NFL Schedule Release Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    scheduling strength is so overrated. you have no idea who is going to be good and bad next year. theres too much parity.

the only thing that makes a difference is your division. teams in easy divisions have easier schedules, thats all you can predict accurately.

the NFC east will always have the toughest schedule for that very reason.
    well, this year there will be a dropoff, the eagles, redskins, and cowboys havent done much to improve themselves, hopefully they have good drafts to keep the competitiveness.

Comment

Haynesworth?

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
        well, this year there will be a dropoff, the eagles, redskins, and cowboys havent done much to improve themselves, hopefully they have good drafts to keep the competitiveness.
        redskins are slept on.

i actually think the Cowboys are more dangerous this year without TO, bc for the first time in awhile, they'll play like a team.

the Eagles will have a drop off, i could see them battling it out for the 3rd or 4th place in the division, unless they have a killer draft.

Comment

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
          That is such a stupid rule. Travel is part of the game, man up and win a damn game on the road. Don't ***** about being treated first class on a plane and then staying in a 5 star hotel. Just do your job and win.
          therefore the pussification of the NFL continues.

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

I guess were going to use this thread even if I made my thread first dam you bhaarat!!! :)

Any ways.

The First Official Schedule Leak

It’s not much, but we’ll take it.

According to Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger, the Giants will open the 2009 season in the same way they opened the 2008 season — by hosting the Washington Redskins.

Comment

Originally posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
              Haynesworth?
              not an every down DT, misses games, and they dont have passrushers to begin with

Comment

I am really hoping that Niners game in Houston is late in the year, when it's not a 100 degrees outside.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...tails-surface/

Bears

Week 2 Steelers at home opener

SNF
                  Host Eagles
                  @Atlanta

MNF
                  Host Vikings

Thurs. NFL Network
                  @ San Fran

I really wish the Steelers game was in the snow but it should be fun to open at home against the champs.

Comment

More Of The Giants Schedule Surfaces

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                      A dropoff? You should speak. Giants lost Plax and Derrick Ward.

The Eagles are not on a dropoff. By dropoff do you mean dumping old players and replacing them with younger athletic players? Dawkins who was essentially a LB is being replaced with Demps who is a rangy deep safety who will make plays. Todd Herramens is moving out to LT where he played in college and his rookie year. Stacy Andrews is replacing Jon Runyan at RT. Who did the Eagles lose besides them? Buckhalter? Replaceable. LJ Smith? Thank god he is gone. Sean Considine? Good riddance.

The Cowboys aren't in a dropoff. They lost an aging WR and an extremely overrated safety. Chris Canty? Oh well shake it off and replace him with all that depth they have.

Redskins dropoff? Who exactly have the lost of importance? They have added the best DT in the NFL and they are on a dropoff? Riiiiggghhhttt.

Homer.

Comment

I know the Twins play in Minnesota on September 13th and 20th which is Week 1 and 2 of the NFL Regular Season. So I know the vikings will start on the road again but Week 2 there might be the chance of a Monday Night Football game in Minnesota but we will find out in 45 minutes.

Im hoping the Cleveland Browns vs Minnesota Vikings game is early in the year because if it is I will be making a trip down to Cleveland to see the game.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                          Can't wait to see how this new rule is going to change the scheduling.

Also I think the Falcons, Dolphins, Tampa Bay are going to have a worse record this year than last year. They all had an easier schedule last year than they do this year.

Tampa Bay I think ends up in the top 5 next year
                          , they had much 8th easiest schedule last year and finished 9-7. This year they cleaned house, and have one of the hardest, playing the AFC East and NFC East.

Miami has the hardest schedule, but as long as they don't have a long stretch of away games they should be fine. I still see at least 2 more losses.

Falcons are in the same boat as Miami, but they still win the division.

Pittsburgh went from hardest schedule last year with the number one defense to 4th easiest schedule, and pretty much the same defense.

The Bears and Jay Cutler should make the playoffs with the easiest schedule.

I'm surprised the Lions don't have the easiest schedule. I guess going 0-16, might be the reason that the Bears, Vikings, and Packers have the easiest schedules.
                          So you expect Tampa and Atlanta to be worse than last year, but you still expect Tampa to finish in the "top 5" which would mean they would have to be either division winners or 2nd placers, with Atlanta winning when there's still Carolina and New Orleans to contend with?

Do I need to remind you that both Atlanta and Carolina have the vast majority (in Carolina's case ALL) of their starters from last year returning, whereas Tampa will be in turmoil without a proper starting franchise QB and no real identity as a team.

Tampa were a decent team, but they're going to be lucky to win 7 games next year in the NFC South there's no easy games next year.

As for Atlanta, they'll be in contention but they've still got an uphill battle for the title.
                          Last edited by BlindSite; 04-14-2009, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                            So you expect Tampa and Atlanta to be worse than last year, but you still expect Tampa to finish in the "top 5" which would mean they would have to be either division winners or 2nd placers, with Atlanta winning when there's still Carolina and New Orleans to contend with?

Do I need to remind you that both Atlanta and Carolina have the vast majority (in Carolina's case ALL) of their starters from last year returning, whereas Tampa will be in turmoil without a proper starting franchise QB and no real identity as a team.

Tampa were a decent team, but they're going to be lucky to win 7 games next year in the NFC South there's no easy games next year.

As for Atlanta, they'll be in contention but they've still got an uphill battle for the title.
                            I'm pretty sure he meant that Tampa would get a top-5 pick in the draft...
                            TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

gut feeling says KC opens up vs DAL where they will wear the Texans unis and it will mark the first ever meeting of the Texans vs Cowboys

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                                gut feeling says KC opens up vs DAL where they will wear the Texans unis and it will mark the first ever meeting of the Texans vs Cowboys
                                Texans vs. Cowboys happened in 2002, and again in 2006.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information