Harrison signs 6 years $51.175mm contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison signs 6 years $51.175mm contract

Steelers linebacker James Harrison cashed in on his incredible 2008 season by agreeing to a new contract that is worth $51.175 million over the next six seasons, according to a source.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4064291

8.5+ a year, DeMarcus is going to want a lot of money, eh cowboys fans? :)

Comment

Six years is kinda long but I'm glad we have tied him up. He deserves this. Yay!!

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
        8.5+ a year, DeMarcus is going to want a lot of money, eh cowboys fans? :)
        when that contract is signed and the numbers come through, people will go insane.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
          when that contract is signed and the numbers come through, people will go insane.
          Yeah, im pretty sure his contract will change the contract requests every pass rusher in the game will ask for, its going to get a little too pricey.

I hope for Dallas's sake and for owners. DeMarcus has a dropoff year.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
            Yeah, im pretty sure his contract will change the contract requests every pass rusher in the game will ask for, its going to get a little too pricey.

I hope for Dallas's sake and for owners. DeMarcus has a dropoff year.
            with contracts going up every year, way faster than the cap rises (even with an uncapped year in the making). Well I just don't know how this is going to affect the other salaries of Dallas players. There's only so much cap room.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

with contracts going up every year, way faster than the cap rises (even with an uncapped year in the making). Well I just don't know how this is going to affect the other salaries of Dallas players. There's only so much cap room.
              there definitely has to be a limit, its ridiculous. Haynesworth got his money, doesnt even stay on the field for a full 3 downs and doesnt play full seasons.

Im all for the players getting their dues, they give their bodies up, but seriously now its getting to be too much and they are being sissies.

in the old days players played both ways and their wages werent great, its the pride of the game, this money is making it worse; giving too much opportunity for bad. The players have alot invested in them and now we're seeing all these players ruin it and waste money.

Comment

Good for him I guess. He was great last year. I don't know how teams will continue to handle these salaries in this economy.

Comment

talk about being overpaid.

Comment

He's an impact player and impact players get paid. Don't see anything wrong here.

Good for the Steelers and Harrison for getting this deal done, especially as he never made a huge fuss about his contract.

Now if the Steelers lock Woodley in the next year or so, they'll be set for years to come at outside linebacker.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Good for both sides he deserves every penny.
                      Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

For a second I figured the Raiders signed Marvin. :D

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                          Good for both sides he deserves every penny.
                          no. just no. I don't care how good he is. Nobody deserves that kind of money. You can't even EARN that kind of money. Like every other NFL player, he's getting overpaid. Yes you could argue that it's a market thing or whatever, but that doesn't change the fact that NFL players, or professional athletes in general, are WAY overpaid. Deserving every penny is absolutely rediculous.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC

Comment

no. just no. I don't care how good he is. Nobody deserves that kind of money. You can't even EARN that kind of money. Like every other NFL player, he's getting overpaid. Yes you could argue that it's a market thing or whatever, but that doesn't change the fact that NFL players, or professional athletes in general, are WAY overpaid. Deserving every penny is absolutely rediculous.
                            When you compare it to the salaries that other players are getting then he is under-paid. I said that based on what other players are making. Of course all pro athletes are over paid.
                            Originally posted by 49erNation85
                            I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Yeah they are overpaid but I don't blame them for making money. What are they going to do say "no thanks I don't need the extra $25 million"?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information