Trade Rumor Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Rumor Thread

I thought there was one, but I did a half assed search and didn't find one. We can use this (or combine it with the real one) for lesser trade rumors than the bigger ones.

According to Mike Lombardi:

The Falcons are seriously considering trading for Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez and might even give up their second-round pick to make the deal.
    Link

This story has been picked up by ESPN (insider and the blogs) and is kind of interesting. While it seems like something the Falcons and TD wouldn't do (emphasis on building through the draft), but clearly the Falcons are trying to acquire a TE (tried to trade for Gonzo mid season last year, brought LJ Smith for a couple of visits, high on Pettigrew). I wouldn't mind this trade to be honest, because he would help a ton with Ryan's development (you could almost call Ryan spoiled with the weapons he would have) and could easily vault the Falcons offense into the top 5. He had a tremendous year last year and doesnt seem like he is going to slow down for another 2 years at the very least and would help a ton in the red zone (something the Falcons had a ton of trouble with at the beginning of last year). At the same time though, keeping a balanced and happy offense with Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Harry Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, and Michael Turner would be a bit hard.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

I have read that the Steelers are interested in trading for Roscoe Parrish.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
      I have read that the Steelers are interested in trading for Roscoe Parrish.
      And you give up what?

I want him on Dallas, but only if a 5th or 6th would get it done...He would fit in nicely returning punts and playing the slot for us, but I have no idea what Buffalo is asking for.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Buffalo is asking for a 4th for Roscoe. The Browns were reportedly interested as well.

Comment

why does Buffalo want to trade him?

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
            why does Buffalo want to trade him?
            TO, Lee Evans, James Hardy, and Josh Reed possibly are ahead of him on the depth chart, Steve Johnson also had some flashes last season, and Leodis is returning kicks.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
              TO, Lee Evans, James Hardy, and Josh Reed possibly are ahead of him on the depth chart, Steve Johnson also had some flashes last season, and Leodis is returning kicks.
              Johnson is definitely ahead of him too. Parrish wants to be more involved as a receiver in the offense, he always mentions it in interviews. I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow initiated/asked to be traded. He is way overpaid right now for his role as a #6 WR and a punt returner.

Comment

I would give up a 4th for him. He would be our number 4 reciever and bring an imediate impact to the return game.

Comment

I would give up a 4th for Parrish too. He would definitely be an improvement over Baker/Nance and we would finally have a steady returner.

Comment

I know I was (fairly) high on him as a prospect, but I don't feel that a punt returner and a guy who may never give you a return on offense is worth a 4th.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Jeeze if this happens the NFC South would be loaded with TE's (Winslow Shockey and Gonzalez.)

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                        how did Hardy get ahead of him?

Comment

Not a rumor, but a long snapper just got traded :D

Panthers acquired LS J.J. Jansen from the Packers in exchange for an undisclosed draft choice in 2011.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

not even a 2010 draft pick but a 2011

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                              not even a 2010 draft pick but a 2011
                              I will trade you a box of oreos for a 2013 1st rounder!

nevermind those oroes are mine!
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information