Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Deal For Jones-Drew

New Deal For Jones-Drew

"According to Michael C. Wright of the Florida Times-Union, Jones-Drew has agreed to terms on a long-term extension with the team.

Per Wright, the deal is believed to pay Jones-Drew in the range of $8 million per year, with $20 million guaranteed."

Just wow crazy money.

Comment

MJD is frigging amazing! I wonder if Keak sees a % of that
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Good to see "Pocket Hercules" getting some love. I enjoy watching him beast on occasion.

Comment

This is the best news of the offseason.

Comment

MJD really deserves it

Comment

Good to see him locked up for longer. Just looking at that Money and seeing he is 3rd Highest paid RB in the league behind Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson makes me wonder what Adrian Peterson is going to get when the vikings try to extend his contract..

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

awwww hell yeah.

Now let's hope to God Gene Smith doesn't draft Beanie Wells.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

^ don't worry, most mocks have Sanchez at 8. ;)

Glad to see MJD getting paid. He always seems like a stand up guy. Let's see how he holds up in the true #1 role.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                    ^ don't worry, most mocks have Sanchez at 8. ;)

Glad to see MJD getting paid. He always seems like a stand up guy. Let's see how he holds up in the true #1 role.
                    The Jaguars.com lead guy has us taking Beanie Wells. He's usually right.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                      Good to see him locked up for longer. Just looking at that Money and seeing he is 3rd Highest paid RB in the league behind Larry Johnson and Steven Jackson makes me wonder what Adrian Peterson is going to get when the vikings try to extend his contract..
                      The good news is Peterson is signed to a 6-year deal so an extension isn't likely for a few seasons. That said, if Peterson keeps performing like he has and stays healthy, he's going to get the biggest runningback contract in history by a wide-margin. He's one of the few backs in today's NFL who you can build an offense around and he will single-handedly win you games.

Comment

thanks god the falcons signed Turner to a long contract last off season

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

That's a lot for a running back but I was expecting more TBH. It's always fun watching this guy play

Comment

As much as I like Jones-Drew, this seems like crazy money to me. I would have waited to see how he fares as the starter in '09 (only started 4 games to this point) and to see what if anything becomes of labor uncertainty in 2011.

The only reason I can think of doing this now is to meet the salary floor, which I didn't think was a problem for Jacksonville. Or if Jones-Drew was going to hold out for as long as possible until he did get a new deal, but I don't think he would have done that either.

Well, they've got him locked up. He's going to be the identity of their offense for next couple of years.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I like the extension. He's a great player and seems like a quality guy off the field.

And you just reminded me that LJ was the highest paid RB in the NFL. Thanks Carl Peterson!

Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information