?

Comment

Not to mention the draft hasn't even happened yet a little early for this thread. Either way that would be the dumbest move the Bengals could make.
      Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

If the Bengals finish in the celler with little bright spots again, I could very well see a trade being made. Their roster needs a major overhaul, and in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Carson demanded a trade.

Carson could still get a lot in a trade as well. Some team that is boarderline playoffs/superbowl that might not want to draft and develop a QB would love to get their hands on him. Right now, for me, the Jets come to mind next year. I think they are gonna stick with the young guys for now and build the D up, but next year they could be in need for a QB.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
          it wouldn't surprise me if Carson demanded a trade.
          I doubt it, he doesn't seem like the type.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I like the direction their D is moving in. If the get a more consistent pass rush next season they'll be an above average group. And a quality center would be huge for that oline which in turn would make the job easier on Benson and which ever rookie ends up his backup. With Coles, Caldwell and Simpson I think their receivers have the talent to do very well with a QB like Carson throwing them the ball if the oline can do well enough for the running game to keep teams honest. I know they have a top 6 pick this year, but if they can bolster both lines I think they could be a 8-8 team or better next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
              I doubt it, he doesn't seem like the type.
              You never know. Another crappy season there, and he might just want a change. He's already in his 30's, and I'm sure he wants a chance at going to the playoffs and possibly the superbowl while he still has some good years left.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

If the Bengals finish in the celler with little bright spots again, I could very well see a trade being made. Their roster needs a major overhaul, and in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Carson demanded a trade.

Carson could still get a lot in a trade as well. Some team that is boarderline playoffs/superbowl that might not want to draft and develop a QB would love to get their hands on him. Right now, for me, the Jets come to mind next year. I think they are gonna stick with the young guys for now and build the D up, but next year they could be in need for a QB.
                I think he would ask what is the future of this team and how long it would take for them to finally become a playoff team. The problem is that he doesn't have much of a trade value. Plus, would they be able to handle the cap hit of his and Chad's contract.

Comment

Now's not the time to hit the panic button. We're really not all that far away from being a competitive team again.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                  Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

I feel sorry for Carson Palmer he's one of the better Qbs in the NFL and his career has been largely wasted by a really poor team surrounding him, poor in every way possible.

Comment

You never know. Another crappy season there, and he might just want a change. He's already in his 30's, and I'm sure he wants a chance at going to the playoffs and possibly the superbowl while he still has some good years left.
                      Carson Palmer is 29. And he could still play well into his late thirties. He has a lot of football left unless he gets some serious injury. Steve Young didn't become our full time starter until he was 28 and played until he was 37.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Carson Palmer is still one of the best QBs in the league. Trading him really means they've got nothing left on that team. Trading him makes them infinitely worse than they are now.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                          His teammates going to jail like its monopoly.
                          I guess if you have 1 arrested in 3 years in Monopoly than yeah you are right

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                            I guess if you have 1 arrested in 3 years in Monopoly than yeah you are right
                            you got the point.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

if i were a team in need of a QB to make my team a super bowl contender (like the Vikings) i'd trade for Carson

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information