Harrell and Dorsey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrell and Dorsey

4-3 DT's on teams moving to the 3-4. What are their futures?

Richer than me. :(
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I think its very possible that Dorsey gets trade. He is not a good fit in the 3-4. Im not sure on Harrell

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Dorsey to Atlanta for their 1st this year and comp picks to see how good he plays?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Has Harrell even done much in the 43?

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            Dorsey to Atlanta for their 1st this year and comp picks to see how good he plays?
            You can't trade compensatory picks.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Reports I have read about Dorsey is that some teams (e.g Patriots) were looking at him to be a 3-4 DE.
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Would Dorsey play 3-4 end? By measurable it doesn't seem like to bad of a fit for him, but his is fast enough?

Comment

Dorsey to chicago for a second and fifth next year
                  One day i will be on the nfl sideline, maybe in a helmet or a headset. but it will take me to Canton, Ohio.

Comment

they are not trading him.

Comment

I think Dorsey could be a very good 3-4 DE. Although he doesn't have ideal height, he's strong at the point of attack and can also penetrate and rush the passer. Similar situation to a guy like Darnell Dockett. Dockett was a real nice 3-tech and has brought those skills over to being one of the best 3-4 DE's in the league.

Comment

For as much as Dorsey was termed "Baby Sapp" I didn't think he was that great a pass rusher, but he was good/better against the run. Plus didn't last year's Chiefs regime make him gain some weight?

So maybe it works out. I would hate to trade him away, even if I was running a 3-4 defense. The cap hit is just not worth it to give him up, and as mentioned above, maybe it works out at 3-4 DE better.

Hang onto him.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Dorsey was arguably the top player in the entire draft last year, he played his entire first year out of position, now he'll go to another position and defense he doesn't even fit, and then people wonder why some guys end up being a bust.

Dorsey is probably going to end up just another player, I'd look around to shop him if the contract wasn't holding them up...He could be OK as a 3-4 DE, but not nearly the impact player you would expect with a top 5 pick.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Dorsey will do fine since Pendergast will likely have a one gape scheme. So he won't need to be the massive gap eating NT we're used to seeing. Think a better Jay Ratliff.

Harrell's got to stay healthy for him to have any future in any scheme. I think he could be a good DE but that's really just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Dorsey was arguably the top player in the entire draft last year, he played his entire first year out of position, now he'll go to another position and defense he doesn't even fit, and then people wonder why some guys end up being a bust.

Dorsey is probably going to end up just another player, I'd look around to shop him if the contract wasn't holding them up...He could be OK as a 3-4 DE, but not nearly the impact player you would expect with a top 5 pick.
                              But tahts the thing, 3-4DE don't make impact plays, they are not the usual DE taht are sack artist.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information