NFL Schedule Release Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Schedule Release Thread

Can't wait to see how this new rule is going to change the scheduling.

Also I think the Falcons, Dolphins, Tampa Bay are going to have a worse record this year than last year. They all had an easier schedule last year than they do this year.

Tampa Bay I think ends up in the top 5 next year, they had much 8th easiest schedule last year and finished 9-7. This year they cleaned house, and have one of the hardest, playing the AFC East and NFC East.

Miami has the hardest schedule, but as long as they don't have a long stretch of away games they should be fine. I still see at least 2 more losses.

Falcons are in the same boat as Miami, but they still win the division.

Pittsburgh went from hardest schedule last year with the number one defense to 4th easiest schedule, and pretty much the same defense.

The Bears and Jay Cutler should make the playoffs with the easiest schedule.

I'm surprised the Lions don't have the easiest schedule. I guess going 0-16, might be the reason that the Bears, Vikings, and Packers have the easiest schedules.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32457

Beat you.:)

Comment

dman it....no one commented in yours. O well some one combine this ****.

Seriously who makes a thread a 8:20.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        Can't wait to see how this new rule is going to change the scheduling.
        What new rule?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
          What new rule?
          East coast teams can only travel to the West once, or they can't do it back to back.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            East coast teams can only travel to the West once, or they can't do it back to back.
            Wait, what? That sounds like a pretty unfair rule. If I'm understanding it right, this would make it impossible for any East coast team to play either West division, unless they changed the rule for guaranteed home games along with that rule.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
              Wait, what? That sounds like a pretty unfair rule. If I'm understanding it right, this would make it impossible for any East coast team to play either West division, unless they changed the rule for guaranteed home games along with that rule.
              Google it, it was approved at the owners meeting.

Under the new plan, teams wouldn't have to visit two West Coast teams, just one, along with a team closer to the Midwest. Specifically, Oakland will be paired with Denver, and San Diego will be paired with Denver. In the NFC, Arizona and San Francisco will be paired as will St. Louis and Seattle.
              Since 2002 when the league expanded to eight four-team divisions, the NFL has used a rotating formula in which a team plays four opponents within its conference once every three years and four teams in the other conference every four years.
              Teams that have road games against Denver and Oakland will get home games against Kansas City and San Diego. The opposite scenario will also be true. The same format of home-and-away games with the paired cities holds true for the NFC as well.
              The proposal was submitted by the broadcast committee for the purpose of creating a better balance for travel to the West Coast. Currently, the AFC South and the NFC West are scheduled to play the AFC West in 2010, which is when the new plan would be starting.
              Senior NFL writer John Clayton contributed to this report.
              So instead of making multiple trips, they would just have 2 away games in a row and stay on the west coast.
              Last edited by brat316; 04-14-2009, 10:46 AM.

Comment

That rule sucks. West coast teams travel to the East coast so often and the east coast teams ***** about doing it twice a year.

What are they gonna do in 2012 when the AFC North is supposed to the the AFCW and NFCW?
                Last edited by Smooth Criminal; 04-14-2009, 11:00 AM.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                  That rule sucks. West coast teams travel to the East coast so often and the east coast teams ***** about doing it twice a year.

What are they gonna do in 2012 when the AFC North is supposed to the the AFCW and NFCW?

well AFC North teams will make probably a total of two trips per team.

Comment

That is such a stupid rule. Travel is part of the game, man up and win a damn game on the road. Don't ***** about being treated first class on a plane and then staying in a 5 star hotel. Just do your job and win.

Comment

I made a thread about that rule and no one cared. :(

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                        That is such a stupid rule. Travel is part of the game, man up and win a damn game on the road. Don't ***** about being treated first class on a plane and then staying in a 5 star hotel. Just do your job and win.
                        This is accurate.
                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                          It surprises me how much guys who get payed millions and millions of dollars ***** about these things...am I the only one that this and bitching about the difference between a 25 million and 28 million contract really pisses them off?
                          I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

scheduling strength is so overrated. you have no idea who is going to be good and bad next year. theres too much parity.

the only thing that makes a difference is your division. teams in easy divisions have easier schedules, thats all you can predict accurately.

the NFC east will always have the toughest schedule for that very reason.

Comment

well for them its really not about the money, is more the status that comes with it. U get paid more, it usually means to them that they are "worth" more. its not like they absolutely need the millions. its just a different way of looking at it.

@rule: well look at it that way: less flying = less polluting!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information